Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

atsonicpark 05.27.2009 04:18 AM

Heh, I don't read the "Hard drugs" ones. I have before and it's just people saying it ruined their lives. I like to read the psychadelic ones, specifically ones with names like "MOST FUCKED UP TRIP EVEr!" and "LIFECHANGING FUCKING TRIPPING BALLS FUCK"

greedrex 05.27.2009 04:57 AM

Hello

~The rex-x-x-x-x-x~

verme (prevaricator) 05.27.2009 05:01 AM

watch this instead:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq_mGPkgY_g

skip to 3:37 to see 12 year old lee ranaldo explain how the only time he was able to fully understand himself was on a acid trip.
priceless.

some other great videos on that guy's channel.

atsonicpark 05.27.2009 05:15 AM

Already a minute in and this is fucking priceless, thank you.

pbradley 05.27.2009 05:43 AM

Dude, the echo in that is tripping me out. What a bummer.

terriblecanyons 05.27.2009 08:04 AM

Fuck you, California. :mad: :fuckyou:

greedrex 05.27.2009 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by verme (prevaricator)
watch this instead:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq_mGPkgY_g

skip to 3:37 to see 12 year old lee ranaldo explain how the only time he was able to fully understand himself was on a acid trip.
priceless.

bahahha yeah right:p

MellySingsDoom 05.27.2009 09:15 AM

This one goes out to l'homme robotique: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9zH8_wIHwg

floatingslowly 05.27.2009 09:25 AM

oh my goodness! oh my goodness!

I think I once had a copy of that Royal Albert Hall show. I really need more live sisters.

Code:

You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

gah

Better_Than_You 05.27.2009 06:35 PM

i'm downloading night of the living dead on youtube because they have this new movie feature.. and i'm only 15 minutes in, right. like, barely enough to even get a feel for the movie (but so far i've been impressed. with camera angles and creepy music and don't laugh at me but the practicallity of the horror, it's not some cheesy gore flick.. its psychological and twisted.) and i keep on having to stop to let it load.

well its been loading since 11 am and its still not done. its 635 pm my time now. but fuck it, i think its worth it.

phoenix 05.27.2009 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Better_Than_You
i'm downloading night of the living dead on youtube because they have this new movie feature.. and i'm only 15 minutes in, right. like, barely enough to even get a feel for the movie (but so far i've been impressed. with camera angles and creepy music and don't laugh at me but the practicallity of the horror, it's not some cheesy gore flick.. its psychological and twisted.) and i keep on having to stop to let it load.

well its been loading since 11 am and its still not done. its 635 pm my time now. but fuck it, i think its worth it.

http://www.vuze.com/app

gmku 05.27.2009 07:08 PM

I'm tired of jeans.

I'm feeling really comfortable these days in J. Crew premium officers chinos.

Sonic Youth 37 05.27.2009 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terriblecanyons
Fuck you, California. :mad: :fuckyou:

DAMN RIGHT!!! Wait...what?

gmku 05.27.2009 08:32 PM

Fuck you, Utah!

gmku 05.27.2009 08:54 PM

Just packed my bag.

Sonic Youth 37 05.27.2009 09:18 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwQbPgouUYo

floatingslowly 05.27.2009 10:01 PM

my cable modem is dying. at least, that's what the ISP says. if I get a new one, and it's still fucking up, I'm sending them the bill.

cox cable typically lives up to their name.

verme (prevaricator) 05.27.2009 11:43 PM

maybe you could try borrowing one from other cox sucker (ha ho ha ho he) and see if the problem really is the modem.
you should send them the bill anyway.

Derek 05.28.2009 07:01 AM

Quote:

all this time and you could have went out to a store and bought it for a few clams!

i know it's public domain and free on the internet but... fuck watching movies on a computer screen. for some reason i only really get into movies when it's dark outside and i'm lying down. weird.

atsonicpark 05.28.2009 07:53 AM

Quote:

Just d/l it from Archive.org ...

atsonicpark 05.28.2009 07:57 AM

I now have all the sun city girls cloaven videos. Also have every single album alan and richard and/or charles have ever appeared on. Kinda cool. I was going to post the cloaven videos to youtube but I couldn't find a good splitter. Then I was going to post them to archive.org but my isp shit out on me on the first one I tried to upload at about 72% and 3 hours. So, you know what? If anyone wants them, they're on soulseek or indietorrents. Honestly, having watched em all, after searching for 2 years, I'm a bit disappointed. I highly reccomend the original cloaven theater video, park of it's not over until the skinny arab lights the fuse, and I sorta reccomend halcyon days of symmetry. They've all got their good moments.. I really like some of the weird video collages and puppetry but it's not really worth all the time I spent looking and downloading em and stuff.

