Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   'Sister' Master Tapes (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=18660)

Rob Instigator 01.05.2008 04:40 PM

they are all (lucky for us) still too busy making new music and art and stuff to start releasing boxed sets like the dead old bands who need money

greenlight 01.05.2008 06:03 PM

cool thread. yes, we had like 3 or 4 threads about Sister master with EJSTANS recorded over it, but with those pics. everything changes back to normal. seems like it. I always thought it would be a bit harsh decision for SY to use Sister master for a new album, especially in '94. long enough to know that Sister is a classic by that time. thanks for pics Danny.

Protectmeyou 01.05.2008 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHOUT
the catholic block 'do you like to fuck' is at the end of bull in the heather.

is it?

I jacked the wav file up so loud to try and hear that..... and I still couldn't make out a thing, in fact it was so loud all i got was hiss.... but no catholic block.

CHOUT 01.06.2008 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Protectmeyou
is it?

I jacked the wav file up so loud to try and hear that..... and I still couldn't make out a thing, in fact it was so loud all i got was hiss.... but no catholic block.

datz where i heard it:(

jakeonguitar 01.06.2008 12:58 AM

Besides the Sister masters just not 'existing' for the sole purpose being existent, I ask, who the fuck cares? Sister is mastered and mixed near-perfectly, and I couldn't necessarily see any reason why anyone would need the masters.

And yeah... you can hear Sister in Experimental Jet Set, Trash and No Star. Hasn't this been known since... 1994?

k-krack 01.06.2008 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakeonguitar
Besides the Sister masters just not 'existing' for the sole purpose being existent, I ask, who the fuck cares? Sister is mastered and mixed near-perfectly, and I couldn't necessarily see any reason why anyone would need the masters.

And yeah... you can hear Sister in Experimental Jet Set, Trash and No Star. Hasn't this been known since... 1994?

A little aggressive.

Moshe 01.06.2008 02:54 AM

Great find Danny!

CHOUT 01.06.2008 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakeonguitar

ok, we won't talk about it if you don't want us to...:(

k-krack 01.06.2008 04:14 AM

hahaha
this is totally not the time/place, I know, and I apologize to everyone else...

but just because it's "just the internet," that does not somehow grant you the right to act like a fucking douchebag for no reason.
We get it, sway... you knwo what is fucking up at all times. Not everyone does, or cares for that matter. And so what!? People want to talk about this. No one demanded yr stupid fucking opinion on it.

jakeonguitar 01.06.2008 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k-krack
A little aggressive.

Uh. Rawr?

I didn't really mean any aggression. But, then again, I'm not sorry so... heh.

@ Chout: I never said any of that. Do whatever you want. That was just my input.

CHOUT 01.07.2008 03:48 AM

i love master tapes