Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Is Trump really a serious contender for the Republican nomination? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=113183)

Toilet & Bowels 08.31.2017 08:44 AM

Do you guys like Nina Turner?

ilduclo 08.31.2017 04:43 PM

I suppose Halliburton and a bunch of other sleazes are lined up at the hurricane relief scam trough. Shock Doctrine, indeedy

http://content.time.com/time/arts/ar...666221,00.html

tesla69 09.01.2017 04:19 PM

Is Trump being held under house arrest by the military? Has there already been a coup?

http://investmentwatchblog.com/break...n-turned-away/

“Exactly, so I’d heard from people that Trump is on house arrest,” replied Mike Cernovich, “I thought ‘oh c’mon, the President of the United States, that’s the weirdest thing I’ve ever heard’, but I kept digging into it and I kept hearing the same thing over and over again and then, of course, John Bolton wrote his column for National Review and he’s begging people to retweet it, he said ‘this is the only way the President is gonna see it,’ and I’ll say Alex, I don’t really understand, how can Trump not see who he wants to see? This is something I don’t really fully comprehend within the White House. I have talked to a lot of people, it’s a very weird situation.”

!@#$%! 09.01.2017 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tesla69
Is Trump being held under house arrest by the military? Has there already been a coup?

“Exactly, so I’d heard from people that Trump is on house arrest,” replied Mike Cernovich, “I thought ‘oh c’mon, the President of the United States, that’s the weirdest thing I’ve ever heard’, but I kept digging into it and I kept hearing the same thing over and over again and then, of course, John Bolton wrote his column for National Review and he’s begging people to retweet it, he said ‘this is the only way the President is gonna see it,’ and I’ll say Alex, I don’t really understand, how can Trump not see who he wants to see? This is something I don’t really fully comprehend within the White House. I have talked to a lot of people, it’s a very weird situation.”

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

HI PUTIN!!

The Soup Nazi 09.01.2017 04:59 PM

Quote:

ilduclo 09.01.2017 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
Do you guys like Nina Turner?

Tina!!

Severian 09.01.2017 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi

You know I'm loving this, right?

The Soup Nazi 09.01.2017 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Severian
You know I'm loving this, right?

I thought you might. :D

tesla69 09.04.2017 07:44 PM

The United States is considering, in addition to other options, stopping all trade with any country doing business with North Korea.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 3, 2017

!@#$%! 09.04.2017 07:51 PM

Quote:

The United States is considering, in addition to other options, stopping all trade with any country doing business with North Korea.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 3, 2017

where is he gonna get his baseball caps from?

ilduclo 09.05.2017 11:15 AM

Severian 09.05.2017 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilduclo

Motherfuck ass fuckers. I can't even laugh at the jokes anymore. The photoshopped memes. They make it seem as if what's really happening is just some farce to be clucked at and dismissed. Goddammit. Fuck fuck fuck.

ilduclo 09.05.2017 12:35 PM

^ I think the humor is entirely necessary. At least it is for me and those I hang around with...

evollove 09.05.2017 12:51 PM

Okay, another bad day for America.

But T-Dog still isn't using a private server.

So I'm sleeping easy.

Severian 09.05.2017 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilduclo
^ I think the humor is entirely necessary. At least it is for me and those I hang around with...

I'm trying to wrap my head around the "antifa" thing (if anyone knows what, precisely, this word refers to, let me know, because it's being used as a catch-all for "protestor" ... not even "violent protestor," but just anyone in the streets yelling, and it's not actually an organized group with bylaws and membership requirements and a mission statement, so I think we're being spun like crazy on both sides of the issue), and the militarized police force pushes, and DACA, and I can no longer bring myself to laugh. Is he stupid and ridiculous and worthy of ridicule? Yes. But I just feel desperate, impotent anger when I see his fat stupid face (WHOSE FACE LOOKS LIKE THAT?! IT'S LIKE GOD WANTED US TO HATE HIM! WHO LOVED THIS GUY?!) ... I don't feel the desire to laugh.

Severian 09.05.2017 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evollove
Okay, another bad day for America.

But T-Dog still isn't using a private server.

So I'm sleeping easy.

See, I want to laugh, but it just makes me seethe with anger instead when I think about any of the absurd goddamn decisions that our moron masses have made to bring us here. God FUCKING FUCK!

evollove 09.05.2017 06:55 PM

If you got more involved, your anger would be productive and not so unhealthy, so seethe-y.

Sounds obvious when I type it out. Still, you could bear to read it, it seems.

Don't blame your job for lack of involvement. Want to get involved? Easy. Fund my travel to the next protest in DC. It's an idea which solves a few problems at once.

Severian 09.05.2017 09:17 PM

Quote:

If you got more involved, your anger would be productive and not so unhealthy, so seethe-y.

Don't blame your job for lack of involvement. Want to get involved? Easy. Fund my travel to the next protest in DC. It's an idea which solves a few problems at once.

I'm actually getting involved through my job, but that's all I'm going to say about that. I've donated to ACLU and Southern Poverty. I've signed petitions. I've engaged in hours and hours of discourse with Trump supporters trying to understand and reason with them, and hear what they have to say, and understand. I've spent hours trying to convince my "we're still punk cause our parents are millionaires" friends not to fuck with statues or punch people or bring clubs to protests.

I'm pretty involved. Compared to the people I work with, I'm Malcolm Fucking X.

Not saying I couldn't more, but again, I'm finding roads to that through work. So... shut up. :D

Severian 09.05.2017 09:18 PM

Quote:

I'd like to fund my own not-die-of-starvation campaign thank you very much.

evollove 09.06.2017 06:31 AM