Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Ever been tempted to turn your back on everything and live on a caravan site? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=40632)

ann ashtray 07.26.2010 10:40 AM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to SONIC GAIL again.

terriblecanyons 07.26.2010 10:41 AM

caravan site? no.
but I am going to leave the country, soon enough.

hevusa 07.26.2010 11:01 AM

yes... but I have my own farm/greenhouse.

!@#$%! 07.26.2010 11:43 AM

i have a hovel in the mountains and i just spent a week there

there's access to one of these too that sees occasional use. i once spent a winter there on a weird campout.

it's not that model, it's actually a little bigger

it's nice & all and i enjoy spacing out looking at the empty sky but i looooove to be in a city more than anything else

demoņo, wanna trade places? i wouldn't mind a london apartment for a bit. you can live out your fantasies in the middle of nowhere and i can rob your english bookstores.

vs

eh????

chicka 07.26.2010 11:56 AM

Well the trick is not to marry until you feel you've sown your wild oats. I didn't marry until I was thirty. I got divorced at fifty so my kids were pretty much grown up or at least old enough that it didn't fuck them up and now I have a second childhood. :) Certainly there are some regrets but for the most part I've enjoyed and I am still enjoying my life.....

demonrail666 07.26.2010 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!

demoņo, wanna trade places? i wouldn't mind a london apartment for a bit. you can live out your fantasies in the middle of nowhere and i can rob your english bookstores.

If you're willing to wait until after xmas, yes. srsly

!@#$%! 07.26.2010 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
If you're willing to wait until after xmas, yes. srsly

in winter the snow will bury everything, but to you it might feel outright balmy

though you'll need 4WD to get up there

it's actually sunny most of the year in new mexico-- even when it's cold as fuck

and by sunny i mean "there is no atmosphere, and the UV rays will scorch the enamel off your teeth"

RanaldoNecro 07.26.2010 06:02 PM

there is nothing wrong with it. It just means you value things other than property or maintenance...

space 07.28.2010 12:55 AM

I would like to testify that sometimes following a dream can turn out to be better than anything you ever imagined.

manifest greatness.

terminal pharmacy 07.28.2010 12:57 AM

yeah but i wouldn't live on a fucking caravan reservation

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 07.28.2010 12:28 PM

"this town, don't feel right, I'm fast to.. get away.. far.. I don't care where just far.."

ann ashtray 07.28.2010 12:55 PM

You + those Deftones lyrics....

I gotta say it, I must say it...my fav. thing about Deftones was always Chino's lyrics, if only 'cause I seldom could make any sense of them.

"...god is moving his tongue".

god is talking? I don't know man waht the fuck I'm drunk.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 07.28.2010 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ann ashtray
You + those Deftones lyrics....

I gotta say it, I must say it...my fav. thing about Deftones was always Chino's lyrics, if only 'cause I seldom could make any sense of them.

"...god is moving his tongue".

I have already mentioned that Chino is one of the best lyricists and I got a lot of static for it, but I stand by that statement.

shit is potent.

cryptowonderdruginvogue 07.29.2010 02:00 PM

No.
Never.

!@#$%! 07.29.2010 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terminal pharmacy
yeah but i wouldn't live on a fucking caravan reservation

^^ THIS +++

Quote:

Originally Posted by cryptowonderdruginvogue
No.