Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Has anyone here been impaled by a rhinocerous or bitten by a shark? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=15565)

davenotdead 08.16.2007 02:09 AM

Has anyone here been impaled by a rhinocerous or bitten by a shark?

I thought it'd be interesting to see the comparison...since so many people have a fear of sharks...but I think it's just irrational fear generated by media, and Steven Spielberg in particular...And there has never been a decent killer rhino movie...

edit-forgive my incorrect spelling of rhinoceros in the title.

Washing Machine 08.16.2007 02:38 AM

I have an irrational fear of Steven Spielberg if that counts...

Hell what am I saying its completely rational, everytime he makes another film I wanna crawl under a rock and arise when he stops making so many fucking cridgeworthy, everyone-asks-me-to-see-it-with-them-everyday films. Go Block your Buster Spielberg!

davenotdead 08.16.2007 02:41 AM

ah, lay off ol Stevie, he's a hard-workin jew with a hot daughter whom i hope to woo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 08.16.2007 02:54 AM

I've been bitten by a shark. If by shark you mean bitch.

sonicl 08.16.2007 03:06 AM

I've stepped on a weaver fish. Not nice at all.

Cantankerous 08.16.2007 03:08 AM

i've been pinched by a crab. no fun.

sonicl 08.16.2007 03:09 AM

Must... not... make... crab.... joke....

SynthethicalY 08.16.2007 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cantankerous
i've been pinched by a crab. no fun.

Did it dig deep?

Cantankerous 08.16.2007 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicl
Must... not... make... crab.... joke....

that's not funny!
yes it is.
no, it was on my knee when i was four or five. we were on vacation at a beach somewhere.

davenotdead 08.16.2007 03:17 AM

since i made him a poll option, perhaps i should give some support to the giraffe.

Cantankerous 08.16.2007 03:18 AM

giraffes are lovely. look at those pretty eyelashes.

davenotdead 08.16.2007 03:24 AM

yeah, no chin structure though...

nicfit 08.16.2007 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cantankerous
giraffes are lovely. look at those pretty eyelashes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by davenotdead
yeah, no chin structure though...

like the doll in catanky's sign, all included, except the tongue.
Ii've been stung by a couple bees, that's all animals ever did to me. A couple jellyfish have been bad to me too. Nothing major, I don't want them to extinct. Now, what about a shark with rhino horns??? THAT would make for a great movie.

pbradley 08.16.2007 03:30 AM

I caught a shark once when fishing. One of the biggest "what the fuck!?" moments of my life.

Cantankerous 08.16.2007 03:33 AM

once i caught a baby stingray in florida.

sonicl 08.16.2007 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicfit
Now, what about a shark with rhino horns??? THAT would make for a great movie.

Not quite what you're looking for, but how does "When Swordfish Attack" sound? A toxic spill in the Mediterranean leads to a genetic mutation: savage marauding swordfish with the ability to fly.

nicfit 08.16.2007 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicl
Not quite what you're looking for, but how does "When Swordfish Attack" sound? A toxic spill in the Mediterranean leads to a genetic mutation: savage marauding swordfish with the ability to fly.

Some people actually died for injuries caused by swordfishes jumping out of the water and into their stomachs (stomaches??), but that's a nice idea... or is that a real movie? :o:D. Thanks for the R-a-R again, btw (forgot to pm you)!!!.

Tokolosh 08.16.2007 03:47 AM

I was once chased by a male ostrich in heat. Managed to get away by crossing a stream.
I also got stung by a scorpion on my butt when I sat down on a log at a campsite.
Doesn't match a shark bite or rhino stampede though.

sonicl 08.16.2007 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicfit
Some people actually died for injuries caused by swordfishes jumping out of the water and into their stomachs (stomaches??), but that's a nice idea... or is that a real movie? :o:D.

No, I made that one up, but now I think about it, it is rather similar to one of the Piranha movies - possibly the second one.

EDIT:

Pookie 08.16.2007 03:52 AM

I've had a giraffe's ear imbedded in my head.

It was a toy plastic one, but it hurt as much as if it were real, let me tell you.