Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   2009 Set Lists -- POST HERE! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=29981)

Bravewayne 07.20.2009 01:49 PM

Kansas City Redemption

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattmacneil
The Wonder and Hyperstation? holy shit!

Can't believe this show ... Was so disappointed with Dallas, and drove six hours to redeem my love for SY and it worked! KC was amazing -- the crowd was better, they played two encores, lots of dancing from Kim, and they stretched some of the songs -- especially the wonder -- into the most amazing sounds ...

Anyone have the setlist in order yet?

The Hammered 07.21.2009 01:18 AM

Milwaukee was fantastic. Awesome Color were great as well; unfortunately, I didn't know any of their songs. I have most of SY's setlist in order, but not all.

Sacred Trickster
No Way
Calming the Snake
Stereo Sanctity
Walkin Blue
Poison Arrow
Anti-Orgasm
(Here "Leaky Lifeboat," "Hey Joni," "Antenna," and "Malibu Gas Station" were played, possibly in that order or something close.)
Massage the History
Pacific Coast Highway
(encore break)
What We Know
Tom Violence
(encore break)
Shadow of a Doubt
Death Valley '69

I'm pretty sure I didn't leave anything out, but I'd appreciate it if anyone could give the order of the four songs I have jumbled together.

Other notes about the show: before, Kim and Lee talked for a while about how Thurston had drunk a malt (?) and was going to throw up. Thurston looked sick and sat facing away from the audience for a while, but seemed to be fine once they started playing. The mosh pit started up around Poison Arrow, I think. Kim shook hands with the audience during PCH. Lots of noise teases and interludes.

Anngella 07.21.2009 02:02 AM

I squeezed her finger -melts-

mikkohermosa 07.22.2009 01:34 AM

Just back from first ave show.

Outside of "The Eternal", the set list was very Sister-heavy. Catholic Block, White Cross, and Stereo Sanctity were all rocked hard.

Oh yeah, Silver Rocket thrown in there, too. Holy F@^$!!!

And 2nd encore closed, bruisingly with DV69.

Jawdropping show.

All the 20 year old rockers should just give up and go home ;)

CHOUT 07.22.2009 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikkohermosa
Just back from first ave show.

Outside of "The Eternal", the set list was very Sister-heavy. Catholic Block, White Cross, and Stereo Sanctity were all rocked hard.

Oh yeah, Silver Rocket thrown in there, too. Holy F@^$!!!

And 2nd encore closed, bruisingly with DV69.

Jawdropping show.

All the 20 year old rockers should just give up and go home ;)

It was awesome...there was so much energy between the band and the crowd...and playing my three favorite songs from Sister took it over the top for me, not to mention DV69 - I haven't seen them do that in over 10 years.

pantophobia 07.22.2009 03:36 AM

first full vid to appear of Stereo Sanctity from last night, i am beyond jealous of those who will and have seen it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx_xDryJBEI

jennthebenn 07.22.2009 07:06 AM

Pantos, I'm starting to believe your "Don't Look Back" vibe.

Andrés 07.23.2009 07:53 PM

WOW!! the band has been playing lots of different songs in this tour. I think that's not very common. Chris?

Chris Lawrence 07.23.2009 08:26 PM

42 songs so far this year, which is a record. Only 35 on this North American tour, though... wanna know which ones they've left out?

- 100%
- Burning Spear
- Eric's Trip
- Kool Thing
- Mote
- Schizophrenia
- Teenage Riot
- Bull in the Heather (once on tour)

It's almost like they read our minds. (and by 'our' I mean the collective fanbase seeking more varied set lists, or at least a break from the 'staples' of years past) .. As far as I'm concerned this tour has the best set lists of the decade.

EVOLghost 07.23.2009 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fauxhemian
i though they did but i could be mistaken. rather than argue, maybe someone else can confirm or deny this.

they didn't

Andrés 07.23.2009 09:36 PM

They played Bull... in Chile. and prolly they could easily add Drunken.. and Skip-Tracer to the setlist. Too bad they stopped playing Sunday in 2006. Anyway...Long Live the Sonic-Youth!!!

reginald 07.23.2009 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Lawrence
42 songs so far this year, which is a record. Only 35 on this North American tour, though... wanna know which ones they've left out?

- 100%
- Burning Spear
- Eric's Trip
- Kool Thing
- Mote
- Schizophrenia
- Teenage Riot

It's almost like they read our minds. (and by 'our' I mean the collective fanbase seeking more varied set lists, or at least a break from the 'staples' of years past) .. As far as I'm concerned this tour has the best set lists of the decade.

I believe so too. I know they granted my wish in Nashville by playing 4 of 6 'other tunes' than The Eternal that I'd never heard live. Somehow they just knew ! :p

fauxhemian 07.24.2009 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
they didn't

a little slow on your confirmation, eh. i think we covered it a few pages back. thanks though.

Concrete Abutments 07.25.2009 09:23 AM

OK Boise and Spokane. Where are they? Was anybody at those shows?

and i sound like this.... 07.25.2009 01:02 PM

Spokane 7-24
all of the eternal minus thunderclap with hey joni silver rocket and catholic block thrown in. The encores gave up shadow of a doubt and expressway. It was the first time they played this town and they blew minds! The crowd was loving it and the band could tell another amazing show.

pantophobia 07.25.2009 01:15 PM

for Boise which Jenn texted me, not sure on the Eternal songs, but the others were

Shadow of a Doubt
Stereo Sanctity
The Sprawl
Cross the Breeze
Tom Violence
White Kross

Chris Lawrence 07.25.2009 04:01 PM

SPOKANE

No Way
Sacred Trickster
Calming the Snake
Hey Joni