Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   urgent question for the band (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=1996)

pkavelin 05.18.2006 11:34 PM

urgent question for the band

LA SHOW!!!? Are you guys going to play an LA show? I don't, I repeat don't want to see you guys open for Pearl Jam. They arent worthy of being in the same room let alone headlining after Sonic Youth. Please tell me you guys are going to play at the Henry Fonda or the Troubador or something. I always see you guys every year. I'm going to have to pass it up this year unless you guys play your own show.

SonikJesus 05.18.2006 11:38 PM

I agree, you guys should do some California dates by yourselves.

Everyneurotic 05.18.2006 11:47 PM

i'm sure they'll get to your house right now and play a show in your room as soon as they set up.

noisemachine 05.19.2006 03:54 AM

I would love to see them add another date on the tour. I'm driving up to see them in Sacramento but I wouldn't mind seeing them again. I can't imagine them not doing at least one So Cal headlining show this year. Maybe they'll do Arthurfest again? But with better sound this time?

Alex's Trip 05.19.2006 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisemachine
I would love to see them add another date on the tour. I'm driving up to see them in Sacramento but I wouldn't mind seeing them again. I can't imagine them not doing at least one So Cal headlining show this year. Maybe they'll do Arthurfest again? But with better sound this time?

I'd rather have just them, not in a festival.

But yeah, I was suprised they weren't doing any shows without PJ down here.

acousticrock87 05.19.2006 10:54 AM

I was stoked about the new tour, and I was sure they'd have plenty of SoCal dates, being the tour-greedy area that we are. But the Pearl Jam thing is killing me. I don't want to drive 2 hours to Pearl Jam concert to see the "opening act". Nothing against PJ for any fans out there, but I'm not a big fan. We can't really ask them to do another show, because they're already giving up a lot of time for us. But still...

silverfreepress (sdasher) 05.19.2006 10:59 AM

There are some gaps in there that would enable them to play some spots in LA. Just look at the off days. Do some research what spaces in town have openings those nights? Also don't forget the possibility of a Amoeba show.
Relax.

Fri 07/07/06 San Diego, CA Cox Arena

Sun 07/09/06 Inglewood, CA The Forum

Mon 07/10/06 Inglewood, CA The Forum

Thu 07/13/06 Santa Barbara, CA Santa Barbara Bowl

Sat 07/15/06 San Francisco, CA Bill Graham Civic Aud.

acousticrock87 05.19.2006 11:20 AM

The Glass House schedule is open from 7-9 until 7-28. Sounds like their best prospect. Amoeba in Hollywood isn't even scheduled that far ahead. I guess it's possible.

PunkerViolence 05.19.2006 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pkavelin
LA SHOW!!!? Are you guys going to play an LA show? I don't, I repeat don't want to see you guys open for Pearl Jam. They arent worthy of being in the same room let alone headlining after Sonic Youth. Please tell me you guys are going to play at the Henry Fonda or the Troubador or something. I always see you guys every year. I'm going to have to pass it up this year unless you guys play your own show.

Oh shut up. Just be privilaged that you have the chance to see sonic youth, weather or not you like pearl jam. Just be lucky that theyre touring america. Us brits have nothing to look forward too... Id be over-joyed to see both pearl jam and sonic youth, on the same stage, on the same night....what an experience.

Richard Pryor on Fire 05.19.2006 12:04 PM

All my quams about this tour got smashed when they added that Detroit date granted it's a bigger venue than I would like to seem them at but it would be cool to see the Flaming Lips too. We're cool now Sonic...for now. Still haven't been put on their myspace top 8...

pkavelin 05.19.2006 04:17 PM

See guys?

You need to grace LA with your, and ONLY your presence like you do every year. We're all craving the hypnotic sonic jams preferably in an intimate venue. I've spoken with loads of people who are like minded. Please come through this year.

createsounds 05.21.2006 08:14 AM

actually whats gonna sux is ......... i think PJ has some stupid thing were the members of there fan clubs get in like 20 min early ....... which is super suxy .... that means all sy fans are standing in like the back row watchin thurstons hair piece bounce around the stage like a rabbit .....

atsonicpark 05.21.2006 08:20 AM

They're too busy writing Rather Ripped's Revenge.

Alex's Trip 05.21.2006 10:36 AM

Oh and the flaming lips want to join too, that is no problem.