Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   ejst&nst + washing machine reissue (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=111841)

wim 05.31.2015 02:01 PM

ejst&nst + washing machine reissue

any reason why reisses of ejst&ns and washing machine are not happening?

w/ 20th anniversary last & this year + the demand for it, it is weird they're not getting a reissue or deluxe treatment? ...so maybe there's some weird legal reasoning behind it?

if no reason; please do reissue. i'd love to listen to diamond sea on wax :)

halgreen 05.31.2015 04:44 PM

good question. but i know that you can listen to diamond sea on wax on the destroyed room compilation.

Mortte Jousimo 06.01.2015 12:30 AM

Donīt personally need reissues cause already have them, but when watching the prices in the second hand copies in Discogs, I really understand you. It seems Washing Machine is more rare than Experimental, maybe Geffen took smaller pressing from it?

BTW Diamond Sea in Destroyed is different version as in Washing Machine, itīs that longer single version.

ann ashtray 06.01.2015 03:24 AM

I've been waiting for both of these for awhile as well. A bit odd being that their 80's catalog has been reissued more than once over the past few years.

Mortte Jousimo 06.01.2015 06:36 AM

Well, I think they were much more famous in the eighties than nineties. At least in the end of decades.

greenlight 06.01.2015 03:11 PM

ask Moshe. he might get some answers. ..?

ann ashtray 06.02.2015 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mortte Jousimo
Well, I think they were much more famous in the eighties than nineties. At least in the end of decades.

No way. They are far more "known" by their 90's output. During the 90's, and now.

goo, dirty, blah

Mortte Jousimo 06.02.2015 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ann ashtray
No way. They are far more "known" by their 90's output. During the 90's, and now.

goo, dirty, blah

Maybe this is Europe-thing, or maybe just in Finland, but here I think they kind of "disappear" after Experimental. I know also some of my friends who havenīt bought any of their albums after Experimental.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 06.02.2015 10:28 AM

Wait, washing machine is hard to find? amazon has the cd at 3.99 so are we talking vinyl? I can understand why EJSTNS is available cuz well, its least of the sonic albums.. well, i did recently realize its not as bad as i remembered.. but still can see that a few (thousand) copies might be sitting on some shelves

evollove 06.02.2015 02:10 PM

Is most of the Washing Machine extras likely to be that German show, the Hallucinogenic Preserve thing?

I wish they'd release more live stuff. I thought they had a vault to clean out.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 06.02.2015 02:19 PM

Would definitely like some official live stuff.. speaking of which The Dead are releasing a Dicks Picks box set.. rumors are that it includes 79 shows..

evollove 06.02.2015 02:26 PM

Speaking of which, own Jerry Garcia's Mutron 3 for $6750.

https://reverb.com/item/485022-jerry-garcia-s-mutron-3

Mortte Jousimo 06.03.2015 12:44 AM

Really like to have also some vinyls from their live shows around the Washing Machine. Also ATL, according to Chris ATL songs have sounded much better in live (I havenīt heard them, really love ATL sounding).

Mortte Jousimo 06.05.2015 12:37 AM

This is really interesting:
http://www.levykauppax.fi/artist/son...and_leaves/#lp

When Washing Machine is so rare in vinyl, itīs very odd they claim in Levykauppa Äx that Thousand Leaves is available as in new vinyl! There is nothing in Discogs about re-release, so maybe there are left some old copies. Whatīs really odd there is no information about the pressing (according to discogs there are four different versions from the year 1998). But Levykauppa äx doesnīt have it in their shops, there is only information itīs available to them and one can have it within 3-10 days. So itīs always possible when somebody tries to order it, they say itīs not available anymore. Also it seems there are second hand copies in discogs and not very pricy. I think this is also odd, why Washing Machine is rare & ATL not? I donīt believe they take in the nineties much more copies of ATL than Washing Machine. Well itīs of course possible that people donīt want to sell as much Washing Machine than ATL.

halgreen 06.05.2015 02:47 AM

Is it cuz they did ATL thru My So Called Records? 1995+6 seemed like good years for SY and people might try to capitalize on that via secondhand record sales.

Mortte Jousimo 06.05.2015 06:04 AM

There is just one vinyl version through My So Called Records, other US-version is through Goofin, then there are Geffen Europe & Japan versions. I think they release ATL vinyl through My So Called Records, because some reason Geffen vinyls came lot later than cd:s.