Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sonic youth and drugs (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=1010)

marleypumpkin 04.17.2006 01:33 PM

You know they all smoked after that show, not just Steve.

Thurston's the shiznizzle bam snip snap snip (meaning; he's funny)

greenlight 04.17.2006 01:53 PM

sometimes i think yes and sometimes no....i mean "A" class ones.

my question is : did they quit tobacco? haven't seen any pictures or vids where they're smoking since DD era.

guitarpro 04.17.2006 02:29 PM

You know Thurston's a stoner so come on man and pass it all ready

hey alex 04.17.2006 02:57 PM

well, they;re not heavy in drugs... but they're music is heavy for it/

trance feeeedback 04.17.2006 03:04 PM

on the alternate version of dirty boots, you can hear thurston say something like: "pass the doobie" or something like that, at least I think, I don't really remember........

trance feeeedback 04.17.2006 03:17 PM

yeah, I just listened to it, towards the end you can hear somebody in the background(thurston?) saying a whole bunch of obnoxious stuff, you can hear him say "pass me that doobie!" and then you can hear the lighter and kim says "It's hot in here" and the guy says "Open a window, it's hot in here!" it's actually pretty dumb.

RIPfrey05 04.17.2006 03:27 PM

Why isnt this posted in the "questions for the band" thread so you nosey assholes can get a real fucking answer and drop it?

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 04.17.2006 04:16 PM

on this topic on the previous board, Jim corrected me with a pissy PM about how he DOESN'T SMOKE WEED. so everybody, dont forget, Jim o Rourke doesn't smoke herb, "only coffee and cigarettes"

as for everybody else, it seems fairly obvious that they have ALL smoked pot at some point in time (by smoked i mean plural), but as for today, I can say that thurston was smoking with some people last year @ a whiteout show in LA.

RIPfrey05 04.17.2006 04:47 PM

fuck weed, it makes you feel like your detctched from your life as it happens after you smoke it, thats so lame.

SecretGirl13 04.17.2006 05:20 PM

[quote=greenlight]sometimes i think yes and sometimes no....i mean "A" class ones."

well technically the US classifies pot as a "class A".....which is foolish because a little weed and a little heroin should not be in the same category

finding nobody 04.17.2006 05:30 PM

in the nirvana box set thurston wrote this big essay. in which he talks about how he went to krist noveselic's house and they smoked weed and listened to "moist vagina" by nirvana. he said he loved it!

trainyard bliss 04.17.2006 06:35 PM

i remember reading some article that was either written by kim or by someone interviewing kim . . . she was talking about a memorable time on tour when she and thurston stayed with someone related to thurston, and they had pancakes in the morning and there were kids all over. and she said something like, "everyone thinks we take loads of drugs and have weird sex on tour, and of course we do, but i'll always remember when we stayed with so-and-so." i think this was about a tour sometime in the 80s. i also thought that i read it on saucerlike, but i can't find it anymore.

i had forgotten about jim freaking out over the marijuana thing. that's still pretty funny.

HaydenAsche 04.17.2006 06:37 PM

I thought for sure LailaV would ask this question.

Proud Marie 04.17.2006 09:42 PM

I talked to this guy who was backstage with SY in 92 and he said that Lee and Thurston were powdering their noses. He also said Kim had a smack habit, and Steve was the only one who kept clean of hard drugs. I dont think this story has too much truth, though.

HaydenAsche 04.17.2006 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
on this topic on the previous board, Jim corrected me with a pissy PM about how he DOESN'T SMOKE WEED. so everybody, dont forget, Jim o Rourke doesn't smoke herb, "only coffee and cigarettes"

as for everybody else, it seems fairly obvious that they have ALL smoked pot at some point in time (by smoked i mean plural), but as for today, I can say that thurston was smoking with some people last year @ a whiteout show in LA.

Jim didn't post on the old board.

Lone Flanger 04.17.2006 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
Jim didn't post on the old board.

Yes he did.

HaydenAsche 04.17.2006 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lone Flanger
Yes he did.

Frickin' when? I remember s.shelly and leeisfree. Are you sure it was really Jim?

marleypumpkin 04.17.2006 10:00 PM

I never had the chance to see Jim post on the old board.

Lone Flanger 04.17.2006 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
Frickin' when? I remember s.shelly and leeisfree. Are you sure it was really Jim?

Fairly. He went under some name I can't remember right now. And yeah, he was kind of a dick, IIRC.

trainyard bliss 04.17.2006 10:22 PM

the time i'm talking about is when suchfriends posted some story that involved jim and thurston (i think) smoking weed in some manner. then suchfriends posted that he had been told by jim in a private message to say that his story was bullshit and jim doesn't smoke weed . . . EVER.