Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sonic Youth Events (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=59)

krastian 03.22.2006 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chabib
i'll make it happen for a reach-around and a sloppy blowjob.

Now you guys are talking my language.

sonicl 03.22.2006 04:27 AM

That's a tough one, but I reckon I'd get more excited about a live recordings boxset, 'cos I'm a shameless nostalgic.

Richard Pryor on Fire 03.22.2006 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habibtheantiamericanbitch
oooooh please!!!! another festival!!! i only want to see SY play for 30min. and Chris Habib has to be there to film it. and they have to play Bull in the Heather AND Kool Thing or i will burn all their records!

I don't think you have to worry about them not playing "Bull in the Heather" or "Kool Thing" they get played pretty much everytime I see them.

fishmonkey 03.22.2006 05:27 AM

good poll ther hip priest, i opted for the new record cuz i know that Sonic's are the hardest working band on the planet and that a tour will naturally come if they bring out a new album...

toxic johnny 03.22.2006 05:30 AM

This is too difficult... I want them all.
Well I could do without the festival appearance... unless it was a small and interesting one... like ATP for example.

Hip Priest 03.22.2006 08:21 AM

Nice to see a fcouple of others share my fascination with the SYR series.

I'ts great to think that all of these might happen this year.

toxic johnny 03.22.2006 08:33 AM

Another SYR this year would be amazing... and perhaps too much to ask for, what with all of the re-issues and the new studio release.

I regard the SYR series to be just as, if not more, important than the Geffen releases... I think I'm in a minority here.

Hip Priest 03.22.2006 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toxic johnny
Another SYR this year would be amazing... and perhaps too much to ask for, what with all of the re-issues and the new studio release.

Well, some of the SYR are recording out takes etc, aren't they? So no reason why not. They must have tons of noise jams etc recorded. And a noise-based SYR would compliment the new LP's rock mentality nicely.

Quote:

Originally Posted by toxic johnny
I regard the SYR series to be just as, if not more, important than the Geffen releases... I think I'm in a minority here.

Absolutely. It's a fascinating part of the group's canon in my opinion.

Inhuman 03.22.2006 09:37 AM

It was hard to choose between Tour and LP. And SYR was pretty close too. I'm glad they're touring part of Canada, I'd love to see them live for the first time.

Hip Priest 08.07.2006 05:02 PM

Well, we got an LP, festival appearances and a tour. Not bad. Let's hope that there's a new SYR soon.

nomadicfollower 08.07.2006 05:06 PM

Damn, I obviously missed this.
Box set of live recordings, though I would prefer them to be videos.