Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sonic Youth Brussels concert (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=8689)

mrgreen71 12.12.2006 07:51 PM

Pacific Coast Highway and Expressway were amazing !

silverfreepress (sdasher) 12.12.2006 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrgreen71
Pacific Coast Highway and Expressway were amazing !

teenage
reena
incinerate
skip tracer
rapture
what a waste
catholic blk
pch
turquoise boy
rats
jams run free
pink steam

enc1
neutral
100 percent

enc 2
exprssway £
£with corsano trio
and gtrst from Lambs Bread

Jef Mertens 12.13.2006 01:26 AM

Review from Monday's gig 11/12

http://www.goddeau.com/content/view/3000

Yesterday 12/12 was a pretty good gig. Opening with Teenage Riot and then trashing the set with the first song was pretty much a statement to me!
They seemed to have fun at the gig, which I expected as their previous gig might lacked energy due to an absorbing ATP weekend.
Was invited at the afterparty and chatted with Thurston alot, he really should make a gig with Patty Waters and Chris Corsano (handed T. a dvd of Patty Waters I promised him in April). Talked to Chris and Paul Flaherty briefly. Bumped into Paul Labreque just before I left, he asked me to drop by in Den Hague (which I might do if my girlfriend comes along).

Oh and got the third Sweet Release from Thurston, will have a spin of that later today. It was nice to see Thurston wear a white shirt, he looks good in that.

Jef Mertens 12.13.2006 01:26 AM

By my pal Tim Broddin

sy2004 12.13.2006 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jef Mertens
Review from Monday's gig 11/12

http://www.goddeau.com/content/view/3000

Yesterday 12/12 was a pretty good gig. Opening with Teenage Riot and then trashing the set with the first song was pretty much a statement to me!
They seemed to have fun at the gig, which I expected as their previous gig might lacked energy due to an absorbing ATP weekend.
Was invited at the afterparty and chatted with Thurston alot, he really should make a gig with Patty Waters and Chris Corsano (handed T. a dvd of Patty Waters I promised him in April). Talked to Chris and Paul Flaherty briefly. Bumped into Paul Labreque just before I left, he asked me to drop by in Den Hague (which I might do if my girlfriend comes along).

Oh and got the third Sweet Release from Thurston, will have a spin of that later today. It was nice to see Thurston wear a white shirt, he looks good in that.

Review of first gig is complete bull. SY rocked from the first till the last note. Absolutely great.

Jef Mertens 12.13.2006 03:26 AM

I didn't attend the first gig so i can't tell for myself. There was pretty good hollering on the radio about the first gig though.

Ecstatic Peace sweet Release 3: lightbulb, wolf eyes, Magik Markers, Pagoda, Sunburned, Hair police, MV+EE with the Bummer Road, Gown, Jackie, James Jackson Toth, bonus video - Vashti Bashers AND a live cut from a new Thurston song 'The Shape' (the same as the videoclip somwhere else on the board.)

Jef Mertens 12.13.2006 04:00 AM

EP forthcoming

Tokolosh 12.13.2006 04:36 AM

Quote:

Bumped into Paul Labreque just before I left, he asked me to drop by in Den Hague (which I might do if my girlfriend comes along).

Would be cool if you come to the gig in Den Haag on friday. :)
Thanks for the news.

king_buzzo 12.13.2006 05:15 AM

Quote:

By my pal Tim Broddin

nice! that was brusells?

Sunny Sixkiller 12.13.2006 05:17 AM

Some comments about yesterday's gig: I didn't really like the opening acts and after the opening acts had finished it took a really really long time for Sonic Youth to start, but the Sonic Youth show was amazing!!!

Jef Mertens 12.13.2006 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by king_buzzo
nice! that was brusells?

Yep. First time at de Hallen Van Schaarbeek, nice venue. They hadn't played here since 87 according to Thurston.

Jef Mertens 12.13.2006 05:39 AM

Pix from SY and Bardo Pond here
all by Tim Broddin

king_buzzo 12.13.2006 05:41 AM

Quote:

Yep. First time at de Hallen Van Schaarbeek, nice venue. They hadn't played here since 87 according to Thurston.

nice

EvdWee 12.13.2006 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sy2004
Review of first gig is complete bull. SY rocked from the first till the last note. Absolutely great.

nah, not complete bull... but the writer is a little bit too sad... some thing he says are right...

but is was awesome :)

defjamp 12.13.2006 06:24 AM

Quote:

I think you misunderstood. They hadn't been in the venue since '87 when Thurston saw Front 242 - he didn't mention they played themselves.

Tokolosh 12.13.2006 06:27 AM

WTF? Thurston was into Front 242?
Didn't think he had it in him.

Trasher02 12.13.2006 06:30 AM

I really enjoyed the show though I'd loved to see catholic block and skip tracer live...

Sunny Sixkiller 12.13.2006 06:30 AM

Could you guys mention some more tiny details about the show, I'm writing a full review for a freind of mine who couldn't make it to the show. There are probably tons of details I missed.
thx in advance.

Trasher02 12.13.2006 06:32 AM

Kim gordon really looked like she was having a lot of fun.

EvdWee 12.13.2006 06:34 AM

and seeing steve live for the first time: he's just always busy :)