Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   ATP Don't Look Back Daydream Nation (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=10668)

raging_nelly 03.13.2007 04:19 PM

Oi, sell... then use the money to see em at Primerva...

sorted...

im sure it wouldnt cost 400 either... so profit would be made and everyones a winner

demonrail666 03.13.2007 04:19 PM

I've not got tickets but can't say I'm a big fan of the whole DLB idea anyway. If people are looking to pay over a hundred pounds a ticket, that seems like a good deal from a seller's point of view.

Shipper 03.14.2007 08:45 PM

I'm tempted to go see one of the camden shows, but none of my mates are into Sonic Youth, so it'd mean a trip to the other end of the country and an overnight stay on my own. Bah. Hopefully they'll play the Leeds Festival 'cause I'll probably be there anyways.

GrungeMonkey 03.15.2007 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shipper
I'm tempted to go see one of the camden shows, but none of my mates are into Sonic Youth, so it'd mean a trip to the other end of the country and an overnight stay on my own. Bah. Hopefully they'll play the Leeds Festival 'cause I'll probably be there anyways.

You'd be paying a lot now that its sold out... It would be worth it though:)

greenlight 03.15.2007 05:47 PM

what is the taping policy in roundhouse? does anyone know?

evol 03.15.2007 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shipper

Hi!

Here there is people coming from Texas, Slovakia, Spain... we all think it is well worth it!!

Come on!!

_slavo_ 03.16.2007 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evol
Hi!

Here there is people coming from Texas, Slovakia, Spain... we all think it is well worth it!!

Come on!!

Word!

pokkeherrie 03.16.2007 10:28 AM

tickets for a 3rd show at the Roundhouse in London have just gone on sale a few minutes ago!
http://www.roundhouse.org.uk/whats-o...on=performance

(thanks to EvdWee for the tip)

nicfit 03.16.2007 10:32 AM

this is insane. everyone in the world wants to go back to 88-89 :)

pokkeherrie 03.16.2007 10:36 AM

it is insane... they'll start playing at classic rock festivals soon!

sonicl 03.16.2007 10:38 AM

That's what is starting to worry me.

nicfit 03.16.2007 10:43 AM

Honestly I think this "thing" would have been much more "special" with jsut a few selected gigs around the world (Verona's arena, please, thanks...c'mon, even fu*kin' MUSE will play there...)...but on the other hand i appreciate the fact that more people will have the chance to see them performing DDN.

sonicl 03.16.2007 10:46 AM

Maybe their pension funds need boosting a little. The stock markets have been rather poor-performing of late.

pokkeherrie 03.16.2007 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicfit
Honestly I think this "thing" would have been much more "special" with jsut a few selected gigs around the world (Verona's arena, please, thanks...c'mon, even fu*kin' MUSE will play there...)...but on the other hand i appreciate the fact that more people will have the chance to see them performing DDN.

i agree with that... and personally there's another factor for me as well.

on the one hand, the more DDN gigs in London, the more it justifies making the trip. on the other hand, none of us know what daydream nation anno 2007 is going to be like yet. i surely hope it's going to live up to everyone's expectations.... and the expectations are really high considering the amount of talk on this board and the little time it takes for these gigs to sell out.

pokkeherrie 03.16.2007 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicl
Maybe their pension funds need boosting a little. The stock markets have been rather poor-performing of late.

The US housing market is in a serious crisis I hear.

sonicl 03.16.2007 10:53 AM

I had been going off the idea of the concerts, and then I happened to read the lyrics to Hey Joni, imagined Lee singing it, and now I'm excited again.

But the number of these concerts being announced is taking the gloss off things a bit. I had thought that the whole point of these things was that they're an event.

(A second thought - Maybe they'll recreate the whole event from the first time around, and I'll get to see Rapeman again!)

nicfit 03.16.2007 10:57 AM

Heh, speaking of lee singing... do you guys think he'll mess up a bit the lyrics to his songs? :) :)

pokkeherrie 03.16.2007 10:58 AM

I think it's good that they're going to bring it to as many people as possible. I'm just not sure if I myself should be going to so many.

sarramkrop 03.16.2007 10:59 AM

I'm not sure if i want to go anymore.While it would be good on one hand, the other, more sceptical hand is getting bigger and bigger.I don't want to think of the Pixies (who were rubbish live even first time round) but i'm seriously questioning if this has got a point beside pleasing the fans in some way.

jennthebenn 03.16.2007 11:00 AM

i want to see 3 of them.

bringing my sy show total to 40.

i love attainable goals.