Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Coronavirus (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=122193)

choc e-Claire 03.18.2021 08:28 PM

does that mean if I get it, I'll be straight again? Or really, asexual?

The Soup Nazi 03.18.2021 09:53 PM

Sometimes the parallels between the United States and what the very United States claims to be crazy-ass psycho nations are staggering.

tw2113 03.18.2021 10:41 PM

Spoiler: they probably were gay already.

choc e-Claire you'd be homosexually square(d). :D Rock it while you can.

The Soup Nazi 03.19.2021 04:18 AM

Jack in the Box restaurant manager stabbed by customer who refused to wear a mask

And Iran is worse? More: https://news.google.com/stories/CAAq...S&ceid=US%3Aen

The Soup Nazi 03.24.2021 12:24 AM

OH MY GOD PROBLEM SOLVED:

Krispy Kreme offering free daily doughnut for the rest of 2021 to those who receive COVID-19 vaccine

I'm not kidding. This is how you win Unitedstateseans. KRISPY KREEEEME!!

_slavo_ 03.24.2021 03:36 AM

Krispy Kreme is a nightmare, alongside Dunkin's and all possible other doughnut places.

I have two experiences with KK:
Negative: the doughnuts suck
Positive: I remember a Krispy Kreme delivery lady was hitting on me terribly hard when I worked on a gas station in Baltimore. Too bad she was not very good looking.

The Soup Nazi 03.24.2021 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
Krispy Kreme is a nightmare, alongside Dunkin's and all possible other doughnut places.

I have two experiences with KK:
Negative: the doughnuts suck
Positive: I remember a Krispy Kreme delivery lady was hitting on me terribly hard when I worked on a gas station in Baltimore. Too bad she was not very good looking.

A certain dose of non-PC realism can still be funny.

tw2113 03.24.2021 12:19 PM

Just put the vaccines in beer and re-open the bars, and you'd probably secretly get the anti-vaxxers as well as normal people.

Antagon 03.25.2021 12:25 PM

There's an offical case or cases of Covid-19 in the building I live in now, just two floors above me. How do I know? When I got home today, there was a single sheet on a column in the mezzanine that tells people not to enter that particular apartment.

Also: Two nights ago I urged some of the inhabitants of this building to wear a goddamn mask in all the public spaces of the building (corridors, elevators, laundry room) via an online forum - something they should have been doing for months now, there are even signs on the entrance urging people to enter only with a mask on.

Maybe something will change now, but my hopes aren't high.

!@#$%! 03.25.2021 03:02 PM

or maybe they all FUCKIN DIE ALREADY :D

maskholes are the worst. got tired of relying on them and got me a p100 respirator so they can all fuck themselves while i breathe free.

Antagon 03.25.2021 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
maskholes are the worst.

Yes, they are. And they spread like wildfire. Spread being the operative word. If there's anything I've taken away from the past year, it's that society is kind of a failed experiment.

I joked to a fellow DJane/musician/host of events today that I'm really curious about how the first set of events after that pandemic is over/there's been widespread vaccination (still seems like a pipe dream right now) is going to be, because I don't know whether I'll be able to fully socialize again or just tell everyone to fuck off. It was gallows humor to take the edge off some tense times of course, but a part of me feels like there might be an inkling of truth to it.

The Soup Nazi 03.25.2021 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antagon
I joked to a fellow DJane/musician/host of events today that I'm really curious about how the first set of events after that pandemic is over/there's been widespread vaccination (still seems like a pipe dream right now) is going to be, because I don't know whether I'll be able to fully socialize again or just tell everyone to fuck off. It was gallows humor to take the edge off some tense times of course, but a part of me feels like there might be an inkling of truth to it.

My shrink told me I was the best-equipped person she could think of (and she has a LOT of patients) to face the pandemonium. Given that I hate people, you follow. Barely can stand you motherfuckers. :D:D:D

Antagon 03.25.2021 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
Barely can stand you motherfuckers. :D:D:D

D'awww, now we're being wonderfully sentimental. Don't worry, it's reciprocal. :D

The Soup Nazi 03.25.2021 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antagon
D'awww, now we're being wonderfully sentimental. Don't worry, it's reciprocal. :D

h8kurdt 03.27.2021 07:45 AM

Got the old vaccine today. In and out in seconds. Story of my life right there.

tw2113 03.27.2021 03:40 PM

still waiting to be formally eligible to get stuck with the pointy end of some needles.

!@#$%! 03.27.2021 06:16 PM

i finagled a first dose. tasteeeee...

Skuj 03.29.2021 07:41 PM

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...get-vaccinated

White GOP vaccine hesitancy at it's finest!

The Soup Nazi 03.29.2021 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skuj
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...get-vaccinated

White GOP vaccine hesitancy at it's finest!

Quote:

Comparatively, about 87 percent of the Democrats polled said they planned on receiving an inoculation or they already had.

^ That's fucked up too, though. You'd expect Democrats to be 100% on this - what the fuck are 13% of them thinking?

I forget the specific figure right now, but for this shit to work, something like 85% of the population needs to get vaccinated, right? I understand not everybody is a (D) or an (R), but with these percentages of morons "not planning on" :rolleyes: receiving the vaccine the U.S. will never get there, despite the Biden administration's megatonic efforts.

tw2113 03.29.2021 08:31 PM

what about the GOP Women, Mitchy-poop? Do you hate women?