Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Kim Gordon and Thurston Moore Announce Split (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=60443)

Genteel Death 11.02.2011 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the ikara cult
Lets be honest, talent means more than effort.

You should tell me about that. Stereophonics/Manic Street Preachers fan who's trying hard to overcome his shame by enthusing about Ashtray Navigations, The Shadow Ring and anything that doesn't fit into NME cool. I praise the effort. It is a talent in the making.

the ikara cult 11.02.2011 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genteel Death
You should tell me about that. Stereophonics/Manic Street Preachers fan who's trying hard to overcome his shame by enthusing about Ashtray Navigations, The Shadow Ring and anything that doesn't fit into NME cool. I praise the effort. It is a talent in the making.

youve got me, im only talking about them so i can communicate with you. Thats why im always posting my music on this board, just like you

Genteel Death 11.02.2011 07:04 PM

Quote:

youve got me, im only talking about them so i can communicate with you. Thats why im always posting my music on this board, just like you

I don't have issues with loyalty, nevermind posting one's music on a messageboard every now and then. You can't move because of all the threads I start about my artistic endeavours. I'll notify the moderators that they should all be removed. Sorry.

the ikara cult 11.02.2011 07:09 PM

Quote:

I don't have issues with loyalty, nevermind posting one's music on a messageboard every now and then. You can't move because of all the threads I start about my artistic endeavours. I'll notify the moderators that they should all be removed. Sorry.

have i done something to upset you porky? Cos i dont think i have

Genteel Death 11.02.2011 07:11 PM

Quote:

have i done something to upset you porky? Cos i dont think i have

Apart from acting like a cunt? No.

the ikara cult 11.02.2011 07:17 PM

Quote:

Apart from acting like a cunt? No.

was it saying i was listening to the Stereophonics thats made you drop your knickers?

I dunno about the circles you run in, but i know alot of close friends who like the Stereophonics, and they know that i listen to weird stuff... so that facebook status was meant for them rather than you...

Genteel Death 11.02.2011 07:22 PM

what fb status? i think i still have that record on promo cassette somewhere. in the 1960s we used to listen to the stereophonics on promos. beat that.

the ikara cult 11.02.2011 07:29 PM

Quote:

what fb status? i think i still have that record on promo cassette somewhere. in the 1960s we used to listen to the stereophonics on promos. beat that.

What a penis you are being

The first Stereophonics album has a garage band charm, i think it engages the same style and subjects as Husker Du's most important albums do, and i think it led the way for the Arctic Monkeys as well.

Genteel Death 11.02.2011 07:34 PM

Quote:

What a penis you are being

The first Stereophonics album has a garage band charm, i think it engages the same style and subjects as Husker Du's most important albums do, and i think it led the way for the Arctic Monkeys as well.

Whatever.
You are proving my point that you are insecure about your listening habits. which is amusing more than anything. Believe it or not, I do have that record on promo cassette.

the ikara cult 11.02.2011 07:36 PM

im sure you do
why do you think i talk about Ash Nav and The Shadow Ring then?

Genteel Death 11.02.2011 07:41 PM

it's the way you talk about them that makes me wonder. but carry on, as i am no deterrent to anyhting you feel like doing on the internet or anywhere else.

also, you remind me a lot of this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7u0WB...eature=related

the ikara cult 11.02.2011 07:45 PM

Quote:

it's the way you talk about them that makes me wonder. but carry on, as i am no deterrent to anyhting you feel like doing on the internet or anywhere else.

also, you remind me a lot of this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7u0WB...eature=related

its true, saying i like ashtray navigations and the shadow ring on the internet is going to make all my friends think im the coolest motherfucker around

so youve solved that conundrum, which other mysteries are you lining up?

Genteel Death 11.02.2011 07:48 PM

Quote:

its true, saying i like ashtray navigations and the shadow ring on the internet is going to make all my friends think im the coolest motherfucker around

so youve solved that conundrum, which other mysteries are you lining up?

you don't make friends on the internet? fuck you then, i solved another mistery for you.

the ikara cult 11.02.2011 07:50 PM

Quote:

you don't make friends on the internet? fuck you then, i solved another mistery for you.

mystery is spelt with two Ys

Genteel Death 11.02.2011 07:53 PM

Quote:

mystery is spelt with two Ys

you can do better thon that.

Genteel Death 11.02.2011 07:54 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDyTS...eature=related

noisereductions 11.02.2011 08:21 PM

Quote:

I was just thinking last night how offensive it is to me that Thurston Moore boasts in interviews that he can't play his instrument very well at his age. I work my arse off to support myself and pay the bills, so music isn't something that I have got the time to entertain myself with as much as I would like to. He makes a living out of it, and I genuinely feel he fetisheses playing badly because he's turned into a LUXURY DIY guitar god for fucktards into indie-snob in any corner of the internet. I have proof that he looks down on people who attend his gigs because he made me almost vomit with his stage presence when I've seen him playing an acoustic set last year.

he was really nice when I met him. He gave me ahug.

floatingslowly 11.02.2011 09:23 PM

a hug... sure, that's what they all say, BANDWRECKER.

Rob Instigator 11.02.2011 11:38 PM

Fuck all those shit bands you guys are crying about. Sonic Youth deserves better fans than you. Fucking stereophonics? May as well talk about how groundbreaking Jesus Jones was.

Sonic Death is finally upon us

Thin_icE 11.03.2011 04:33 AM

Seriously, what the fuck? I'm not into Stereophonics, but you guys are making me sick with this trash talk. SY fans can only listen to guys scratching shards of glass and cutting fingernails onstage, besides SY? Fuck you!

Also, about Thurston saying that he can't play the guitar very well, let's face it, there are thousands of guitar players that are light years away in technical terms, but playing in a band is not just about technique, it's talent, composition, among other things.