Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Thurston Moore: Loves His Uggs More Than Tapes (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=18751)

Moshe 01.07.2008 03:30 PM

Thurston Moore: Loves His Uggs More Than Tapes

Thurston Moore: Loves His Uggs More Than Tapes

Thurston Moore was overheard telling Bill Nace, "I love my Ugg slippers. I think I love them more than my tapes."

An insider told Noisebloid exclusively, "Thurston never takes them off. He does everything in his China Tea 5379's, even the nasty. I even heard that Ugg is going to start producing a limited edition crochet boot to be featured on Oprah's Favorite Things next season. They will be cleverly called Ugg Dirty Boots and will come in three colors, yet to be announced."

Sheriff Rhys Chatham 01.07.2008 03:33 PM

I love picture Thurston having sex wearing slipper!
NOT

max 01.07.2008 03:57 PM

now this is a bit too much for me.

avantgarde1 01.07.2008 04:57 PM

i call bull shit.

Rob Instigator 01.07.2008 05:17 PM

older men need soft shoes.

Ugg boots are the single ugliest fucking accesory on a female since thick belts over a sweater a la peg Bundy (those have been back "in style" with losers who do not remember the previous wackassery, for a couple of years now)

Cantankerous 01.07.2008 05:23 PM

hahahaha
uggs are great though, i wear them like every day

pokkeherrie 01.07.2008 05:58 PM

A guaranteed hit among SY fans during the next summer tour.

ellesibee 01.07.2008 10:00 PM

that is quality--makes me feel less guilty about wearing uggs!

flophousefloozie 01.07.2008 10:25 PM

Never heard of these, but I do wear large belts over tunics.

Everyneurotic 01.07.2008 10:48 PM

leslie keffer is the shit!

Kina 01.07.2008 11:52 PM

I'm sure the aussies on here can appreciate the good ol ugg and I'm wearing the green ones in this pic right now, ah the comfort!

But yeah I'm sure Thurston was being a bit on the witty side

EMMAh 01.07.2008 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
older men need soft shoes.

Ugg boots are the single ugliest fucking accesory on a female since thick belts over a sweater a la peg Bundy (those have been back "in style" with losers who do not remember the previous wackassery, for a couple of years now)

All my friends have them, and I don't get it. Apparently they're mega comfy but your feet sweat like balls.
I've very thankful I'm not a follower or I'd probably be wearing a pair of the stupid things right now haha.

Kina 01.08.2008 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMMAh
All my friends have them, and I don't get it. Apparently they're mega comfy but your feet sweat like balls.
I've very thankful I'm not a follower or I'd probably be wearing a pair of the stupid things right now haha.

hehe they're good for when you're cold. And I have been wearing them since I was a kid so they're just normal for me but I would never wear them outside like I've seen became trendy a couple of years ago

mil_pl 01.08.2008 06:04 AM

hah a lot of laugh i had about this Moshe! thanks.

Rob Instigator 01.08.2008 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flophousefloozie
Never heard of these, but I do wear large belts over tunics.

large belts over tunics is one thing. large belts over a thick sweater... UGGG BOOTS!

Bal 01.08.2008 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avantgarde1
i call bull shit.

and it only took 3 posts to figure out! :D

Everyneurotic 01.09.2008 12:05 AM

people who still don't have a clue:

this is a joke, it's supposed to be like a tabloid about underground musicians.

Cantankerous 01.09.2008 06:08 PM

if you were sitting here talking i would be imitating you in a sassy little girl voice and making a face

sluts, i have a pair in all those colours, and i have the crochet ones and a pair that laces up the front with fur all up in them.

screamingskull 01.09.2008 06:49 PM

i have a pair of black ones, they are such a lazy choice of foot ware, but so comfortable.

scott v 01.10.2008 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swa(y)
i get that its not serious, however, i dont think there is anything funny or clever about it.

well, it may certainly not be that funny or anything but its revealing that some people who really have to make a comment about how they think its bullshit, dumb, stupid, unclever etc etc need to get a grip and loosen up and pull the large stick out of their asses... like who cares that you are soo cool in your seriousness about music and your underground culture, that you think other things like a blog that has fun as a tabloid on underground music is crap, let them have their fun and if you don't like it then start a blog about how your shit don't stink. heh.