Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Brian Molko On Sonic Youth. (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=36782)

Adolfo 12.27.2009 11:44 PM

Brian Molko On Sonic Youth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxROd6NtLdc

Anyone knows what documentary is this footage from? :confused:

pokkeherrie 12.28.2009 02:58 AM

I feel dirty for knowing who Brian Molko is.

SuperCreep 12.28.2009 03:38 AM

what's a "brian molko"?

_slavo_ 12.28.2009 04:21 AM

A rare, yet very dangerous disease. A fellow poster with the nickname "Keeping it Simple" seems to be showing the symptoms.

mil_pl 12.28.2009 05:00 AM

if he likes sonik tooth, I'm not anymore. sorry guys. spend really good time with you here. take care.

_slavo_ 12.28.2009 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mil_pl
if he likes sonik tooth, I'm not anymore. sorry guys. spend really good time with you here. take care.

dowidzenia

greedrex 12.28.2009 05:36 AM

here is a Molko Orgasm for you all pervs to enjoy.

Trasher02 12.28.2009 06:16 AM

What's up with the cowboy hat in the orgasm video?

Alan ciccone 12.28.2009 08:50 AM

Placebo's fan cub was called Silver Rocket.

atsonicpark 12.28.2009 09:41 AM

Placebo was originally called ashtray heart, after the Beefheart classic.

Placebo have like 3 really, truly great albums.

Glice 12.28.2009 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adolfo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxROd6NtLdc

Anyone knows what documentary is this footage from? :confused:

It was on channel four about 8 years ago. It was around the time of A Thousand Leaves. It was part of a series on 'living legends', possibly called 'channel four introduces...'. There was one on Neil Young and that sort of fair. Although, having said that, ATL was released a few years before. Regardless, I'm pretty sure I was about 19 at the time, so 8-ish years ago.

Interesting story, I posted on a message board to see if anyone had taped it, as I was down the pub the night it was on. A girl replied who I later 'did the thing' with, and she's one of my best mates to this day (and would probably be mortified if she knew I was saying this).

Glice 12.28.2009 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Placebo was originally called ashtray heart, after the Beefheart classic.

Placebo have like 3 really, truly great albums.

Placebo got me into SY, as it happens. I stopped listening around the time of their second album, and stopped buying the albums around the 4th, but they'll always have a special place in my heart (what a gayer).

Toilet & Bowels 12.28.2009 03:58 PM

placebo, haha!

Alan ciccone 12.28.2009 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glice
Placebo got me into SY, as it happens. I stopped listening around the time of their second album, and stopped buying the albums around the 4th, but they'll always have a special place in my heart (what a gayer).

I have to admit that too. i remember a press shot of Molko in a dingy looking toilet with the names of about 8 artists that he loved written behind on the wall in marker. PJ Harvey Patti Smith and Sonic Youth are the ones I can remember as being there

Derek 12.28.2009 05:43 PM

Placebo also have a song named Ashtray Heart on their new album but it's not a cover and there's no way I'm going to listen to anything recent by Placebo.

Their first album RULES though, honestly the guitars are Goo-era Sonic Youth tenfold.

atsonicpark 12.29.2009 12:00 AM

Self-titled, without you I'm nothing, and sleeping with ghosts are great. Always great guitar tones and usually great guitar riffs. Actually, they'd be a supergreat band if the lyrics weren't so distractingly bad.

GeneticKiss 12.29.2009 02:14 AM

It seems most of the people who genuinely hate Placebo are from England, whereas in America people either like them or have never really heard of them. Same thing goes for Therapy?...

Anyway, I like a handful of Placebo songs, and love Therapy?

But why does it bother certain people if a mainstream band names an underground/indie band as an influence or simply dares to say they like them?

Oh, and he's wrong about SY never having recorded a song in standard. Mildred Pierce is in standard.

SuperCreep 12.29.2009 03:47 AM

ohhhhhh, placebo!

their kate bush cover sucks.

atsonicpark 12.29.2009 05:03 AM

Wasn't the self titled ep in standard, too?

SYRFox 12.29.2009 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeneticKiss
It seems most of the people who genuinely hate Placebo are from England, whereas in America people either like them or have never really heard of them. Same thing goes for Therapy?...

It might be because they get reallly overplayed there in Europe. Well I can't speak for England but in France, whenever they release an album you can't tune on a radio or TV without hearing one of their songs. Well, I don't listen to the radio anymore, but I remember when Song To Say Goodbye was released, I even kind of liked it at first, but then I heard it so much (I did not listen to the radio at the time either but you could not go in a shop or something without hearing it!) that I came to really hate it.