Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   whats the worst insult that you ever had (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=39874)

ni'k 05.20.2010 11:24 AM

whats the worst insult that you ever had

i don't mean devastatingly insulting putdowns, but insults that fail because they aren't even insulting

one time i got told "it's never light with you, why can't you just be light and have some fun?" and i was like, shit, thank you so very much. thats a great compliment.

"you're just a faggot who sits inside and reads books all day" well shit, thanks. i do try to read everyday.

i know its a terrible idea for a thread but i am so very bored waiting for chips today.

hevusa 05.20.2010 11:25 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PR_rzF8ofw

ni'k 05.20.2010 11:27 AM

i see you have discovered that clip.

no doubt we will be seeing many more interesting uses of it as a response.

Rob Instigator 05.20.2010 11:28 AM

the same one I get from morons all the time

"You think too much."

sub-human assholes.

ni'k 05.20.2010 11:29 AM

ignore them. they are just in the early stages of alzhiemers.

Lurker 05.20.2010 11:30 AM

I know you ignore my posts but this is going to be a genuinely nice post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ni'k

one time i got told "it's never light with you, why can't you just be light and have some fun?" and i was like, shit, thank you so very much. thats a great compliment.

This first one I don't think was even meant as an insult. I think the person may have actually been trying to show concern.

ni'k 05.20.2010 11:32 AM

TAP TAP TAP

Lurker 05.20.2010 11:34 AM

You drive too much.

...actually you can put that in this thread if you want.

ni'k 05.20.2010 11:35 AM

TAP TAP TAP

Lurker 05.20.2010 11:38 AM

Quote:

TAP TAP TAP

TAP TAP TAP

space 05.20.2010 11:39 AM

Quote:

"you're just a faggot who sits inside and reads books all day" well shit, thanks. i do try to read everyday.

I've receieved that one several times. well, not the "faggot" part, but I'm sure it was implied because only "faggots" read.

my personal favorite is "you are the antichrist". I've had my fair share of that one too; the best time being by a (literally) retarded person. I smile and introduce myself, as they rarely guess my name.

Lurker 05.20.2010 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lurker

TAP TAP TAP

TAP TAP TAP

ni'k 05.20.2010 11:40 AM

Clap Clap Clap

Lurker 05.20.2010 11:41 AM

Quote:

Clap Clap Clap

TAP TAP TAP

I'm fond of this joke of yours, it's pretty funny.

space 05.20.2010 11:41 AM

"you need a haircut"

get fucked, you cunt; I mean, dad.

ni'k 05.20.2010 11:47 AM

mimicry? i didn't count on this... i have been - DEFEATED!

i know you want my attention so badly. you even tried being nice earlier.

it would be flattering if it wasn't, well, you.

i think i will go back to the not talking ever thing again.

i promise i will do it properly this time.

Lurker 05.20.2010 11:49 AM

Quote:

mimicry? i didn't count on this... i have been - DEFEATED!

i know you want my attention so badly. you even tried being nice earlier.

it would be flattering if it wasn't, well, you.

i think i will go back to the not talking ever thing again.

i promise i will do it properly this time.

No I meant it was funny when you were doing, sort of charmingly annoying.

I was being friendly, and you just throw it back in my face!!

All right, well good luck. Hope you can make this time!

Lurker 05.20.2010 11:50 AM

"i know you want my attention so badly. you even tried being nice earlier." - the old reversal technique. BAD INSULT!

SONIC GAIL 05.20.2010 11:58 AM

sonic palin:)

space 05.20.2010 12:04 PM

^^^ in that case, "floatingretardedly". if only because I love it so.

I miss you everyneurotic. :(

SONIC GAIL 05.20.2010 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by space
^^^ in that case, "floatingretardedly". if only because I love it so.

I miss you everyneurotic. :(

yeah i like sonic palin the image of that in my mind is humerous

ni'k 05.20.2010 12:21 PM

you are much better looking than actual palin.

and im sure you wont decide to ship out your son to iraq after he cuts the brake lines on each school bus in the entire depot he just broke into.

amerikangod 05.20.2010 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by space
my personal favorite is "you are the antichrist". I've had my fair share of that one too; the best time being by a (literally) retarded person.

That would have made my life.

One of the most memorable failed insults directed at me occurred in my sophomore year of high school, in a math class. We were learning shit about geometry. The teacher had a rectangle drawn on the board, and in the interest of making it more 'fun,' he decided to transform it into a portrait. He picked a kid in one of the front seats, and drew an extremely crude representation of his face within the rectangle. The kid's last name was King, so he also drew a crown on his head and wrote 'KING' underneath it. There were a few soft chuckles in the classroom. Mostly emanating out of assholes.

