Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Does anybody know how to wath BBC2 (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=30787)

Derek 04.28.2009 04:24 PM

Probably not in this episode because it's only 30 minutes long and there's 6 minutes to go. But there is an extended version that's on for more than an hour on friday night... so I expect them to play more tracks then.

Clive 04.28.2009 04:25 PM

Just 2 i reckon, and the 2nd prob won't be shown til Friday... Jools did mention something about a special treat on the internet though.

nancykitten 04.28.2009 04:25 PM

What We Know was fantastic :)

mysonichaircut 04.28.2009 04:27 PM

you need to give your pc an uk-adress, if you want to watch it from germany or elsewhere, and thats possible. and there might be some software which can do it for you, hotspotshield for ex gives you an us-adress, so you can watch us-only streams with that software - maybe there is something for uk to. though - i wouldnt play around with your system but wait till someone will upload it.

nancykitten 04.28.2009 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek
Probably not in this episode because it's only 30 minutes long and there's 6 minutes to go. But there is an extended version that's on for more than an hour on friday night... so I expect them to play more tracks then.

Oh, awesome.

I was about to moan about how shocked I was that we only got one song; wasn't aware this was a truncated version tonight.

Clive 04.28.2009 04:35 PM

Is the Friday night version of Later different to this one? I watch it from time to time and it has a different intro and stuff... Makes me wonder if the entire thing is different, with different performances...

greenlight 04.28.2009 04:39 PM

I will have copy by tomorrow as well. If yes, I no one else I will up it during the weekend.

the ikara cult 04.28.2009 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clive
Is the Friday night version of Later different to this one? I watch it from time to time and it has a different intro and stuff... Makes me wonder if the entire thing is different, with different performances...

yeah friday night is an hour or so, most of which is entirely worthless.
im sure some soul will stick it up on youtube eventually

Danny Himself 04.28.2009 04:54 PM

That's the first time I've seen the band do a Lee song on TV..?

Sucked though

screamingskull 04.28.2009 04:55 PM

sure did.

This Is Not Here 04.28.2009 05:00 PM

Thurston told me (yes, shamless brag about speaking to him last night) that the Friday night show IS different to the tuesday one, with (taped) different songs from all on the program.

screamingskull 04.28.2009 05:02 PM

so it's not live? Jools said it was live. He's a massive tool and a liar?

Diesel 04.28.2009 05:21 PM

There will probably be another song played on friday along with what we know, thats it. Normally the band who are on last get to play 3 songs and that band was depeche mode who were by the way, embarrassingly fucking terrible, luckily for sy.

whorefrost 04.28.2009 05:52 PM

I thought that was pretty exhilirating. Cannae wait for more on Friday...

Alan ciccone 04.28.2009 06:32 PM

why did this only get announced today? I was out drinking but would have came home early to watch. i remember stopping band practice one night to watch them perform unmade bed on leno

Danny Himself 04.28.2009 06:34 PM

You didn't miss anything spectacular, it'll be on youtube soon anyway.

This Is Not Here 04.28.2009 07:05 PM

Okay UK boardies, the show is on the i player NOW. Watching it myself now, So far, I hate Depeche Mode more than words can express, Lilly Allen; regurgitating the classic female-singer-sings-about-sex-and-noooowwwwty-stuff formula thats been so hidiously sucessful these past few years, and Andrew Marr..................dining alone. (I never thought I'd see Andrew Marr at a Sonic Youth performance, jeessus)

This Is Not Here 04.28.2009 07:21 PM

Everyone in that studio needs a lesson on Russian politics apart from Andrew "PUNKROCK" Marr

badgercorn 04.28.2009 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by This Is Not Here
Everyone in that studio needs a lesson on Russian politics apart from Andrew "PUNKROCK" Marr

That was pretty embarrassing. Lily Allen didn't do herself any favours. Didn't expect a Lee song though..

This Is Not Here 04.28.2009 07:43 PM

Ha ha, I just can't get over the Andrew Marr appearance on this, it was sublimely cringe-worthy. I've heard some anecdotes go balls-up in my time, but this is something else. Not only did he say he was too dedicated to Lilly Allen to go interview the Russian President, but Jools thought he was going too and ended up asking Allen for questions to THE WRONG BLOODY PERSON. Ha ha, delightful mess!