Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   live dvd ? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=13666)

voodooscar 06.05.2007 10:16 PM

live dvd ?

they are like the only famous band now that hasent had a live dvd of a concert i think they are long over due for one even dinosaur jr just came out with one and there less known then sonic youth is i think they should film all of there sold out shows at the round house in england whos with me ?

jico. 06.05.2007 10:23 PM

is there really a need for more merch crap?

Moshe 06.06.2007 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jico.

yes there is

king_buzzo 06.06.2007 01:51 AM

Quote:

No!

LifeDistortion 06.06.2007 02:18 AM

Quote:

A "DayDream Nation Live" DVD in 5.1 Surround Sound would go under such heading as crap? I think not.

sy2004 06.06.2007 06:09 AM

A "Daydream Nation Live" DVD (only if played in full off course) would be priceless for me and surely many others :p
I've seen several bootleg DVDs, most of them pretty crap.

sonicl 06.06.2007 06:14 AM

I'm still holding out for a box set of DVDs of Sonic Youth live performances throughout the band's history. One DVD for each album, where possible, with a bonus DVD made up entirely of renditions of one early song from various tours over the last 25 years to show its evolution.

Rob Instigator 06.06.2007 08:17 AM

I have never seen any bootleg DVD's of sonic youth./

I would like to have a fully produced by the band live DVD.

I will take year punk broke if that is all I can get.
I have gila monster on VHS. that shit is rulin.

Rob Instigator 06.06.2007 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicl
I'm still holding out for a box set of DVDs of Sonic Youth live performances throughout the band's history. One DVD for each album, where possible, with a bonus DVD made up entirely of renditions of one early song from various tours over the last 25 years to show its evolution.

that is my cream dream

val-holla-ing 06.06.2007 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicl

ooh baby. that's the ticket!

guitarpro 06.06.2007 10:17 AM

I agree bring on the live DVD with lots of extras.

SonikJesus 06.07.2007 01:18 AM

A live DVD would be nice but there are already a lot of unofficial ones out there on the net. For example, the 2004 Rock en Seine dvd and the Eurockéennes Festival are of great quality. But I having a slow connection would be a problem for many.

I would much rather prefer a documentary dvd of some sort. Or a dvd filled with random shit. I remember chabib saying this could be done in the future (a dvd filled with all of his SY mini-docs).

I would still get a live dvd if it was released though.

greenlight 06.07.2007 02:02 AM

and some unseen fotage as well.

hirsute_biped 06.07.2007 09:42 AM

say, the much rumored EVOL tour film...

scott v 06.07.2007 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hirsute_biped
say, the much rumored EVOL tour film...

now that would be cool. but i must say most documentaries in my opinion are kinda sucky... like that "silver rockets kool things 20 years of SY" documentary half of that was pretty much annoying garbage, and not very well put together. the only thing kinda worthwhile was the monologue segments w/ the band members and even that was sorta broing because of what they where asked to talk about.

sy2004 06.08.2007 01:20 AM

not another boring documentary :p
it's all about the music, so a DDN played in full dvd it is