Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What TV are you watching (live, dvd, etc.)? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=40798)

Count Mecha 05.29.2013 03:15 PM

Haha sure, I'm ungrateful and whiny. Sorry that I like to see Lucille for more than fifteen seconds in an episode.

I said I liked it after all, I'm glad we got whatever we got. All I said was the single POV idea was stupid, which it is. I just think it takes away what made the show its best. But yeah, I'll acknowledge scheduling conflicts or whatever you want to justify it.

Bytor Peltor 05.30.2013 12:02 PM

Documentary on Joy Division that has been airing on the Sundance Channel this month: http://www.sundancechannel.com/films/joy-division

!@#$%! 05.30.2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Mecha
I like Lindsay too, but no way is she a strong enough character to carry an entire episode by herself.

funny you say that, the lindsay episode was one of my favorites

louder 05.31.2013 08:59 AM

Twin Peaks pilot episode (basically a movie)

Bob is beyond demonic, STILL scares the living shit outta me.

pony 05.31.2013 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evollove
New ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT

same

EVOLghost 06.02.2013 04:04 PM

Nichijou.

!@#$%! 06.02.2013 06:26 PM

Archer season 3

Bytor Peltor 06.03.2013 04:46 PM

I've never seen one episode of, Game Of Thrones, but this says a lot about what happened last night: http://youtu.be/78juOpTM3tE

evollove 06.03.2013 04:46 PM

Anyone finish Arrested Development yet?

!@#$%! 06.03.2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Anyone finish Arrested Development yet?

YES. I WANT MORE.

evollove 06.03.2013 05:48 PM

^

Yeah, which kinda annoyed me.

I can only hope the ink is dry on the contracts for Season 5 or a movie. Otherwise, if that's the last AD ever, I'm a little miffed.

!@#$%! 06.03.2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

^

Yeah, which kinda annoyed me.

I can only hope the ink is dry on the contracts for Season 5 or a movie. Otherwise, if that's the last AD ever, I'm a little miffed.

oh, you mean how it ended? "in the next..."

well shit yeah now it's time for george maharis!

EVOLghost 06.03.2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
Nichijou.

This shit is fucking hilarious.

Toilet & Bowels 06.04.2013 03:48 AM

re last episode of Game of Thrones - good riddance to bad rubbish, those characters had all become boring!

Rob Instigator 06.04.2013 08:16 AM

6 eps into Arrested Development and it is not funny. well, not as funny. It has maybe 20% of the laughs the old version had. need to watch the rest to see if it catches up but i can already see what's coming in much of the hidden plot lines.

LifeDistortion 06.04.2013 05:51 PM

The funniest thing about the last episode of "Game of Thrones" are the people who are angry with the writers of the show, like they aren't aware that the series are based on books, and that they are for the most part following the events of the books. That said there are just as many articles online about the books and what they do to popular characters. Yet there is something very funny about someone posting "I can't believe the writers did that, I'm never watching this show again! There is even a twitter account called Redweddingtears, that just reposts other people's twitter posts about being upset about last Sunday's episode.

Rob Instigator 06.05.2013 07:52 AM

Ha! From the beheading of Ned Stark it should have been plain as day to anyone following the TV GoT that no central characters are safe from KILLINS

Trama 06.05.2013 12:36 PM

It's a shame they cancelled this, she looks stunning on that overcoat.

LifeDistortion 06.05.2013 10:27 PM

Today I finished "The Wire" season 4. With one more season left I'll say I think season 3 has been my favorite so far. I love how the show really makes you feel sympathy for the part of society we often don't feel sympathy for. From Bubbles to Omar. No spoilers for season 5, haven't started it yet.

evollove 08.07.2013 09:17 AM

Last night I wanted to watch some MR SHOW episodes, which I haven't seen in awhile. Couldn't find my DVDs anywhere. Perhaps I lent them out and never got them back.

So I downloaded them.

Woke up this morning to my very first copyright infringement notice. Had to click on a button saying I understand I'm a bad person before I could get online.

I guess after a TB or more of illegal downloading, I deserve it. But what's funny is: 1.) I did at one point buy the thing, 2.) From what I understand from a few Bob Odenkirk interviews, the guys themselves make diddly on DVD sales. I take this to mean that if anyone's going to be doing the ripping off, it'll be HBO.