Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Who has listened to Rather Ripped? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=1067)

Neongod 04.19.2006 01:21 AM

Who has listened to Rather Ripped?

I maintain that a majority of the whiny ppl on this forum that talk shit about the album leaking and put down others have heard the new album at least once. What do you think?
I have confessed to hearing it once.

p.s. This doesn't mean YOU...it's for the ones that criticize the ones that have heard the leaked album.

sonicl 04.19.2006 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neongod
I maintain that a majority of the whiny ppl on this forum that talk shit about the album leaking and put down others have heard the new album at least once. What do you think?
I have confessed to hearing it once.

p.s. This doesn't mean YOU...it's for the ones that criticize the ones that have heard the leaked album.

I have no interest whatsoever in hearing a bad quality nth generation stolen copy of music that a little patience will allow me to hear in its intended quality in a couple of months' time. So that makes me "whiny", does it? Well I guess I'd rather be whiny than a twat.

p.s. This doesn't mean YOU...it's for the ones who think it's cool to distribute leaked copies of yet-to-be released material in a forum that the artists who created that material have provided, and think that boasting about having heard it will give them some kind of hip status.

krastian 04.19.2006 01:41 AM

Not yet.....Santa will come in due time.

Jef Mertens 04.19.2006 01:44 AM

I have only rather been Incinerated with Reena.

_slavo_ 04.19.2006 01:45 AM

negative...will definitely wait for the red package to gently slip into my CD player.

selkcip 04.19.2006 02:24 AM

i don't understand the question of the poll. yes i have heard the album and it is gorgeous (even in ulta-hot 128 kbps)

Grete 04.19.2006 02:29 AM

not yet...

Gulasch Noir 04.19.2006 02:42 AM

Not yet. I think I will (unlike to other albums by sy when they got released) listen (download or listen to it in the record shop) to it before i buy it this time, though.

screamingskull 04.19.2006 04:15 AM

i have only heard the two songs that thurston performed on BBC radio yeasterday.
i would download it if i could but im crap at computer stuff. as although the release date is 13/6/06. that probly only when it will come out in the states, the rest of the world will have to wait a bit longer.

Florya 04.19.2006 05:57 AM

I've heard it. It sounds great.
I'll be buying it in as many formats as I can as soon as they hit the shops.

khchris(original) 04.19.2006 06:09 AM

I have heard it just like majority of the people on this thread.

Best SY album in years, I'm already liking it more than NYG&F, Murray Street, and Nurse. When I get it in the store, I'm sure I'll like it more than 1KL.

In my opinion, Jim leaving was a good thing.

RdTv 04.19.2006 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khchris(original)

Best SY album in years, I'm already liking it more than NYG&F, Murray Street, and Nurse. When I get it in the store, I'm sure I'll like it more than 1KL.

Hmm, best in years? Better than Murray Street, I do admit the music is growing on me but I have yet to hear the part of this album that will push it past ATL and Murray Street. Better than NYC G&F is true, and you are entitled to your opinion but I'm not feeling quite that much yet.

jon boy 04.19.2006 06:20 AM

i have not heard it, not that i am bothered either way, but i will not download it at all.

whorefrost 04.19.2006 06:20 AM

good album but a bit disappointing compared to murray and nurse

screamingskull 04.19.2006 06:34 AM

Quote:

i thought you said REAL sonic youth fans buy their albums not download them for free?

khchris(original) 04.19.2006 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by screamingskull
i thought you said REAL sonic youth fans buy their albums not download them for free?

I'll be buying my copy when it comes out.

Do you really listen to Elliot Smith???

kingcoffee 04.19.2006 06:53 AM

Oh yeah. I dont complain about leaked music. I don't care. I listened to the album, several times now. I'm not ashamed to say so. Every one else can deal w/ it. If they don't want to download it and just wait to buy it once it's officially released, then by all means go ahead and do so. But where do some of you get off telling the rest of us what to do? Get off yr high horse and bend over to KISS MY ASS!!!!

screamingskull 04.19.2006 06:54 AM

Quote:

I'll be buying my copy when it comes out.

Do you really listen to Elliot Smith???

yeah all the time, hes my absolute favourite musician, next to sonic youth.

why?

kingcoffee 04.19.2006 06:55 AM

Yeah, I downlaod music, but I ALWAYS support my bands when the come within a hundred miles of where I live. I've seen SY twice now, so you can bite me if you think that I just take the band for granted. Bands make the majority of their cash form touring, not record sales. And when SY comes to New England agai, you can bet yr sweet ass I'll be their front row and cheering them on with all my heart and soul.

IntoTheGroovey 04.19.2006 07:05 AM

I've heard it and although I find one or two songs king of dull, overall I really like it. Not as good as Sonic Nurse but better than Murray Street. Though I've only listened to it twice.

My favourite song at the moment is "Reena"