Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Richard Edson (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=10376)

terminal pharmacy 02.07.2007 11:53 PM

Richard Edson

Just sitting watching Platoon and realised that Richard Edson is in it so did a search on IMDB and he has done tons of films and television. I'm a bit slow off the mark on this one.

racehorse 02.08.2007 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kegmama
Yeah, he has been in quite a lot of stuff. Ferris Buellers Day Off is my fav that he's in...

I met him at a Thurston/White Out show a few years ago, he was totally kick back, very nice and fun to talk too. He had brought his very old parents with him too, I swear they were like 80+ years old. When White Out started I saw his dad take out his hearing aid. They kicked ass until the end though, totally hardcore.

haha, what a surreal experience.
brilliance.

RdTv 02.08.2007 08:58 AM

My favorite film he was in has to be ''Do The Right Thing''.

Also, ''Stranger Than Paradise''.

Bertrand 02.09.2007 01:48 PM

He was in Paris to promote I Am Josh Polonski's Brother when the Youth played the Olympia.
He joined them on stage for She Is Not Alone.
If you haven't seen this film - which would not be surprising as it's a low-budget picture that wasn't released in many theatres - it's a great one. Edson plays a guy working with his 2 brothers. One of them - Josh - is shot dead in front of him. The family loses its balance, cops come and say how Josh wasn't that great a guy, and Edson's the only one to stick to the image he had in his heart. Little by little, his elder brother deprives him of his place in the family, and Edson slowly drifts away, trying to live his dead brother's life. Dostoievski came to my mind, and I found the Russian writer's name mentioned in a critic somewhere.
It was Edson's second film for Raphaël Nadjari, so the director had had time to know what was great in Edson.
And I sure think this guy is a kind person - read the liner notes for the Sonic Youth self-titled.

Rob Instigator 02.09.2007 02:10 PM

Do The Right Thing is the greatest film Edson has done.

he was very funny in Good Morning Vietnam and in Ferris

LittlePuppetBoy 02.09.2007 02:50 PM

He was in Platoon? I'll have to pay attention more if I see it again (even though I've seen it about twice.......hey, I did not know who he even was then)

Bertrand 02.10.2007 05:59 AM

He's blown away in Platoon when a fellow soldier picks up a teddy bear booby trap if I'm correct.

Concrete Abutments 02.28.2007 11:07 AM

The Astronaut Farmer

I work in a movie theater and ducked in to catch a few minutes of "The Astronaut Farmer" tonight. Richard Edson has a cameo on the porch of Billy Bob Thornton's character's house!

Androol 03.03.2007 03:16 AM

rad