Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Placebo (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=750)

Pablitzen 04.13.2006 12:05 PM

they first 3 albums are pretty good...but Sleeping with Ghosts and Meds are not so good...

samuel 04.13.2006 12:15 PM

Meds is growing on me now. I still like their earlier stuff better. In their documentary on the DVD they released with Meds, the band said that with this album they could finally be themselves. I was somewhat surprised when they said that because it sounds like they're trying too hard on Meds. I don't know. I think their self-titled, Without You I'm Nothing, and Black Market Music seemed to be more true (for a lack of a better word)...

Amaranth 04.14.2006 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
i met the singer dude once.

he was cool enough to sign me something for a friend but he clearly thinks he's lindsay lohan or something like that

hahaha, he thinks hes linsay lohan. well, could be worse, maybe.

i liked their first album very much. it suited my moods and just was very fitting with my feelings at the time. but after that i lost interest and heard a few songs here and there on a mix cd a friend of mine made that were pretty good, but i just wasn't "into" them like i was before.

samantha. 04.15.2006 02:25 AM

I like their earlier stuff more than their recent material. I started listening to Meds the other day, but I gave up halfway through. It just didn't sustain my attention.

PunkerViolence 04.15.2006 05:44 AM

Nobody comments on Black Market Music....why not - thats their best record. That album has so much nostalgia for me...so i love it.

Pablitzen 04.15.2006 03:49 PM

i really like the sound of the drums on this new album

Die Braut 09.08.2006 01:11 PM

I like Without you I'm Nothing the most. And I don't really like Sleeping with ghosts and black market music for some reasons... Meds is ok.

alteredcourse 09.08.2006 02:56 PM

Yeah Brian Molko wouldnt give me the time of day when i met him . not surprising . And he was still hot .

I only knew one girl who liked them in high school , my best friend , and at the time though them as "O K" .
For some reason last winter i burned a nice comp for myself and ended up playing it relentlessly .

The actual song Meds is great . but then the album sort of drops off into filler until oooo id say maybe track 7 (because i want you) , song 8 isnt very good, then the rest is ok .

im just looking forward to seeing them live in seattle at my favorite venue , even if theyre co-headlining with a band i hate , and despite hearing that they just arent really givin it anymore live.. .

Inhuman 09.08.2006 02:56 PM

I don't like them, although I can nearly sing a placebo song perfectly with the voice and everything.

tw2113 09.08.2006 04:13 PM

self titled is the best album. I still have most of the albums downloaded though

Style 09.08.2006 04:29 PM

I like "Without You I'm Nothing". I haven't really heard anything they did before or after.

Norma J 09.09.2006 06:07 PM

They've got some memorable songs, but over all they are boring to me. They haven't evolved, and if people claim they have, it's not very much.

Cardinal Rob 09.09.2006 06:15 PM

I actually only really get into their hits.