Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Which album would you like to see reissued next and why? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=8347)

PAULYBEE2656 11.25.2006 07:41 PM

master dik rerelease would be nice.................

k-krack 11.25.2006 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAULYBEE2656
master dik rerelease would be nice.................

Thanks alot for those wolf eyes downloads, but I downloaded them, and it won't let me play them!:(

CHOUT 11.26.2006 05:51 AM

sister. i read an interview with kim talking about how the rehearsal tapes of these songs were different and fucked up.. would love to hear them.

jon boy 11.26.2006 07:15 AM

to be honest i would be happy with just about any of them being re released.

sun city girl 11.27.2006 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savage Clone
I heard TV Shit when I bought it upon its original release.
This is why I returned it the next day.
I'm a huge fan and everything, but I know when something is less than essential.

tv shit isn't really that essential but it's nice to have, and eYe rulez!! and that stockhausen sleeve is funny.

Tokolosh 11.27.2006 07:13 AM

This would be nice.

lunberg 11.27.2006 02:44 PM

They should rerecord Sister, I'm surprised how much of it sounds so much better live : Kotton Krown (Paradisio 2002) and Schizophrenia are some of the songs that are really nicer in the live version i've heard, particularly because the recording doesn't achieve a good balance between guitars and the bass. The same goes for Evol, I don't like that 80ish drum sound (echo) : it seems to have been recorded in a train station. Again I don't like the record version of Tom Violence, but its a top pick live for me.

SYRFox 11.27.2006 04:02 PM

I'd really enjoy to hear Bad Moon Rising Deluxe, even if I don't think there's a lot of rehearsals/out-takes from this era... But Bad Moon Rising is by far my favorite SY album...

wax 11.27.2006 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lunberg
They should rerecord Sister, I'm surprised how much of it sounds so much better live : Kotton Krown (Paradisio 2002) and Schizophrenia are some of the songs that are really nicer in the live version i've heard, particularly because the recording doesn't achieve a good balance between guitars and the bass. The same goes for Evol, I don't like that 80ish drum sound (echo) : it seems to have been recorded in a train station. Again I don't like the record version of Tom Violence, but its a top pick live for me.

what what what?
the production of sister is half the charm!

hirsute_biped 11.27.2006 08:46 PM

1. they recorded "jet set" over the "sister" master?! really? holy shit, what a stupid move! on a level of tragedy equal to all the early jam tapes they stored in the back of their amps getting erased by the proximity of the speaker magnets...

2. what is the EVOL tour film? never heard of.

i was kind of unclear about this, but they have stated that they made tape edits of jams for the thousand leaves album. were these issued on SYR 1 & 2, or were those tracks the jams from whence the tape edits were made? obviosly "mioux: de corrosion" is edited. would be curious to hear more of these jams, as well as the edited versions they then "learned" the songs from. (i think the sessions at west 54th interview was when they talk about this). sonique concrete`!

i think they should do daydream next, and continue back in order, digging out tons of rare nuggets along the way, and simultaneously continue with the "destroyed room" concept. more more more!

it was dissapointing how the sonic death fan club thing fizzled out. i guess SYR is sonic death-phase 2?