Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Lightbulb debut recording! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=12390)

Moshe 04.19.2007 02:23 PM

Lightbulb debut recording!

Coco Moore, Rozee Leon and Addie Coley's band to release a studio album soon:

http://www.heresee.com/lightbulb.htm

This is the release we have all been waiting for.... technically they are 12 now, but this was recorded when they were 11 and it is a mindblower. Coming soonish will be their studio album which is already recorded and just needs to be mixed down (by master mixer tharper) and pressed. WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW
hs 072 cdr
lightbulb: live first show

Danny Himself 04.19.2007 05:16 PM

Coco Mo.

Hilarious.

!@#$%! 04.19.2007 05:21 PM

oh god no. children of artists should go on to different fields. even if it's art, but something unsoiled by the parents. o well.

Bal 04.19.2007 05:22 PM

please say its not true.

scott v 04.19.2007 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hipster_bebop_junkie
That´s one hell of an amazing success for a band compossed by teenagers.

But i kind of feel like this is something that pretty well could have been posted on April Fool´s Day or something.

April Fools Day? but apparantely this is a real band...
i think its cool, let them do what they want i'm sure thats what their parents are allowing them to do and its something fun and constructive and not something mundane and typical like playing video games and barbie dolls.

RdTv 04.19.2007 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
oh god no. children of artists should go on to different fields. even if it's art, but something unsoiled by the parents. o well.

Good point, I see where you're going.

BUT

I think that regardless of Kim and Thurston's ''stature'' in the music industry, if Kim and Thurston were the same people just not in a band, Coco would still probably be doing what she is.

!@#$%! 04.19.2007 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RdTv
Good point, I see where you're going.

BUT

I think that regardless of Kim and Thurston's ''stature'' in the music industry, if Kim and Thurston were the same people just not in a band, Coco would still probably be doing what she is.

i don't know. where are picasso's children? one used to make perfumes i think. where are joyce's children? making up lawsuits. is kiefer sutherland as good as donald is/was? living under the shadow of a successful parent is difficult enough, attempting to be successful in the same field, well. is martin amis half the writer kingsley was? need i mention sean lennon? what about the other, even more obscure? on the other hand, alexander calder came from a family of engineers.

but anyway, they are kids, they are playing, what the hell! as long as it remains child's play and nobody tries to sell me a "band", because then unfortunately comparisons ensue.

nicolas cage who used to be a good actor had the good sense of changing his "coppola" last name.

i dont know, im just rambling, i wish them the most wonderful life & hence my nosy & unrequested concern.

on a vaguely related note, last night i watch the milkman ballet that those school kids put together, and it was absolutely wonderful.

krastian 04.20.2007 12:33 AM

I love how they switch instruments.....fucking right.

Tokolosh 04.20.2007 04:11 AM

I would always encourage my kids (If I had any) to get into the arts. Painting, music, etc.
It's a good thing and I wish them the best.

nicfit 04.20.2007 04:35 AM

I have no idea what they sound like, but if the album is good, everyone is gonna say "Thurston wrote all their songs!" ;) !
Anyways, I think that Coco (with her bandmates, whoever they are...) have all the rights in this world to start a band and record something and have a label willing to put out their stuff, after all if it's good stuff we'll listen and have fun , if it's bad nobody will force you to listen it.
I'm pretty sure every single kid in the world would start a band if in his/her house there were "available" like 40 guitars and 30 basses (what the fu*k is the bass in that pic???).
My only hope, if they're bad I don't want SY to bring them around as their opening act :) .

Pookie 04.20.2007 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokolosh
I would always encourage my kids (If I had any) to get into the arts. Painting, music, etc.

Absolutely. My problem is that I'm very unartistic and unmusical myself.

whorefrost 04.20.2007 05:09 AM

ha! there is a track of theirs on the Ecstatic Peace Sweet Release # 3. It's actually quite decent! Sort of like Shaggs or something. Also included on that disc is a fantastic video of Vashti Bashers which is J Mascis and two other cats on drums plus Dredd Foole on reverb soaked vocals. Totally life-affirming.

sonicl 04.20.2007 05:19 AM

Wasn't Cody Ranaldo briefly in a band, with Jad Fair's kid (or possibly with Jad Fair himself)? I seem to remember some sort of a Kurt Cobain tribute song.

EDIT - Yes, it was The Stinky Puffs.

hirsute_biped 04.20.2007 07:37 PM

battle of the bands (sonic progeny episode): stinky puffs VS. lightbulb

Go!

PAULYBEE2656 04.21.2007 04:13 AM

i wish the girls all the best in their lightbulb world... i think its great!

Trasher02 04.21.2007 04:25 AM

I think it's great for them but I can't stop thinking that this isn't going to work out.

nicfit 04.21.2007 04:29 AM

For justin and britney it worked.
(ha ha, it's a joke.)

Trasher02 04.21.2007 05:12 AM

Can you listen to their songs somewhere?

PAULYBEE2656 04.21.2007 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trasher02
I think it's great for them but I can't stop thinking that this isn't going to work out.

i dont think this is a serious job opportunity for the moore/gordon foundation or anything. how many of you guys wee in bands at 15, how many of you guys made it from the same band at 15? the kids are gonna have some fun and noisy fun, that is what this is about, thats what bands should be about. the excitementof a 15 year old starting up a band is brilliant for them regardless of their talent....... it does help that they have ready access to a warehouse of equipment instruments and indeed influences......

btw, is that coley girl byrons daughter??????????????????

jennthebenn 04.21.2007 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAULYBEE2656
i dont think this is a serious job opportunity for the moore/gordon foundation or anything. how many of you guys wee in bands at 15, how many of you guys made it from the same band at 15? the kids are gonna have some fun and noisy fun, that is what this is about, thats what bands should be about. the excitementof a 15 year old starting up a band is brilliant for them regardless of their talent....... it does help that they have ready access to a warehouse of equipment instruments and indeed influences......

btw, is that coley girl byrons daughter??????????????????

yes it is...i remember thurston saying in an interview she and coco were
born in the same week in '94.