Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   chia obama (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=30568)

wellcharge 04.24.2009 02:15 AM

chia obama

i know i want one

pbradley 04.24.2009 02:17 AM

Ch-ch-ch-chief executive.

davenotdead 04.24.2009 11:09 AM

awesome. do want

afterthefact 04.24.2009 11:28 AM

that's racist.

it would go well with my lawn jockey though...

marleypumpkin 04.24.2009 11:44 AM

No, the president is not a corporate pitchman, that's impossible. F^#K Obama!

Dr. Eugene Felikson 04.24.2009 12:20 PM

god bless america

atsonicpark 04.24.2009 12:35 PM

EVOLghost 04.24.2009 01:38 PM

I like the determined one better....

wellcharge 04.24.2009 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
I like the determined one better....

the happy one looks more like a drunk monk from a shaw brows flick than it does like barrack

atsonicpark 04.24.2009 01:46 PM

Everybody, including God, in the Bible is really fucked up. I mean, everybody. Nobody ever tells you that- that it's really a book about the failures of humans and failures of the Gods, but yet the triumph of these people as well. It's like everyone has the worst problems imaginable. Melrose Place looks like nothing by comparison. They really don't understand where the Religious Right get a lot of their ideas from because it doesn't really seem to be coming from the Bible. If they were really saying what the Bible said, they would be censored! They'd never allow such people on TV.

Rob Instigator 04.24.2009 01:51 PM

It's the prankster's Bible

afterthefact 04.24.2009 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Everybody, including God, in the Bible is really fucked up. I mean, everybody. Nobody ever tells you that- that it's really a book about the failures of humans and failures of the Gods, but yet the triumph of these people as well. It's like everyone has the worst problems imaginable. Melrose Place looks like nothing by comparison. They really don't understand where the Religious Right get a lot of their ideas from because it doesn't really seem to be coming from the Bible. If they were really saying what the Bible said, they would be censored! They'd never allow such people on TV.

I don't agree with what you said, and I really do not agree with you stealing Bytor Peltor's font!

atsonicpark 04.24.2009 01:55 PM

It's not what I said, it's a quote from Hardy Fox of the Residents around the time Wormwood was released. I randomly paste quotes of interesting things I read. I do that all the time.

atsonicpark 04.24.2009 02:00 PM

Have they ever gotten into trouble for using samples of other peoples' music?
No, but it's gone the other way. We've sued other people for sampling the Residents' music.
Who had used the Residents' music?
Levi's and T-Mobile.
Really!?
Yeah, we got a pretty large settlement from it!
What did they take? What samples?
Levi's used a piece of music from the first Residents album in a commercial. You may have seen it - it was a pretty big campaign. It had these buffalo running through the streets of New York.
How was this brought to the Residents' attention? Did they see the actual commercial?
Yeah. I remember I was sitting at home watching TV and that commercial came on, and I knew I recognized the piece of music, and suddenly it hit me - "Wait a minute!" So luckily I had TiVO going, so I captured that spot and sent it off to the appropriate contacts and lawyers and we got everything sorted out.
Oh man! Just sitting there, "Hey! That's us!" What song was it?
Oh... I don't remember the name of it.
That's crazy that they thought they could get away with that.
Well, I'm sure it wasn't Levi's themselves. It was just their composer.

afterthefact 04.24.2009 03:05 PM

You also steal fonts. This does not sit well with me. Fonts are PERSONAL. YOU HAVE NO RIGHT.

atsonicpark 04.24.2009 03:24 PM

I just copy and pasted.

afterthefact 04.24.2009 03:34 PM

That Is Not Right!!! Are You Just Trying To Make Me Mad?!?!?@#? Don't You Know That Everyimte You Make A Copy Of Something That An Actual Physical Copy Is Made On Harddrives And That Each One Of Those Copies Should Be Paid For And They Are Not And That Is Why Writers Are Becoming Poor< Because None Of Their Stuff Is Making Money The Way It Should!?!?!??