Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   The Eternal:: Buy Early Get Now (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=29670)

EvdWee 04.28.2009 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rappard
Yes sirree bob. Do I need to order one for you as well?

hehe, ain't got no credit card.

Thin_icE 04.28.2009 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by repeater
posted this in the 28th arpil thread as well, but Insound has a singed copy for the first 100 orders;
http://www.insound.com/Sonic_Youth_The_Eternal_(Buy_Early_Get_Now_Edition )__PRE-ORDER_2xLP/productmain/p/INS56612/

Is it me, or does it seem to have finished?

noisereductions 04.28.2009 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thisisradioclash
Full album stream's up on the BEGN site - 'Anti-Orgasm' is pretty tight. It's the same media player as 'Sacred Trickster' and the Eternal mix - just hit the forward button if you want to advance to the other songs.

I dnt know if I'm gonna listen to the stream. I'm not sure I want to hear the album for the first time just sitting at my desk. I might hold off. But I doubt it.

blunderbuss 04.29.2009 11:12 PM

Wasn't there going to be some different European BEGN with different extras? Or was that a misunderstanding?

Piepi 04.30.2009 02:52 AM

Yes, they tried to make some kind of that, but it never happened

malefactor 04.30.2009 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moshe
New Sonic Youth Album - Buy Early Get Now Offer!

POSTED BY Rod ON Thu Mar 26, 09:15 AM
http://easystreetonline.com/images/i....jpg&width=360

The new Sonic Youth album, The Eternal, is not officially released until June 9, but thanks to Matador Records' "Buy Early Get Now" promotion, you not only get to hear the record as early as April 28, but you also will get a bonus limited live vinyl Sonic Youth LP (while supplies last), a limited-edition poster, plus exclusive MP3 outtakes and live tracks with your purchase! Here's how it works:
Come in to one of our stores and ask for a Sonic Youth Buy Early Get Now card. You purchase the CD or LP in advance and fill out the card which will include your unique code to download your bonus tracks from the website specified on the card. You take half of the card (don't lose it!) and wait for the goodies to roll in. Here's what you will get:
April 28 - Exclusive pre-release stream of The Eternal becomes available. First bonus MP3 download will also be available at this time.
May 12 - Second bonus MP3 download available
June 2 - Third bonus MP3 download available
June 9 - Official release date - bring your half of the Buy Early Get Now card into the store to get your copy of The Eternal, bonus live LP, and poster!
The CD version of The Eternal is priced at $19.99, the vinyl LP is $33.99.

So, since the first bonus mp3 was not available on the 28th, when will it come out? On May 12th? But that's the date for the 2nd bonus mp3. Anyway, I'm already fiending for the bonus mp3 tracks. The main Eternal songs are soooo 2 days ago!! I want to hear some new sonic youth :)

lol 04.30.2009 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by malefactor
So, since the first bonus mp3 was not available on the 28th, when will it come out? On May 12th? But that's the date for the 2nd bonus mp3. Anyway, I'm already fiending for the bonus mp3 tracks. The main Eternal songs are soooo 2 days ago!! I want to hear some new sonic youth :)

///
Quote:

Originally Posted by matablog
Album stream goes live tomorrow (April 28), the first bonus MP3 goes up May 12, second bonus MP3 goes up June 2, and you get the album, the bonus live vinyl LP and the limited-edition poster on release date, June 9 (or June 8 for those of you in Europe).

greedrex 04.30.2009 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lol
^^

LAWLZFTMFW

Moshe 04.30.2009 09:12 AM

deleted.

Bal 05.03.2009 11:26 AM

ok so i deffinetly want one but postage costs as much as the record itself..
what should i do??
is it worth 45 euros? man thats a lots of money for 2 records

Thin_icE 05.05.2009 05:31 AM

Does anybody know the deadline for the BEGN? Unfortunately I've had a currency shortcoming and I still haven't been able to preorder it :\

Bal 05.05.2009 06:58 AM

yeah id like to know that too
i deff want to have that double live lp but its just too damn fuckin expensive (w/shipping to hungary)

atsonicpark 05.05.2009 08:36 AM

After about 6 listens, I think every song on the Eternal is great. The second half of the album is SO MUCH better than the first half...

negative8ball 05.05.2009 09:38 AM

I pre-ordered at my local Record Store (an option if you have a local indie to save shipping) and they said they thought the pre-order was ending soonish... but, if I remember correctly, the Pavement pre-order was available until ALMOST the actual release date... you basically have until they run out of time on pressing the pre-order bonus LP... though with Pavement, they obviously pressed some extras (as it was available for Record Store Day).

DaveMartin 05.05.2009 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by negative8ball
I pre-ordered at my local Record Store (an option if you have a local indie to save shipping) and they said they thought the pre-order was ending soonish... but, if I remember correctly, the Pavement pre-order was available until ALMOST the actual release date... you basically have until they run out of time on pressing the pre-order bonus LP... though with Pavement, they obviously pressed some extras (as it was available for Record Store Day).

Buy Early Get Now will be available until we run out of LPs. We'll make an announcement when that time comes. Also, the Pavement BEGN Live LP is an entirely different Live LP from the Record Store Day Exclusive (very similar covers though.)

greedrex 05.05.2009 10:40 AM

hey dOOdz, when will they ship this shit? On release date? Anybody has some INSIDE INFO?

DaveMartin 05.05.2009 11:30 AM

We're aiming on having everything shipped a bit before street date so that it shows up before or on June 9th.

greedrex 05.05.2009 11:36 AM

^clever!
mysterious!

so, no buy early get late this time?
he he

thx for the prompt answer.
Pretty handy to have the bunch of you creeping around this forum ha ha

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 05.05.2009 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveMartin
We're aiming on having everything shipped a bit before street date so that it shows up before or on June 9th.

:D

good news

evol 05.06.2009 04:10 AM

Hey Sergi,

did you get your letter?

The album is great by the way;-)