Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   SY play at Nightmare Before Xmas ATP UK Dec 4th-6th (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=30273)

greenlight 12.03.2009 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
kokot vyjebany je to. uz som normalne rozmyslal, ako napcham karimatku do lietadla. more, jak ma nasral chuj

hehehe.

The Earl Of Slander 12.03.2009 12:18 PM

Oh motherfucking shit shit BALLS!!! 3 of us had been going to go to together, and one friend had come to stay with me in York the night before, then the other was picking us up on the way down the country in her car and we were sharing the driving. Or that was the plan. But now, it seems, HER CARE HAS BEEN SEIZED BECAUSE SHE FAILED TO MAKE THE PAYMENTS ON IT. This is a NIGHTMARE. She's not going now, but the rail costs this last minute are going to utterly rape me and my friends in the ass! I don't suppose that anyone is heading down via Yorkshire and have two spaces for hitchers? (we would of course pay our share of petrol plus a bit to show our supreme gratitude)

EvdWee 12.03.2009 03:57 PM

sorry, i am leaving in two hours from Utrecht, Netherlands, but our van is full...

but i can't wait, i have to say...

The Earl Of Slander 12.03.2009 03:59 PM

Fair enough. It looks increasingly like I'll be forced to blow the £120 on a train ticket...

This Is Not Here 12.03.2009 05:50 PM

Exciting stuff, already down in Somerset. Staying with my Gran a night. Rock n' Roll.

_slavo_ 12.03.2009 06:06 PM

Tomorrow !!! See you all there!

I'll be that drunk in a black jacket with a very peculiar accent.

greenlight 12.03.2009 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
Tomorrow !!! See you all there!

I'll be that drunk in a black jacket with a very peculiar accent.

do you still have a same ph. numb.?

nancykitten 12.03.2009 07:02 PM

Can't wait.

blunderbuss 12.04.2009 01:16 AM

I've lost loads of people's phone numbers - if anyone fancies meeting up, I'll be in the Irish bar about one o'clock on Saturday, wearing a Snoopy and Woodstock Christmas t-shirt.

Melly and Toxic Johnny - If you're going, this applies especially to you. My life is calming down a bit, I'm feeling more sociable, I'd love to see ya.

toxic johnny 12.04.2009 02:06 AM

Hey Blunderb**... I'm not going, and am now feeling really sick about it. Work commitments etc. etc.

I hope that everyone has a fantastic time... and I'm sure you all will.

Please report back for all the poor unfortunates left behind.

The Earl Of Slander 12.04.2009 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blunderbuss
I've lost loads of people's phone numbers - if anyone fancies meeting up, I'll be in the Irish bar about one o'clock on Saturday, wearing a Snoopy and Woodstock Christmas t-shirt.

Melly and Toxic Johnny - If you're going, this applies especially to you. My life is calming down a bit, I'm feeling more sociable, I'd love to see ya.

I may get in on this. Would be cool to finally meet some of the boardies for a drink after posting here for like 2 years or whatever. I'll wear a Miles Davis Group T-shirt for identification.

stu666 12.04.2009 03:14 AM

i'll probably be wearing a SY t-shirt, i don't have many other clothes, see you guys there!

Moshe 12.04.2009 05:26 AM

Quote:

Have fun everyone and beware of this dirty old man. :)

nicfit 12.04.2009 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stu666
i'll probably be wearing a SY t-shirt, i don't have many other clothes, see you guys there!

Not even pants??

jahahaha

Have fun guys, I'll be the hefty bearded fella in his room in Italy trying not to think about what he's missing.

blunderbuss 12.04.2009 07:22 AM

Hey, Greenlight - How's Stansted?

I've just finished packing, gotta have lunch and run some errands, and then I'll be on the way to pick you guys up :)

greenlight 12.06.2009 08:37 AM

sonic youth setlist:

sacred trickster
no way
calming the snake
hey joni
anti-orgasm
poison arrow
leaky lifeboat
antenna
the sprawl
what we know
massage the history
--
dv 69

great gig. enjoyed it. group was really in a good mood. Kim looked lovely, Thurston did some of his freakouts and poses, very in front, so highly satisfied with SY's performance last night. stuck in the bristol airport. heading to dublin to see SY there. was lovely meeting you all!

greenlight 12.06.2009 09:03 AM

oh, I forgot to mention. it was nice to see them doing soundcheck and it was pity, that I missed Thurston's and Kim interview. video of it should be somewhere on the internet I heard...I'm not sure....blunderbuss?

MellySingsDoom 12.06.2009 09:15 AM

Quote:

Afraid I'm not going to be there either, blunderbuss. Hope you have a great time there :)

greenlight 12.07.2009 09:53 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjZz-iFTaxo

hey Slavo, James, I can see you!

greenlight 12.07.2009 10:17 AM

my bloody valentine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_BVACo2nhE

there's not many vids. from ATP yet.