Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Of Deluxe Editions... (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=3935)

lovesonicevol 07.09.2006 01:54 AM

Of Deluxe Editions...

I have been enjoying the SY deluxe editions thouroughly, but I cant decide which is better. Dirty has a fair amount of besides and rehearsals, but Goo has practically every Goo song in raw form (-Scooter and Jinx) and the flexi interview is just wonderful. KAREN...............KAREN......................... ..........
Kim at her eeriest....haha. I guess the better of the two is self opinion. What should the next deluxe edition be? Or is there already news of the next one that i haven't heard?

swimsuitissue 07.09.2006 01:57 AM

How about Daydream Nation or Murray Street?

lovesonicevol 07.09.2006 02:01 AM

Yea I was definitly thinking Daydream Nation. I sadly dont even own Murray Street yet. I am very soon going to order $220 worth of SY stuff from the online store. I need to pick up on my SY collection. I have 12 of their albums, but that is not enough.

Danny Himself 07.09.2006 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swimsuitissue
How about Daydream Nation or Murray Street?

Neither of those are deluxe'd. Unless you meant that they should be. I've always been interested in what shit got left out of DDN. Murray Street leftovers are pretty easy to find anyway.

Fox 07.09.2006 10:02 AM

I think the next to be deluxed is gonna be Daydream Nation ; but I would like to have a Deluxe Bad Moon Rising.

Between Dirty DX and Goo DX my preference goes to Dirty... I love the fact that you can hear tracks in differents moments of developments: it's a bit like SYR1 and 2...

against_the_grain 07.09.2006 10:12 AM

I'm awaiting Goo and Dirty deluxified. I kinda wish they'd do what many other bands do....put extras, demos, alternates on disc 1....and a LIVE show for disc 2 !!! Something from the era of the original album.....so maybe with DN....

Danny Himself 07.09.2006 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by against_the_grain
I'm awaiting Goo and Dirty deluxified. I kinda wish they'd do what many other bands do....put extras, demos, alternates on disc 1....and a LIVE show for disc 2 !!! Something from the era of the original album.....so maybe with DN....

I'd love a 4-disc DDN deluxe.

Original album remastered on disc 1, Outtakes, Alternates, Demos on disc 2, Live Show on disc 3, and some sort of DVD on disc 4.

lovesonicevol 07.09.2006 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny Himself

Original album remastered on disc 1, Outtakes, Alternates, Demos on disc 2, Live Show on disc 3, and some sort of DVD on disc 4.

That would be sonic insanity!

LifeDistortion 07.09.2006 12:10 PM

I wonder if SY could put out a "Making of Daydream Nation" DVD. Where they could show footage of them rehearsing songs, recording rough early versions of songs, and then showing them after the album has come out, with promotion spots and of course, concert footage during the tour for DN. Since its such a landmark album not just in SY's carrer but in rock N' roll music, it should really just get "the Works" so to speak.

swimsuitissue 07.09.2006 12:33 PM

Quote:

It would be the most perfect CD package ever!

finding nobody 07.09.2006 01:40 PM

i would like te see daydream nation or some old stuff reissued

"i hope goo is an popular name for expectant parents in the 90s"

lovesonicevol 07.09.2006 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finding nobody
i would like te see daydream nation or some old stuff reissued

"i hope goo is an popular name for expectant parents in the 90s"

I love that interview on Goo disc2!

swimsuitissue 07.09.2006 06:31 PM

Quote:

Neither of those are deluxe'd. Unless you meant that they should be. I've always been interested in what shit got left out of DDN. Murray Street leftovers are pretty easy to find anyway.

It would be nice and pretty convenient I might add to have those Murray Street leftovers all in one place though. :D

sonic sphere 07.10.2006 01:14 PM

if i had to choose between the 2 deluxe editions i'd go 4 goo