Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   SY play at Nightmare Before Xmas ATP UK Dec 4th-6th (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=30273)

blunderbuss 12.07.2009 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenlight
oh, I forgot to mention. it was nice to see them doing soundcheck and it was pity, that I missed Thurston's and Kim interview. video of it should be somewhere on the internet I heard...I'm not sure....blunderbuss?

The soundcheck exceeded the "proper" performance in brilliance, in my opinion. Five Eternal songs played beautifully with no braying crowd to spoil the enjoyment.

The interview, with Ian Svenonius, was set up by, and filmed for, VBS TV for their Soft Focus series. It was very funny and cool, but I have a shit memory at the best of times and therefore can recount just about none of it.

greenlight 12.07.2009 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blunderbuss
The interview, with Ian Svenonius, was set up by, and filmed for, VBS TV for their Soft Focus series. It was very funny and cool, but I have a shit memory at the best of times and therefore can recount just about none of it.

thanks!

stu666 12.07.2009 12:49 PM

i've just got home after having an amzing weekend, need to get some sleep now. sy were great as usuall and like greenlight said Kim looked really lovely! lightning bolt were excellent both nights. it was also very nice meeting so many people from here, i'm sorry if i was too wasted at times and it was hard to understand me :o and sorry i missed you richard before you left on sunday but it was cool meeting and having drinks with you and i'm sure we'll meet again soon. extra special thankyou to slavo too for last night ;) you're friends are mad! can't wait to see the group photo aswell.

greenlight 12.07.2009 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stu666
i've just got home after having an amzing weekend, need to get some sleep now. sy were great as usuall and like greenlight said Kim looked really lovely! lightning bolt were excellent both nights. it was also very nice meeting so many people from here, i'm sorry if i was too wasted at times and it was hard to understand me :o and sorry i missed you richard before you left on sunday but it was cool meeting and having drinks with you and i'm sure we'll meet again soon. extra special thankyou to slavo too for last night ;) you're friends are mad! can't wait to see the group photo aswell.

:).

A Thousand Threads 12.07.2009 01:19 PM

[quote=stu666]i'm sorry if i was too wasted at times and it was hard to understand me[/qoute]
Haha

Cool to hear you all had fun.

stu666 12.07.2009 01:24 PM

also if the cute girl who i watched MBV with on friday (you threw my SY hat over the barrier) posts here or see this please get in touch, i'd like to talk to you again.

blunderbuss 12.07.2009 01:34 PM

And if the person at Butlins who organises the catering concessions posts here, please contact me, I'd like to give you some guidance on the subject of nutrition, and the production of food that has flavours of its own.

It is SO nice to be home and eating proper food.

blunderbuss 12.07.2009 01:55 PM

blunderbuss 12.07.2009 02:26 PM

londondaydream 12.07.2009 02:34 PM

I'd just like to say, Death valley utterly destroyed! so happy they played it.

stu666 12.07.2009 03:57 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSee8pAC1TE

Toilet & Bowels 12.07.2009 04:32 PM

fun weekend.

my favourite things were:

epmd
the pastels
the dirty 3
th' faith healers
lightning bolt
mbv
sy playing hey joni, wasn't that into the rest of the set though
the stuff i can't talk about

_slavo_ 12.07.2009 05:50 PM

Quote:

i hope my friends didn't scare you away too much ;)

I had the best weekend in a long long time.
Concert highlights:
- EPMD
- My Bloody Valentine yesterday
- Harmony Rockets (wonderful set!)
- Sonic Youth doing DV69
- watching Toilet&Bowels do crowdsurfing on Lightning Bolt gig

Also, was really nice to meet all of you - blunderbuss, greenlight, stu, nefeli, t&b, pokkeherrie, the earl of slander

stu666 12.08.2009 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
i hope my friends didn't scare you away too much ;)

haha, no they're cool.

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
I had the best weekend in a long long time.

me too, but it's back to work now. :(

blunderbuss 12.08.2009 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
the pastels

I caught a little of their set, and enjoyed it a lot more than when I saw them before.

greenlight 12.08.2009 05:07 AM

hey cheers for them pics blunderbuss! I really like the one from the sound check. I think I'm going to use it for a cover of my ATP recording. such a pity I haven't record the sound check. but who knew they'll be playing 4 songs!!! or was it five?

_slavo_ 12.08.2009 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenlight
hey cheers for them pics blunderbuss! I really like the one from the sound check. I think I'm going to use it for a cover of my ATP recording. such a pity I haven't record the sound check. but who knew they'll be playing 4 songs!!! or was it five?

it was actually six, if you count the Depeche Mode cover they did in the end as well

EvdWee 12.08.2009 06:38 AM

Quote:

you were the guy with the sonic youth hat, all weekend?

_slavo_ 12.08.2009 08:11 AM

oh, and it was nice to have a brief chat with Aaron Mullen at the mixing desk

greenlight 12.08.2009 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvdWee
you were the guy with the sonic youth hat, all weekend?

yeah that was him!