Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What the fuck happened? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=3991)

porkmarras 07.10.2006 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porkmarras
Hey did you just say that?

Sorry i couln't help myself.

porkmarras 07.10.2006 01:45 PM

Quote:

Sorry i couln't help myself.

Shame on you.Now,grab my cock!

porkmarras 07.10.2006 01:45 PM

Quote:

Shame on you.Now,grab my cock!

Oh no!I can't do that!

porkmarras 07.10.2006 01:47 PM

Quote:

Oh no!I can't do that!

Yes you can.Here,go on.

Glice 07.10.2006 01:47 PM

Quote:

Tell us something new Glice.

Ooh, get her.

New: I'm rediscovering Kevin Drumm and the Sea Ensemble, both of whom I didn't really like.

Also, I need to buy a nice portable recording device for the drones and hums and clicks of my new office, which has some lovely sounds in it.

porkmarras 07.10.2006 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glice
Ooh, get her.

New: I'm rediscovering Kevin Drumm and the Sea Ensemble, both of whom I didn't really like.

Also, I need to buy a nice portable recording device for the drones and hums and clicks of my new office, which has some lovely sounds in it.

Do you like Keith Rowe by any chance?

Glice 07.10.2006 01:49 PM

Quote:

Do you like Keith Rowe by any chance?

Yeah, muchly. AMM III has some of my favourite guitaring on outside of a 'proper' guitar hero album. Did you get the solo Sound323 3" CD he did? That was my first introduction. I was surprised that you could do that with a guitar.

porkmarras 07.10.2006 01:52 PM

Quote:

Yeah, muchly. AMM III has some of my favourite guitaring on outside of a 'proper' guitar hero album. Did you get the solo Sound323 3" CD he did? That was my first introduction. I was surprised that you could do that with a guitar.

Now,as i'm getting senile before my time,i think that's the one of his that i have but something tells me that i might be wron 'cause it's a collaboration with some other chap.Excellent nonetheless.I might up it if arse can be arsed.

!@#$%! 07.10.2006 01:53 PM

Quote:

hm, thanks. i'll add to my purchase list. so stockhausen's argument is kinda like our "novels vs comic books" discussion thread? ha ha hah. oh i'm in trouble now.

Glice 07.10.2006 01:54 PM

Would it be appreciated? Somehow I doubt it.

Keith Rowe: 29 October 2001. It's a solo one. I'm going to listen to it again now. Stick that in your 'Couldn't care less' pipe and care less about it.

Glice 07.10.2006 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
hm, thanks. i'll add to my purchase list. so stockhausen's argument is kinda like our "novels vs comic books" discussion thread? ha ha hah. oh i'm in trouble now.

Mmm. Very close. The problem is that if you come from the post-Schoenberg school, you're bound to have an iffy relationship with repitition. It's not really a difficult argument as far as I'm concerned - Aphex is good but not musically sophisticated. If you privelege sophistication as the most important tenet of music, then Aphex = bad, Stockhausen = good. It's all nonsense, but not as much nonsense as the vapid rhetoric thrown at Aphex.

And comics are for spackers.

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 07.10.2006 02:00 PM

Beige is the new black!