Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sensational Fix - Book (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=28953)

al shabbray 01.20.2009 12:24 PM

mine and nicfits arrived today. I think I am going to open nicfits first, with my McDonalds-fat-fingers, hrhrhrhr

nicfit 01.20.2009 12:50 PM

thanks!
Don't forget to spill some corrosive soda on every page, please!!

al shabbray 01.20.2009 12:54 PM

already done!
its a nice block right now :)

no no no dont worry, its still in his lovely cellophane-coat

blunderbuss 01.20.2009 12:56 PM

Don't forget use nicfit's copy as a coaster for that glass of red wine you're drinking. I'd hate to think of your coffee table getting marked.

Bal 01.20.2009 01:02 PM

want!

stu666 01.21.2009 06:55 PM

al shabbray, have you played the vinyl yet?

blunderbuss 01.22.2009 06:19 AM

Mine just arrived. Hurrah!

Sir Paul Skinback obe 01.22.2009 07:56 AM

For those in London

Koenig Books at 80 Charing Cross Road have this in stock I just bought mine £58.

I dare say The Serpentine Gallery have it in stock also.

tesla69 01.22.2009 04:37 PM

I guess we in the States have to wait for the shipping container to cross the Atlantic and arrive in Newark.

toxic johnny 01.22.2009 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Paul Skinback obe
For those in London

Koenig Books at 80 Charing Cross Road have this in stock I just bought mine £58.

I dare say The Serpentine Gallery have it in stock also.

Thanks for the tip off Sir Paul will duly investigate further...

toxic johnny 01.24.2009 08:04 PM

I now have my grubby hands on a copy... and what a beautiful monster it is. This tome is packed full of information and visuals... and is well worth the money in my opinion. I have always been fascinated/inspired/intrigued by SY's use of the visual image and this book is a total wet dream for someone who has been following their every move since the early 80's. There are also decent length interviews with each member of the band which I can't wait to devour over the next few days.
Steve's 7" side is an excerpt from a sweet Sonic jam (Recorded by Cody Ranaldo), Thurston's side is pure squall and scree, Kim's side is the vocal from the Reverse Karaoke installation, and Lee's side is a stripped down demo of Rats, which is very different from the Rather Ripped incarnation and at this point I think I prefer it.

All I need to do now is see the exhibition!.

Go forth Sonic buddies and spend, SPEND.

radical adult 01.25.2009 05:40 AM

Is there really a german (or french) version out there? I don't think that this would make sense - even kraut as I am I prefer to read the original text... because the specific "sound" of the pieces, interviews ... would get lost in translation.

I bought mine in the deichtorhallen Hamburg.

It's wonderful. The format, the paper, the arrangement. It's nearly perfect. A book, a fetish, an object and an endless spring of sonic information.

Even my wife (I took her some months ago to the sy-concert in wiesbaden) slowly seems to understand my obsession for sy. I mean, even here in Hamburg you can draw lines to the sy-universe (the dan graham-pavillon for an example).

greedrex 01.25.2009 05:42 AM

bah i need this.

nicfit 01.27.2009 10:36 AM

just got mine!!
It does even SMELL good!!

and, woah:

how come nobody mentioned THIS???

Bal 01.27.2009 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicfit
just got mine!!

and, woah:

it means they read the forum! isntit?
anyways. you think ill be able to buy it in munich or in dusseldorf @ sensational fix?

stu666 01.27.2009 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicfit
just got mine!!

and, woah:

is that really in there? i still don't own this so i wouldn't know, i put in an order from the publisher but still haven't had a response about the postage costs.

greedrex 01.27.2009 12:44 PM

give me more random scans so i can REALLy decide to fork out the SSSS.

al shabbray 01.27.2009 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stu666
is that really in there? i still don't own this so i wouldn't know, i put in an order from the publisher but still haven't had a response about the postage costs.

yes it is. I saw it short before Ive read this!

anybody still got the link to that thread?

EvdWee 01.27.2009 01:32 PM

toxic johnny 01.29.2009 07:55 AM

Ha ha I spotted it and forgot to mention it...
Quote:

Originally Posted by EvdWee