Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Fucked Up Diss Sonic Youth (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=37637)

chicka 01.24.2010 10:50 AM

Me thinks if he had hand picked the set list himself he'd have still been whinning cause Kim didn't smile his way and the band didn't acknowledge him. What a girly-man...

Toilet & Bowels 01.24.2010 01:57 PM

sonic youth are such big heads nowadays, it's about time someone dissed them.

Keeping It Simple 01.24.2010 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
sonic youth are such big heads nowadays, it's about time someone dissed them.

No they're not.

Tundra 01.26.2010 06:01 AM

I think most of the people take it way too seriously, I don't see any hate involved. People don't have any sense of humour nor irony when it comes to themselves or their favourite band or whatever. Sure, Sonic Youth are probably my favourite band and I totally love their music but don't you guys recognize a template for an ATP-indie-hipster-art school-nerd from the lyrics? And don't you think that Sonic Youth is somewhat a band that you are supposed-to-like? I thought the whole 'feud thing' was just hilarious, given the fact that most of the guys of Fucked Up are huge Sonic Youth fans themselves.

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 01.26.2010 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tundra
I think most of the people take it way too seriously, I don't see any hate involved. People don't have any sense of humour nor irony when it comes to themselves or their favourite band or whatever. Sure, Sonic Youth are probably my favourite band and I totally love their music but don't you guys recognize a template for an ATP-indie-hipster-art school-nerd from the lyrics? And don't you think that Sonic Youth is somewhat a band that you are supposed-to-like? I thought the whole 'feud thing' was just hilarious, given the fact that most of the guys of Fucked Up are huge Sonic Youth fans themselves.

Yeah. . .

I don't think Fucked Up is all that bad, they remind me of Volcano Suns/Kustomized.

SONIC GAIL 01.26.2010 12:57 PM

Who is "fucked up"?

Seriously the first time I have even heard of them. Look like a bunch of dipshits to me.

Forensic Scene 01.26.2010 02:49 PM

Does anyone know where I can find this interview source? The article says it's from Soft Focus on VBS.tv but to my knowledge Kim or any of sonic youth have never been on soft focus...

automatic bzooty 01.26.2010 10:53 PM

fucked up are like... hipster hardcore.

kim and thurston did a soft focus interview at ATP i believe but it has yet to be posted.

adjectives-ex 01.27.2010 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SONIC GAIL
Who is "fucked up"?

Seriously the first time I have even heard of them. Look like a bunch of dipshits to me.

Evidence here of how righteously "dudecore" it is to try to make something of your music by reacting negatively towards another media figure.

I'm just going to start stalking famous people with my guitar and when they tell me to stop, I'm going to freak out, go to the press with some whining comment, and write an EP about it.

s.

Clegg 01.28.2010 01:38 PM

who?

dionysusundone 01.29.2010 02:46 AM

I generally like this band but those are some stupid lyrics.

nancykitten 01.30.2010 11:34 PM

I don't think anyone is upset or offended by it. It's more of a tedious and insecure (not to mention unoriginal) attempt to reinforce a stereotype about a massive and varied fanbase, which is just a bore.

Anngella 01.31.2010 01:17 AM

nevermind