atsonicpark 05.28.2009 08:00 AM

Been playing Marvel vs Capcom 2. I love that game but you know what? Fuck the "unlock characters" part of the game. Basically, every match you fight, you get like 100 points. After 1500 or more points, you can buy a new character. Sounds good right? Well, there's like 20 characters to unlock. 30,000 points. That's 300 matches... BUT to get all the characters, you have to spend some of the points on unlockable costumes and concept art and stages before the characters become available. Costumes and concept art are like 100-200 and stages are 1000. So, really, you'll end up
needing like 100,000 points for EVERYTHING. So, what the hell is that? 1,000 matches? Some of the matches last 99 seconds. The CPU blocks all the time. I mean, jesus. I want to unlock that shit NOW. I turned the damage up, turned the time limits down, went into 2 player mode and beat the phantom second player like 30 times and only had enough points for one character. Just, fuck it.

atsonicpark 05.28.2009 08:02 AM

Also, I was on 3 hits of x over the past 3 days and was up for 30 hours straight and I started randomly talking to some xavier renegade angel fan on soulseek and we talked for 4 fucking hours straight about all this shit. The screen turned completely white, I didn't know what I was typing... I don't even REALLY know what we talked about but it was amazing. I totally connected with someone, over the internet. I read the soulseek chat log and it was fucked up. We have very similiar lives. We also both post to the noise board and have come across each other on youtube, even though he uses completely different screen names for all of 'em. I asked him, after he revealed some stuff, if he was this guy from youtube and he was like "VERY GOOD!" and then I said who I was and he said, "oh shit. Scissor Shock guy?" I was like "Yeah!" And it was so fucked up, it was like I was talking to my fucking self.

atsonicpark 05.28.2009 08:05 AM

Also, I recorded a new song today and it was fucking awesome. It sounds like Secret Chiefs 3 remixed by Throbbing Gristle. I loved it. It set a dangerous precent. So, after 4 hours of working on it, I just deleted it. I was like "man.. this song rules... I dunno about it though..." I got weird vibes from it. Whenever I listen to music I've made that I really like, I feel bad... I think it's because I listened to one of my albums on acid and I was like, "I don't even remember how I did that!" And I started hearing all these voices in my head, people telling me I couldn't ever do something that good again and so on. SO, now, if I make something I love too much, I tend to fuck it up or delete it on purpose. I don't know why. Just something I've been doing lately. I want my music to not be so obvious and simple. I want it to be messy and sloppy. But not intentionally. I want to keep playing stuff I can't even play, making songs that are impossible for even me to figure out. Sure, I can play some catchy little riffs and have a nice little hook here or there but that's just too fucking obvious. So, I deleted it.

atsonicpark 05.28.2009 08:06 AM

I am starting to wonder now if the X has been too much for my brain to handle. I feel like I'm living inside a dream. It's kinda cool but kind of not because it's more like a David Lynch dream. Everything looks kinda like blue-tinted television static. Very weird.

atsonicpark 05.28.2009 08:06 AM

My mom is snoring and watching Family Matters. Well, she was watching it and now she's snoring. I hate Urkel.

Derek 05.28.2009 09:07 AM

lucid dreams are awesome.

floatingslowly 05.28.2009 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by verme (prevaricator)
maybe you could try borrowing one from other cox sucker (ha ho ha ho he) and see if the problem really is the modem.
you should send them the bill anyway.

that would be a good way to troubleshoot the problem if I didn't have to call Cox with the modem's serial number before they activate it.

tech support in most places is bad, with these guys it can be either really good or the worst (usually, I have to be bumped up to tier3 before finding a being that I can communicate with).

my main problem now is they say it's a clear signal. my TV is on the same line and it doesn't break up, so I have to trust them. :(

oh well, we spent $43.99 on newegg. I'm going out of town tomorrow so I don't even have to suffer through the shipping delay!

Kannibal 05.28.2009 11:19 AM

been sober over 96 hours.

MellySingsDoom 05.28.2009 11:21 AM

I think I've found the prehistoric Villain Bird:

floatingslowly 05.28.2009 11:38 AM

that bird is clearly up to no good.

you can see it in his cold dead eyes.

MellySingsDoom 05.28.2009 11:41 AM

I know, it's a look that says "Give me brains to munch on", and "Mmm, spinal marrow, that's the good stuff".

atsonicpark 05.28.2009 11:42 AM

been fucked up for 96 hours

floatingslowly 05.28.2009 11:46 AM

^^^ it's yr party. you can get high if you want to.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
I know, it's a look that says "Give me brains to munch on", and "Mmm, spinal marrow, that's the good stuff".

although (s)he certainly looks more fierce than Villian Bird, Villian Thunder Lizard just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Better_Than_You 05.28.2009 12:42 PM

yesterday, i was diagnosed with both bronchitis and a sinus infection.

i feel like im DYYYIIINNGG!!

chrome noise tape 05.28.2009 12:53 PM

Quote:

yesterday, i was diagnosed with both bronchitis and a sinus infection.

i feel like im DYYYIIINNGG!!

that is not irrelevant, it's serious, get well.

Better_Than_You 05.28.2009 12:56 PM

Aww thank you.

chrome noise tape 05.28.2009 01:26 PM

demonrail666 05.28.2009 01:31 PM

earlier today i realised I must've dropped an 8th of weed while pulling out my wallet to use a cash machine. I walked back about fifteen minutes later, convinced I'd lost it and there it was, right by the machine I'd used.

How fucking respectable is my neighbourhood?

chrome noise tape 05.28.2009 01:41 PM