Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Fantasy Football Euro 2012 (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=78471)

EVOLghost 06.07.2012 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
math teams? nerdy? nooooooo... it can't be!!

Dood, Math teams are NOT nerdy. It was a secret wish of mine back in high school.

demonrail666 06.07.2012 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pokkeherrie
yay, i can't wait for the circus to start tomorrow... although it's a shame that tomorrow's games have zero appeal.

That's the beauty of fantasy football, I suppose: even the most boring game on paper becomes a nail biter once you have players featured in it in your FF team.

I honestly think this could be a great tournament generally, though. Unlike the group stages of the Champions League or the World Cup, there aren't any really easy games for the bigger teams to breeze through.

!@#$%! 06.07.2012 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
Dood, Math teams are NOT nerdy. It was a secret wish of mine back in high school.

so join, man. you watch futbOl, no?

floatingslowly 06.07.2012 10:02 AM

I slowly remove my wizard robe, careful not to disturb the protective wards that are my armor. The dragonsilk falls to the cold stone floor, with a hushed whisper.

Now, naked, and fully_erect, I begin to don my true garments of power: cleated runners and pair of lycra short-shorts, resplendent in the colors of Team Slowly, a garish mockery of fashion in gold, pink and blue, with highly-stylized twenty-sided dice depicted on each ass cheek.

"let's do this!", I roar to the crowd of hundreds, "let's play some SOCCER!!!!!!!"

Spiritual Amnesia 06.07.2012 12:55 PM

dont be scared
Bernd Extra - 3.FC Weltraumpolitik is just me

EVOLghost 06.07.2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

so join, man. you watch futbOl, no?

Not really. I enjoy watching a good match, but I don't normally follow sports.

!@#$%! 06.07.2012 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
Not really. I enjoy watching a good match, but I don't normally follow sports.

it's all statistics and game theory. a long complicated gamble. give it a shot if you can.

you can check the odds & figure out what everyone is worth:

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/...nals/euro-2012

then build your own math-performing machine across time. it's a kind of pari-mutuel system like horse-betting or stocks. read this fun shit.

anyway, speaking of good matches, there are some really good ones coming up this weekend: germany/portugal + spain/italy (no offense to the other teams), then monday we have france/germany, and tuesday (of interest to my gambling scheme) poland/russia; wednesday there's holland/germany (epic), anfd things continue like that until the 19th, then a day of break, then continue... good shit!

and if you have comcast or some other isp that offers espn3, you can watch free. begin here and then click on each day:

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index/_...EFA+EURO+2012/

anyhuevos, maybe you like. it beats watching puebla!

pokkeherrie 06.08.2012 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
That's the beauty of fantasy football, I suppose: even the most boring game on paper becomes a nail biter once you have players featured in it in your FF team.

Actually, I'm somewhat curious about Poland and Russia to see how they will fare. Group A is a funny group. The team with the highest FIFA-ranking in that group (Russia, nr 13) is ranked lower than the lowest ranked team of group B (Portugal, 10). Of course FIFA-rankings are often incomprehensible, but still.

Quote:

Interesting to see Gomez as the top contender for topscorer.
From what I've read he's not even guaranteed to start? I was under the impression that, provided he is fit, Klose is the nr1 striker for Germany (because of his better link-up play)... however, I'm sure the bookmakers know better than I do. Any Germans who can elaborate?

Speaking of topscorers, here's some handy fantasy-info for you: Klaas-Jan Huntelaar will be on the bench for Holland, despite being the top scorer of the Bundesliga and the overall topscorer of the euro qualification campaign (12 goals in 8 games). Van Persie gets the nod (link-up, more versatile). While he's had a great season at Arsenal (also topscorer in the Premier League), his record for Holland isn't anywhere remotely as good as Huntelaar's... and let's not mention his performance in the 2010 world cup. He'll be under great pressure this tournament to deliver the goals this time.

Also, I suppose it's obvious, but don't pick any dutch defenders if you want to collect points.

EVOLghost 06.08.2012 05:03 AM

Quote:

it's all statistics and game theory. a long complicated gamble. give it a shot if you can.

then build your own math-performing machine across time. it's a kind of pari-mutuel system like horse-betting or stocks. read this fun shit.

anyway, speaking of good matches, there are some really good ones coming up this weekend: germany/portugal + spain/italy (no offense to the other teams), then monday we have france/germany, and tuesday (of interest to my gambling scheme) poland/russia; wednesday there's holland/germany (epic), anfd things continue like that until the 19th, then a day of break, then continue... good shit!

and if you have comcast or some other isp that offers espn3, you can watch free. begin here and then click on each day:

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index/_...EFA+EURO+2012/

anyhuevos, maybe you like. it beats watching puebla!

heh....requires quite a bit of research I see.

pokkeherrie 06.08.2012 07:20 AM

OK, I've "auto-completed" a team and if time and work allows me will try and give it some more serious thinking in the next couple of hours.

I'm Michel Twatini, nice to meet you.

SonicBebs 06.08.2012 08:03 AM

van persie will be looking to raise his value for arsenal this tournament. if he has a good one his value could increase massively.

the only reason him and arsenal wouldn't announce he's leaving until after the summer is so that he can go into the euros in really good form. storm it and demand an extra £10million on his fee to Juve

floatingslowly 06.08.2012 08:07 AM

Bad news guys, a report says that 30% of eastern europenor hookers got THE AIDS, and that the Eurosoccer teamguys really like to unf them, so BE CAREFUL THEM GUYS when you make it to Kiev!!!

demonrail666 06.08.2012 10:06 AM

I'm playing it pretty safe this matchweek; spending over the odds on players I'm confident will start before seeing how things stand with the cheaper ones.

!@#$%! 06.08.2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
I'm playing it pretty safe this matchweek; spending over the odds on players I'm confident will start before seeing how things stand with the cheaper ones.

what do you mean, you have leftover money?

!@#$%! 06.08.2012 11:39 AM

fuck me, i was gonna put lewandowski as a striker and didn't. FUCKING DOLT! polanski please don't let me down.

sonic sphere 06.08.2012 01:40 PM

off to a flying start what with my goalie being sent off an all :D

demonrail666 06.08.2012 03:51 PM

I did ok with Lewandowski and Dzagoev. I was really close to picking Szczesny so was a bit lucky there, but I picked the wrong Russia keeper so swings and roundabouts.

!@#$%! 06.09.2012 01:15 PM

fuckit, i don't know who to pick for captain, podolski or kroos

previously i picked polanski and sneijder and they disappointed with 2 miserly points each. owch.

who could do this? hmmmmmmmmmmmm

AYAYAY.

!@#$%! 06.09.2012 01:48 PM

fucking piss, software left me stuck with sneijder, i had picked kroos, shoulda stuck with podolski, I HATE THIS GAME.

the ikara cult 06.09.2012 02:33 PM

Im dying on the vine at the moment.

Serves me right for picking Arsenal Scum like Sejesny and Van Persie.