Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Electric Factory poster (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=32576)

Moshe 07.01.2009 05:22 AM

Electric Factory poster

Bal 07.01.2009 05:23 AM

wooooot
this looks superb!

Moshe 07.01.2009 05:33 AM

it does!

arepeatingloop 07.01.2009 08:08 AM

heads of state always do great posters.

notyourfiend 07.01.2009 11:24 AM

oh, that's neat. i'm going to be at that show...anybody else? i've never been to the electric factory (or to a show in philli for that matter...) and I was wondering if anybody could tell me what the venue is like.

deflinus 07.01.2009 12:26 PM

seeing shows in philly is fun. i'm going to this show. i've never been to the venue i don't think. it seems like a small intimate place, which i like a lot. i'm not looking forward to driving there.. ugh

anyone else going?

notyourfiend 07.01.2009 02:03 PM

yes, i will be there with my partner. exciting! i will also be driving (which i'm not looking foward to either). yeah, i chose to go to the show in philli rather than new york city (where im currently residing) because it seemed like a more intimate venue. i've enjoyed their shows better when their have been less people in the audience (although river to river last year was a dream come true). plus the tickets were almost $20 cheeper...

does anybody know anything about the parking situation?

see you there? i'll be a short curly haired girl with a video camera up front.

deflinus 07.01.2009 02:27 PM

yeah the tickets were way cheaper. i'm going to the new york show too. two sonic youth shows back to back. so i'm pretty psyched. they have parking garages around the area, if you don't mind paying the extra cash. they have them all over the area

ill be the spanish guy with the black hair hanging in the back, ha

canvasseamonkey 07.01.2009 02:44 PM

Electric Factory Info.

I've been to the venue a few times, its pretty small (large rectangular with a high ceiling). you can definitely work your way to the front before the take the stage though. Crowds seem to float in last minute.

There is an upstairs L-shaped bar above the main room that gives a good view.

Parking. I have parked in the lot at the building (if you get there at like 3pm the gates will be open but you wont have to pay. haha) There are other lots around the block that the guards direct you to when the lot gets full

forgot to mention, south street is like a 20 minute walk away so you can get a few beers and a cheesesteak

deflinus 07.01.2009 02:50 PM

thanks for the info, man!

canvasseamonkey 07.01.2009 03:03 PM

np guys. any more questions i will try to field them
see you there ladies and germs

SuperCreep 07.01.2009 03:04 PM

I'm going to be there as well. Anyone know what time SY should go on with Kurt Vile and Entrance Band opening? I'm relying on shitty public transit since I'm not going to have a car tomorrow. I hope I don't have to play "beat the clock" going back.

Moshe 07.01.2009 03:32 PM

kurt vile 8:30
entrance band 9:30
sonic youth 10:20

SuperCreep 07.01.2009 03:37 PM

sheeot. going to have to figure out something else then.

thanks, Moshe!

notyourfiend 07.01.2009 03:38 PM

Awesome. I'll be sure to get there on time just to ensure that I can sneak my way to the very front and hopefully get to have Thurston crowd surf against me during a noise interlude as he did during my first Sonic show.

I really, really, really wanted to get tickets for the New York show but I'm dirt poor living off of meager AmeriCorps wages (hooray for food stamps?!) These tickets are technically my college graduation gift from the 'rents (although neither of them are really sure why I wanted to see a band I've seen so many times before instead of, say, having a nice dinner.) I entered a couple of raffles to get free Friday tickets though so hopefully I too will be there both nights.

See ya!

drrrtyboots 07.01.2009 09:17 PM

I'll be going, very excited. I'm really psyched that Kurt Vile got added, he's pretty fantastic.

Deniedwings 07.02.2009 08:33 AM

I really hope it doesnt sell out..I dont have a ticket yet but I'm hoping I can get one at the door

barnaclelapse 07.02.2009 09:51 AM

Ooooo...pretty.

Wish I could go.

writergeek313 07.02.2009 01:22 PM

I'm coming down from central PA for the show tonight. How early are people planning to line up?

I'll be the tall woman with glasses in a black Ecstatic Peace t-shirt, probably on Lee's side.

joe11121 07.02.2009 03:04 PM

It looks like it'd be a great show, have a great time tonight those of you who are attending.