Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   ATP Don't Look Back Daydream Nation (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=10668)

jon boy 02.26.2007 03:40 PM

i got mine from the venue but paid £2 extra for the privelidge. its so annoying when they advertise a gig for a certain price and you know full well its not going to be that price at all. still i got a ticket!

maggot brain 02.26.2007 03:43 PM

my tickets from the roundhouse website only cost £1 extra. the seetickets ones were £30!

jon boy 02.26.2007 03:46 PM

hhmmmm thats strange that yours cost £1 and mine £2 extra. i know its not much but why say its £25? maybe thats what it is if you go to the venue or something.

screamingskull 02.26.2007 03:48 PM

from seetickets it was £25 plus £2 booking fee and £3 postage and packaging. Fuckers!

GrungeMonkey 02.26.2007 04:33 PM

I got mine today too!

Did anyone else who bought their tickets from the Roundhouse website make a donation? I didn't but I feel bad about it now... Ah well, I'll get over it.

No Star 02.26.2007 05:10 PM

donate to me instead, i live miles from camden..

GrungeMonkey 02.26.2007 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No Star
donate to me instead, i live miles from camden..

If youre good.

No Star 02.26.2007 05:16 PM

oh i will be, send me four quid and i will post you a demo of my band Mastersystem! fair?

xo

evol 02.26.2007 06:08 PM

Hi!
I live in Spain, I am thinking of attending the roundhouse show, What do you prefer and why: sets or satnding? I have been in 6 SY shows most of them satnding but I saw the in a theater all seated and it was wonderfull
Please help me decide!!

Danny Himself 02.26.2007 06:09 PM

Standing will be a great experience. You have more freedom to move around.

sonicl 02.26.2007 06:15 PM

These days, if there's a choice between sitting and standing at a gig, I'm more likely to sit, but I'd never dream of sitting at a Sonic Youth show.

pokkeherrie 02.26.2007 06:15 PM

so now i have bought tickets for both shows... which means there's a fair chance i may actually be attending this thing. :cool:

as long as the summer tour schedule hasn't been announced and the plane tickets haven't been bought i'm still holding my horses though.

SonicSam 02.26.2007 06:53 PM

I got tickets for both days and slint tickets as an early birthday present, wow! I'm gonna die when the first notes of teenage riot start and the prospect of seeing my 2 favourite songs live is a good one (Good morning captain and cross the breeze) Who would have thought a couple of years ago that i would see slint twice and sonic youth performing daydream nation? I've never been more excited about a gig!

Krisibility 02.26.2007 09:02 PM

yeah it's 25£ if you got buy your tickets at the venue.

Alan ciccone 02.26.2007 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAULYBEE2656
gah. the more i think of this gig, te more it must be absorbed by retinal and aural means! gotta go........

....looks likely that its the electric picnic for sy tis year, not confirmed by the way!
another irish date for sy at a festival. its been 10 years since their last inside a venue gig in ireland! and the worst thing, electric picnic tickets sell out even before the line up is released!
gotta get to this mother of a gig to!

hey alan ciccone>............ where in the greater ireland area u in??????

Hey Pauly, we may have talked before a while back as Ive been away from here for a good while. long enough that I had to join again. I'm from portmarnock in north dublin.

Where have you heard those rumours about electric picnic? I saw them at witness in 2002 but the sound men really fucked up. other than that Ive had to go foreign to see them.

habibtheantiamericanbitch 02.27.2007 09:06 AM

we want good recordings of this!!! aud/vid, the works. none of this cell phone, 3min youtube crap!!! SY needs to have this professionally done AND RELEASED!!!! They need to realize that EVERY one of their fans will covet those lucky enough to see it and know that they will never do this again. SY- Thanks for doing this and bring it to the whole Sonic fucking world!!!

greenlight 02.27.2007 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan ciccone
Hey Pauly, we may have talked before a while back as Ive been away from here for a good while. long enough that I had to join again. I'm from portmarnock in north dublin.

Where have you heard those rumours about electric picnic? I saw them at witness in 2002 but the sound men really fucked up. other than that Ive had to go foreign to see them.

nice to see somebody from portmanrock here. i'm from malahide, but i'm one of them foreing cunt's, hehe. what do you think about beachcomber's chips? one of the best.

how come you haven't see them at marlay park?

that electric picnic is still rumour tho, i'm hoping they'll play in dublin (im hoping they'll play in prague), but still....i'm going to see them in london.

_slavo_ 02.27.2007 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenlight
but still....i'm going to see them in london.

greenlight, ides na prvy alebo druhy koncert? pod aj na druhy, ozereme sa. :)

greenlight 02.27.2007 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
greenlight, ides na prvy alebo druhy koncert? pod aj na druhy, ozereme sa. :)

este som nestihol reagovat na tvoj "tak som si teda kupil listok" thread kde som ti chcel napisat: PO PICI ze ides!

ja mam listok na prvy den. mam ist na druhy? urcite rad by som sa s tebou ozral. kedy prilietas? MOZNO budem mat jeden extra listok na piatok. siel by si?

_slavo_ 02.27.2007 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenlight
este som nestihol reagovat na tvoj "tak som si teda kupil listok" thread kde som ti chcel napisat: PO PICI ze ides!

ja mam listok na prvy den. mam ist na druhy? urcite rad by som sa s tebou ozral. kedy prilietas? MOZNO budem mat jeden extra listok na piatok. siel by si?

fakt, co ti jebe? ist aj v piatok...mozno ze aj hej!!!!