Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   ATP Don't Look Back Daydream Nation (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=10668)

stadtgorilla 03.01.2007 04:46 PM

count me in

sonicl 03.02.2007 10:04 AM

If anyone has been kicking themselves for not buying a ticket, there are seated tickets available on the Roundhouse website for the Friday show at the moment. Better be quick though...

greenlight 03.02.2007 10:09 AM

got mine yesterday!

_slavo_ 03.02.2007 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicl
If anyone has been kicking themselves for not buying a ticket, there are seated tickets available on the Roundhouse website for the Friday show at the moment. Better be quick though...

fucking hell, all has been sold out on Monday, so I got mine for the second night.

sonicl 03.02.2007 10:18 AM

I'm guessing that people who had to buy seats on Friday because all the standing had been sold have now swapped them for standing on Saturday, and it's their returned tickets that are available.

But it's too late now, they've gone.

FREDDY!LUNDBERG! 03.02.2007 12:01 PM

Got my friend and I tickets for the Saturday show. Flying over from Belfast on the morning, somehow finding our way to the Roundhouse, rocking out to possibly the greatest gig of all-time, heading back to airport and attempting an uncomfortable sleep before our extremely early flight back.

I cannot wait.

P.S. Any of you Londoners have any advice/help on which airport might be handiest to fly in to, location wise? Cheers.

jon boy 03.02.2007 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FREDDY!LUNDBERG!
Got my friend and I tickets for the Saturday show. Flying over from Belfast on the morning, somehow finding our way to the Roundhouse, rocking out to possibly the greatest gig of all-time, heading back to airport and attempting an uncomfortable sleep before our extremely early flight back.

I cannot wait.

P.S. Any of you Londoners have any advice/help on which airport might be handiest to fly in to, location wise? Cheers.

not stanstead.

Danny Himself 03.02.2007 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raging_nelly
They should profesionally record one of the shows then release it on a second disc as part of the re-release.

It's weird, months ago when the re-release was being discussed I remember saying that a DVD of a live DDN show would be cool. Perhaps I am psychic.

GrungeMonkey 03.02.2007 01:22 PM

Perhaps you are.

evol 03.03.2007 06:13 PM

Hi all!
Finally got tickets for both shows!!
I will be travelling from Spain, I prefer to see this in a comfortable venue and not in a festival (primavera sound)
Sergi are you around?
Regards from Gijón!
evol

_slavo_ 03.05.2007 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evol
Hi all!
I will be travelling from Spain, I prefer to see this in a comfortable venue and not in a festival (primavera sound)
Sergi are you around?
Regards from Gijón!
evol

that's too good, I'm glad I'm not the only madman travelling through half the Europe to see Sonic Youth live. See you there

stephenbush 03.05.2007 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
that's too good, I'm glad I'm not the only madman travelling through half the Europe to see Sonic Youth live. See you there

hey...it's not like you're coming from Texas, though, like I am...so touché!

evol 03.06.2007 06:23 PM

That´s really a long trip stephenbush!! But I´m sure you won´t be dissapointed :)

Where are you from slavo?

Hope to meet you all there and exchange some impressions (in front of a drink):p

sergisonic 03.07.2007 03:11 AM

sonic youth performing DDN @ Barcelona

Quote:

Hi all!
Sergi are you around?
Regards from Gijón!
evol

my friend Pedrooooooo!
How are you? obviously, I got tickets for Primavera Sound in Barcelona, but i'm still thinking about London and, why not, another european place with regular setlist, too (well, in december i was in paris, for the sonic youth show at le zenith...)
Best regards from Barcelona,
Estamos en contacto!

sergi

_slavo_ 03.07.2007 03:22 AM

Quote:

Where are you from slavo?

Bratislava, Slovakia (former Czechoslovakia).

evol 03.07.2007 02:49 PM

How are you doin´Sergi?
Everything fine here
So you need another dose of SY current material?;)
I understand it, it happens always the same for me:p
Lucky to live in Barcelona!!
Greetings!!

eatmychild 03.09.2007 01:29 PM

This show's gonna have so many highlights. I think mine will be Cross the Breeze or Trilogy. The whole experience will be mindblowing.

screamingskull 03.13.2007 03:37 PM

holy shit, tickets are going for £100 on ebay right now.

sonicl 03.13.2007 03:59 PM

Really? Maybe when they reach £400 I might be tempted to sell. I've seen SY play DDN twice before, and I could do with a holiday.

sarramkrop 03.13.2007 04:01 PM

I'm tempted to sell mine too.I have had a mind-turn and decided that it would be best if i didn't see them play the album, after all.