Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   'Sister' Master Tapes (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=18660)

CHOUT 01.04.2008 03:34 AM

the catholic block 'do you like to fuck' is at the end of bull in the heather.

thanks for pushing me to try this...it was kinda fun.

ZEROpumpkins 01.04.2008 03:40 AM

Ahh that's right. Got mixed up. I also found a clip of Kotton Krown somewhere.

CHOUT 01.04.2008 03:48 AM

best thread on here in ages, imo.

ZEROpumpkins 01.04.2008 04:01 AM

I'll put together a small collection of clips in a few days.

Bal 01.04.2008 04:02 AM

ok so here you go
i did it all visual for you
first pic you see the ending of winners blues - highlighted the part i maximized to 0 db

in the second pic you can see the highlighted part already maximised

and here is how it sounds:

http://www.mediafire.com/?0ez3ozdcvoy

ZEROpumpkins 01.04.2008 04:06 AM

Cool stuff.

Norma J 01.04.2008 04:40 AM

Cool thread.

I haven't really given Experimental... much of a listen. I think I've listened to it like once the whole way through ages ago and liked it a fair bit (I bought it from work for like $2), but I rarely listen to it. I'm listening to it now. Top album.

ZEROpumpkins 01.04.2008 05:08 AM

EJSTNS rocks, better than Dirty. Massively underrated by everyone, especially Rob.

atsonicpark 01.04.2008 05:17 AM

why is this such a big deal?

we've known about this for years....

ZEROpumpkins 01.04.2008 05:20 AM

There's been at least 3 threads on it. Still interesting to discuss untill we get more SY release info.

raging_nelly 01.04.2008 07:31 AM

I'm not actually bothered

noisereductions 01.04.2008 08:23 AM

I know. I hear with fancy computers they can superimpose a mustache right on your face!

Rob Instigator 01.04.2008 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koolthing78
Mmm, I used to kind of feel this way about the album (though instead of "hate," I would just say "one of my least favorite.") But over the past year or so, I've been delving into the SY (and related) things I never "got" before, and learned that it all depends on your state of mind, and how you interpret *their* apparent states of mind and intentions. EJST&NS is just one of many musical moments (along with "Bad Moon Rising," Free Kitten's "Sentimental Education" (the title track of that being pure, unadulterated brilliance), and most recently SYR 5) that I have learned not to write off just because it seems dull, rambling, tossed-off, or whatever. And I hate to sound like you need drugs to truly appreciate some things (because good music should transcend that sort of earthly vice, etc. etc.), but if you get really stoned--you know, where everything seems new and confusing, where you focus intently on every little sound, and consider the thought and inspiration that went into deciding to play it (and put it on record)--you may find yourself rethinking your previous opinions like I did. Then again, maybe not. But, having been my first SY purchase (and I had no idea what to expect), "Sweet Shine" and "Self Obsessed and Sexxee" alone were enough to get me totally hooked on SY for life, so that should say something.

OK./ I will give it a 5th chance.
I will play my copy tonight, after a couple of bong hits, and let you know what happens./

Danny Himself 01.04.2008 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHOUT
I LOVE MASTER TAPE BOXESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They hold an allure, containing the raw tracks of tuneage!

Like the VU boxset with the tape boxes on em? Maybe it's only me...

Oh, you like that, do ya?

Last pic there has the same date on signed with Lee's initials. Probably was 'stock taking' as somebody mentioned earlier..

CHOUT 01.05.2008 01:36 PM

very nice Danny!!! what's the proper site for those pics!!?

Danny Himself 01.05.2008 02:15 PM

I got them off of Davey Urf's flickr page: www.flickr.com/photos/lordzurp

He's a legend when it comes to candid SY / Awesome Color / Dinosaur pix.

Nah meen?

CHOUT 01.05.2008 02:51 PM

this one says remastered on the 1994 date

CHOUT 01.05.2008 02:53 PM

holy crap id like to dig through these

max 01.05.2008 02:56 PM

trippy.

krastian 01.05.2008 03:11 PM

They should just quit dickin' around and release all that crap in a nice box set instead of making us buy deluxe versions of albums that we bought like a million years ago.