Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   The board is utterly fucked - time for a change (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=123764)

_tunic_ 04.24.2022 05:50 AM

four

_tunic_ 04.24.2022 05:51 AM

_tunic_ 04.24.2022 05:51 AM

hmmm still not broken ???

Chris Lawrence 04.24.2022 09:36 AM

What do you think triggers the breakage? A second page?

_tunic_ 04.24.2022 10:29 AM

yes indeed. It would not create the next page when the current page reached it's maximum posts (which is 20). The way to recover would be to add another post and then delete an older post, something like that. But apparently it didn't break. It must be Sunday :-)

The Soup Nazi 04.24.2022 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _tunic_
yes indeed. It would not create the next page when the current page reached it's maximum posts (which is 20). The way to recover would be to add another post and then delete an older post, something like that. But apparently it didn't break. It must be Sunday :-)

OR, it's fixed forever and we can stay here until the zombie apocaypse!

greenlight 05.02.2022 01:01 PM

I am so happy it is working again. One more month to go to finish UNI and I will def. spend more time on here.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 05.02.2022 07:38 PM

hard to believe people still post here

you guys are legends trapped in time

Chris Lawrence 05.02.2022 11:56 PM

I just got a private message from a spambot, so I guess that's a thing now?

The Soup Nazi 05.03.2022 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Lawrence

Can "bot" (in this meaning/context) be used as a verb? If so, who the fuck would bot this place anyway? Who the bot!

!@#$%! 05.06.2022 07:53 AM

Quote:

i keep reading this and laughing at the situation and trying to post something but i don't know what :D

wiiowg 05.07.2022 12:24 PM

testt

!@#$%! 05.07.2022 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i keep reading this and laughing at the situation and trying to post something but i don't know what :D

ok i figured out what to say finally

1. i'm really sorry you mods have to deal with this endless and now brazen shit.

2. were you able to update to the latest software version? because as i posted before, it's still being made... https://www.vbulletin.com/

3. and if nothing can actually be done except suffer... laughter still relieves pain :D

Chris Lawrence 05.08.2022 09:13 AM

I don't know about the other mods but I know zero about the hosting/maintenance of this forum. I don't communicate with anybody about it, we were literally just given moderator status to deal with the crazy amounts of spam that started to appear about a decade ago. When the board goes thru its various mood swings I'm on the same unloaded page as you. I've poked around a bit to find various backdoors in the forum (some people have asked to have their accounts deleted entirely) but I don't think I'm supposed to be tinkering with anything so I don't. :)

!@#$%! 05.08.2022 12:59 PM

Quote:

I don't know about the other mods but I know zero about the hosting/maintenance of this forum. I don't communicate with anybody about it, we were literally just given moderator status to deal with the crazy amounts of spam that started to appear about a decade ago.

damn, that sounds like a very unpleasant task to be performing manually in this day and age. i hope you're at least getting compensated in 200 gram vinyl or something.

the updated software has tools to assist your labor in those salt mines. various security and other admin functions are outlined in the vendor's pages, and i'm sure customer service would be able to help non-technical admins. but the powers that be would have to fork out $15 a month or whatever to runs things off their cloud (easier that running one's own server these days).

anyway, to you and moshe and stu and everyone else performing these chores under the current conditions: you have my thanks, and also my sympathies. but damn...