Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   BAD MOON RISING is MINE!!! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=11873)

Rob Instigator 04.02.2007 12:07 PM

BAD MOON RISING is MINE!!!

YAY! My sonic youth vinyl collection gets closer to completion!!
I just got , from hawaii, on ebay, BAD MOON RISING, original press, vinyl, perfect condition, with interior sleeve!

mine all mine!

Washing Machine 04.02.2007 12:24 PM

Awesome...Its one of my vinyl wants

The only think I dont like is the green strips down the side, it kinda ruins an awesome cover

screamingskull 04.02.2007 12:27 PM

wow congrat's!!, have you got EVOL on vinyl yet?

Rob Instigator 04.02.2007 12:57 PM

:( I still have to get EVOL and SISTER on vinyl.

But it gives me something to hunt for when I hit the record stores!

!@#$%! 04.02.2007 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
YAY! My sonic youth vinyl collection gets closer to completion!!
I just got , from hawaii, on ebay, BAD MOON RISING, original press, vinyl, perfect condition, with interior sleeve!

mine all mine!

brilliant score. congratulations!

can i be a bit jealous? not in a bad way... i just want one too but i don't want to pay a small fortune for it...

Quote:

Originally Posted by screamingskull
wow congrat's!!, have you got EVOL on vinyl yet?

oh, don't mention the E word or i'll cry like a child-- this is my favorite sonic youth record & i feverishly dream of the day when we'll see the evol deluxe reissue...

Rob Instigator 04.02.2007 04:58 PM

dream and dream my friend, for we never know when those dreams will come to fruition, or IF they will.

I ahve been looking for a great quality BMR vinyl for 7 years now. FUCK!!!! the search is over!

Bal 04.02.2007 05:37 PM

how much did you pay for it:?
dyou also have cis and sonic death on vinyl?

Rob Instigator 04.03.2007 09:00 AM

I paid $12.00 for the BMR.
YEAH!

I have CIS on vinyl (SST re-issue) but I do not thibnk sonic death came out on vinyl. someone correct me if I am wrong. I have the original cassette where, just like the cassette for the first EP< the second side is the first side backwards.

LittlePuppetBoy 04.03.2007 09:11 AM

congrats Rob! That is a sweet album, one of my favourites.

DeathValley89 04.03.2007 11:50 AM

You lucky SOB!!! ^^ I saw the CD version at a local second hand store... ang got Goo instead... :( oh, well...

Chris Lawrence 04.03.2007 04:27 PM

congrats, man! SISTER was my white whale, but i got that on vinyl last year, finally, on ebay (in a package w/ bad moon + the first SY ep--NOT reissue--for ridiculously cheap). i even gave BAD MOON to my friend, cuz he loves it so, and i already have it on vinyl...

now i just need to round out the geffen years...jet set, washing machine, ghosts n flowers. you fucking fat white, corporate whales.

OH--And...the reason i replied, actually! my BAD MOON lp didn't come w/ an insert at all, and somebody else graciously provided me w/ a scan of their one-sided sleeve, w/ just the lyrics all cropped together and maybe a giant pumpkin in the back, i forget. is this what you have?

Rob Instigator 04.03.2007 04:31 PM

yes, all the lyrics are diagonal on the square paper and there is a greyscale burning pumpkin on the back

Danny Himself 04.03.2007 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Lawrence
now i just need to round out the geffen years...jet set, washing machine, ghosts n flowers. you fucking fat white, corporate whales.

If you'd like scans of my promo copy of jetset, I'd gladly provide them.

And yeah, the lyric sheet is as described above for my copy too.

SonicSam 04.03.2007 06:53 PM

Today I managed to get the bad moon rising, confusion is sex and sister LPs in oxfam! All for £8....score!

HaydenAsche 04.03.2007 06:56 PM

I have Sister, BMR, and DDN.

EvdWee 04.04.2007 03:08 AM

i got the russian ddn edition :rolleyes:

Jef Mertens 04.04.2007 04:14 AM

I've got the Bad Moon Rising LP without the original innersleeve unfortunately. I do have a very rare original 7" for Death Valley 69 on Iridescence. Years ago reissued on SLR I believe.

It's the single that got flooded before the lp release which got outsold by the single.

sun city girl 04.04.2007 05:00 AM

but EVOL is the one to have on vinyl... the cd-version of Xpressway misses the eternal loop...

but i do have all the 80's albums on vinyl and most singles too. actually i don't have sonik death (was it ever on vinyl?), kill yr idols and walls have ears.

Rob Instigator 04.04.2007 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicSam
Today I managed to get the bad moon rising, confusion is sex and sister LPs in oxfam! All for £8....score!

what??? whata fucking DEAL!!!!!!! congrats! send me the SISTER!

Rob Instigator 04.04.2007 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvdWee
i got the russian ddn edition :rolleyes:

the russian one looks awesome, all cold war sonic youth