Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What if SY split today? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=13735)

Rob Instigator 06.08.2007 08:31 AM

describing them to generations would be hard.I would do it like this,

"Have you ever heard random sounds forming into a melody, and the ahve you heard a melody build and crescendo, and then have you heard that same melody shattered into a thousand pieces and then ahve you heard al those pieces slowly gather themselves back up into a semblance of the original melody? that is sonic youth!"

sonic youth splitting up would suck. they are WAY more important than my own personal life problems.

Rob Instigator 06.08.2007 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by val-holla-ing
if only it were fronted by matisyahu.

hahahaha!!! Matisyahoooooo

what a doof!

screamingskull 06.08.2007 08:35 AM

lets not even discuss it, sonic youth will never split up or die, they will live forever.

sonicl 06.08.2007 08:37 AM

I expect I'd probably wither away and die.

king_buzzo 06.08.2007 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny Himself
I'd egg Kim and Thurston's house.

Yes. That seems to be the best way.

lukin 06.09.2007 04:45 AM

WOuld described them as the the most famous unfamous band ever. They are the only one I know that has pretty much the same amount of fans the whole time, not to big so the become a sellout and not to small so the can live on it. I mean anyone should be interested in that kind of a band

pbradley 06.09.2007 04:56 AM

I would convince my self that it was some conspiracy that everything disappeared and when I couldn't find any anything I would start thinking that I lost my mind. Next thing you know, I'll be muttering to myself in a homeless shelter in New York City.

demonrail666 06.09.2007 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
"Have you ever heard random sounds forming into a melody, and the ahve you heard a melody build and crescendo, and then have you heard that same melody shattered into a thousand pieces and then ahve you heard al those pieces slowly gather themselves back up into a semblance of the original melody?"

Wow, i'd wanna listen to THAT band.

HECKLER SPRAY 06.09.2007 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
Wow, i'd wanna listen to THAT band.

Try this :
http://sonicyouth.com/archives/mp3-selector/index.html:D

something 06.09.2007 05:20 AM

hang my self with a beat down amp cord

kenning 06.09.2007 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
By wiped I mean everything is magically wiped. So that means any trace of their existence anywhere.

Then every time and every way I attempt to describe them to future generations would be itself "magically wiped." I would not be able to make a "trace of their existence anywhere."

syntax-free 06.09.2007 11:09 PM

paris hilton is not innocent... haha just wanted to say that.

Dead-Air 06.09.2007 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarramkrop
The personal would mix way too much with things that are not that important. Sonic Youth splitting is much more ok than my own personal problems. They're not that important.

I'm kind of the opposite. They've held together so well compared to me and my problems. I can't imagine having gone through my divorce without getting Thurston to sign a Patti Smith album for my ex-wife and playing Washing Machine over and over back in '95. I swear they must have released that album just because of where I was emotionally!

As for answering the original question, Rob took care of that perfectly. Nothing to add.

Magic Wheel Memory 06.11.2007 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dead-Air
I can't imagine having gone through my divorce without getting Thurston to sign a Patti Smith album for my ex-wife and playing Washing Machine over and over back in '95. I swear they must have released that album just because of where I was emotionally!

Funny you should say that. My marriage started to fall apart right around the time when the first Rather Ripped tracks were released on SY's myspace page. It was a pretty depressing time, but Incinerate really helped pick up my spirits.