Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Denver Show at the Gothic Theatre (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=3341)

poster72 07.03.2006 11:37 PM

matt, this downtown? id love to check it out, but not sure i can make it downtown, gotta go to stinkytown (aka, greeley) for a little while tomorrow

matt g 07.04.2006 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poster72
matt, this downtown? id love to check it out, but not sure i can make it downtown, gotta go to stinkytown (aka, greeley) for a little while tomorrow

yeah it is downtown, between 27th & 28th on Larimer, i have to do the mapqwest thing because i'm not exactly sure where to go, but i think it's near coors field.

thethuthinnang 07.04.2006 07:57 PM

This is my favorite photo that I took:

against_the_grain 07.04.2006 08:06 PM

Very cool thethuthinang !!

That was when Thurston was handing his guitar up to the balcony crowd, ehh !!! I swear I must've been 5 to 10 feet to your left. I was directly under Kim. Nice shot !

thethuthinnang 07.04.2006 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by against_the_grain
Very cool thethuthinang !!

That was when Thurston was handing his guitar up the balcony crowd, ehh !!! I swear I must've been 5 to 10 feet to your left. I was directly under Kim. Nice shot !

yes! check out the video i posted on page 2 if you haven't. great show!

against_the_grain 07.04.2006 08:15 PM

I haven't even tried because the best I get is 26.4 K thru my dialup. It sucks, I'm so used to DSL before I moved out here in the boonies.....How big is the file..and how long would it take to view at this snail pace ?

Some sweet still photos in that other link. Oh and the one of Thurston...the hand silhouette on his back is righteous! I like the ones that look like they're on fire. Here's one of mine...

Not sure how to downsize on this site..so if this is too large....sorry.

against_the_grain 07.06.2006 01:32 PM

I've been going thru my many pics of the show last week...and finding what I thought were crappy pics...playing with them in 'Picture It'...( I don't have photoshop)...and making them better...Hope you're not burnt out at my pic posting...and can enjoy......

Kim and Lee....

krastian 07.06.2006 03:20 PM

Nah man, keep em' coming.

thethuthinnang 07.06.2006 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by against_the_grain
I haven't even tried because the best I get is 26.4 K thru my dialup. It sucks, I'm so used to DSL before I moved out here in the boonies.....How big is the file..and how long would it take to view at this snail pace ?

Probably too long. :(

The lighting was awesome at this show. It allowed everyone to get some decent effects/photos without using flash.

against_the_grain 07.06.2006 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thethuthinnang
Probably too long. :(

The lighting was awesome at this show. It allowed everyone to get some decent effects/photos without using flash.

My connection is SO slow...it times out before stuff can even download. I wish to hell I could view it....

..and I checked out all your thumbnail pics....very nice..

Quote:

Originally Posted by krastian
Nah man, keep em' coming.

I'll do some more later....and thanks...

against_the_grain 07.08.2006 09:20 PM