Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   thank you for coming to SF again! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6152)

trainyard bliss 09.16.2006 08:37 PM

thank you for coming to SF again!

fuck yes, now i get to see them twice because i moved from arkansas this summer! (i saw them in tulsa) anybody know anything about the fillmore as a venue?

alexbush321 09.17.2006 02:18 AM

Hell Ya , Arkansas is where its at!....im from there.

buzz mutt 09.19.2006 01:41 PM

I saw them at the fillmore this year, it's a great place to see them..htt://www.myspace.com/staticmindfi

malefactor 09.28.2006 01:18 AM

yeah the fillmore was a great show. hopefully they will play an entirely different set this time, but from looking at their toronto setlist it looks like its still heavy with rather ripped.

guitarpro 10.02.2006 01:04 PM

I didn't make the SF show what was the set like? Anyone record it?

noisemachine 10.02.2006 01:08 PM

Even though I am actually from the Bay Area, I sadly missed out on both of their Fillmore appearances due to being at school. I saw the setlist from the first fillmore show and cried when I saw that they played Expressway. Its great venue, much better than the shitty Wiltern, where I saw them a few nights ago.

malefactor 10.02.2006 05:29 PM

The Fillmore - October 1, 2006
San Francisco

teenage riot
candle
reena
incinerate
skip tracer
what a waste
do you believe in rapture
rats
jams run free
turquoise boy
pink steam
or
-----------
the neutral
kool thing
-----------
world looks red
shaking hell

I'm not sure of the exact order last night, maybe someone who copped one of the 4 setlists they gave away to everyone except for me could post it. Thurston didn't have much to say this time, he only said that Mark Ibold was awesome. He fell down once and broke his guitar strap. I've never seen this before at a SY show, but after teenage riot during the feedback part, Thurston walks up to Lee and smashes his guitar neck with Lee's guitar neck, creating this incredible noise...awesome!!!

guitarpro 10.02.2006 05:43 PM

So it looks like I didn't miss much just the same set in a different order it still would of been cool to be there though the Filmore has great sound

noisemachine 10.02.2006 06:55 PM

nice set. wish i could have been there. everytime i have seen them Lee's song has always been Erics Trip. I really want to see Mote or Skip Tracer. And still haven't seen Kool Thing live.

trainyard bliss 10.02.2006 07:22 PM

i'm pretty sure that was the setlist, except i might've put turquoise boy after what a waste rather than after jams run free.

the guitar neck sex was pretty fucking sweet. that was an exciting noise session. and thurston rolling around and creating noise after his guitar strap came loose in the beginning of reena was hilarious as well.

16 bitch pile-up and erase errata were both excellent as well.