At this point the dude that sat in front of me, whom I'd never spoken to before, turns around with the smuggest look I've ever seen. It was so genuinely smug that it was priceless.

Him: You see that?
Me: Huh? What?
Him: That, on the board.
Me: ... uh.
Him: That's you.
Me: ...
Him: You're the king. The king of shit.
Me: LOLWUT (or whatever the 1997 equivalent was.)

SONIC GAIL 05.20.2010 12:35 PM

Quote:

you are much better looking than actual palin.

and im sure you wont decide to ship out your son to iraq after he cuts the brake lines on each school bus in the entire depot he just broke into.

well thanx man my son WILL NOT be in the military period. mind control yr just direspected property of the us government. My son is cool look at my pto thread.

!@#$%! 05.20.2010 01:23 PM

khchris called me a weirdo

how is that an insult, here of all places?

knox 05.20.2010 04:38 PM

some crackhead told me last week that i have no soul.
in front of all my friends.

hey you
i can see it in your face
you have no soul
go try and redeem yourself with god
you have no soul

all because i said: i'd give you some crack money but in all honesty i only have enough to pay for my beer. (which was true)

but seriously ive had ugly, fat, skinny, drunken, bitch, slut, dyke, bitch bitch bitch, sadist, weird, strange, bizarre, creepy, scary and all sorts of shit thrown at me.

it doesn't matter because i have no soul really.

SuperCreep 05.20.2010 04:40 PM

i got called an "80s fag" once.

i'm not even sure what that means.

ni'k 05.20.2010 04:42 PM

a skag addict ripped me off for a tenner at the train station the other week.
i didn't mind. he clearly wanted it more.

he showed me his track marks "i was in a car crash and got hooked up to all them machines man".

a glimpse into a world so horrible you only want to throw money at it and walk away.

atsonicpark 05.20.2010 04:43 PM

I dunno, most of the insults thrown at me are pretty awful. Hard to insult someone who doesn't bother anyone, in real life.

As for the internet, well, the worst I ever got was on the old board, when someone made an "atsonicpark sucks" thread, by some bitter Nirvana fan or some nonsense, which I never even bothered replying to. To make a whole thread about me sucking? I mean, come on. That takes effort!

knox 05.20.2010 04:44 PM

Quote:

a skag addict ripped me off for a tenner at the train station the other week.
i didn't mind. he clearly wanted it more.

he showed me his track marks "i was in a car crash and got hooked up to all them machines man".

a glimpse into a world so horrible you only want to throw money at it and walk away.

I had enough of this people. Yesterday I was waiting for someone and there was this group of kids drinking vodka from the bottle and laughing. One of them came over and started a whole speech about how shit his life is and he needed money to help out his family. YEAH RIGHT. I just said "bye" and walked off.

he started insulting me i'm such a bad fucking person. i didn't even hear.

some of us have bills to pay YOU KNOW. as much as I'd like to contribute to your cheap vodka, fuck off.

scavengers surrounding waiting around to eat the rotting corpses of what we've killed, have your maggot.

ni'k 05.20.2010 04:46 PM

some bitter nirvana fan. its always some bitter nirvana fan.

kurts spirit is trying to take posession of their flesh from the astral plane were he resides as a demon who wants to become human to take another go at crack skag coke booze cig weed acid oblivion once again.

knox 05.20.2010 04:50 PM

no, it's usually some reggae/dub fan with dreadlocks. It always makes me think of suchfriends. But i know he works. They sort of believe they are too hippie or too punk whatever to work because working is submitting to the system, and they'd rather pester the ones that submit themselves to the system and then feel all pure and sublime and unwashed.

Rob Instigator 05.20.2010 05:05 PM

fuck those bums. what assholes

ni'k 05.20.2010 05:07 PM

oh i meant the nirvana fans to what adam said.

yeah fuck them.

its the recession/regression. tribal cider based mysticism has taken over the land.

Genteel Death 05.20.2010 05:16 PM

Atari used to be good at insulting me. Those were the days.

atsonicpark 05.20.2010 05:23 PM

haha atari. Now there was a high-class troll!

Genteel Death 05.20.2010 05:27 PM

He once hijacked a thread about husker du that I had started in my usual peaceful manner to tell me that I was a piece of shit in a very long post.

atsonicpark 05.20.2010 05:38 PM

He was always pretty bitter and shitty with me, but then he pm'd me a few times and was.. nice?!

Genteel Death 05.20.2010 05:47 PM

We too shared our loving moments via a mutual love of VU. They only lasted until I'd offer a light-hearted opinion on either laurie anderson or the beatles and...then...it...would.....be.........IT.

space 05.20.2010 06:29 PM

it's hard not to love him for his mind.

sure, it was a little dark at times, but it's easy to get fucked off when yr smarter than everyone else...