Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Pixies in Dublin (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=32519)

Alan ciccone 06.29.2009 07:16 PM

Pixies in Dublin

Pixies are playing two shows in the Olympia theatre in October. Tickets go on sale this Friday. I imagine it will be Worse than getting tix for Miley cyrus but just thought I'd let all Irish boys know

PAULYBEE2656 06.30.2009 10:40 AM

i saw tyhem in 1991 at the pint...stunning gig... saw them again atb the joke of all venues the pheonix park with red hot chilli willies and they were lamentably dissappointing, then they announced another reunio tour and i went, fuck it..no more..

i wont be at the pixies gig..but great opportunity to see them in a small venue..... actually i may go it...

negative8ball 06.30.2009 11:51 AM

Apparently the next leg of the tour (this show included, I'd assume) is going to involve Trompe Le Monde in it's entirety with all b-sides and such, so that should be cool.

Saw them on the first lap of the reunion tour - it was pretty good. Not life altering - but a solid show nonetheless...

luckynumber9 06.30.2009 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by negative8ball
Apparently the next leg of the tour (this show included, I'd assume) is going to involve Trompe Le Monde in it's entirety with all b-sides and such, so that should be cool.

Saw them on the first lap of the reunion tour - it was pretty good. Not life altering - but a solid show nonetheless...

They're playing Doolittle and all it's b-sides, not Trompe le Monde

PAULYBEE2656 06.30.2009 12:22 PM

we got a slow wave of mutilation, baileys walk, make believe and and a couple of covers? short gig then!!!

negative8ball 06.30.2009 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luckynumber9
They're playing Doolittle and all it's b-sides, not Trompe le Monde

Sorry, yes... don't know why I typed Trompe... thanks.

jerf 07.01.2009 11:26 PM

must be the cool thing to do now, go out and play a whole album live. seems like every band is doing it lately. i would love to see them play doolittle through, its one of my favorite albums. last i checked, theyre not coming to the states?

SuperCreep 07.01.2009 11:36 PM

They'll come to the States sometime in the fall, I'm guessing. I'm really torn about going, though. They're easily one of my top 20 bands ever and I don't think I can pass up seeing them, but this tour reeks of "cash-in" especially now that they're playing all of Doolittle live. I don't know. I just don't want a bad live experience to put a damper on one of my favorite bands.

jerf 07.02.2009 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperCreep
They'll come to the States sometime in the fall, I'm guessing. I'm really torn about going, though. They're easily one of my top 20 bands ever and I don't think I can pass up seeing them, but this tour reeks of "cash-in" especially now that they're playing all of Doolittle live. I don't know. I just don't want a bad live experience to put a damper on one of my favorite bands.

going is better than sitting around not doing anything. so if you dont end up going, make sure whatever you do is really cool so you dont think, "man, i could be at a pixies concert right now."

barnaclelapse 07.03.2009 09:04 AM

I'd still love to see them live, personally.

I've heard mixed things about their last few shows, but the good ones definitely seem to outweigh the hell out of the "Meh" ones.

Kyohan 07.03.2009 03:51 PM

Got tickets for Dublin this morning. I haven't seen them since they reformed, but saw them a lot in the 90s. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out!

john k 07.04.2009 05:47 AM

if anyone has a spare ticket for dublin please give me a shout. they sold out in 2 mins yesterday