Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Why Aren't Eyeliner and Helen Lundeberg on U.S. RR? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=4775)

dazedcola 08.02.2006 02:10 PM

Why Aren't Eyeliner and Helen Lundeberg on U.S. RR?

What the fuck ! These two tracks are great, better than at least half of the tracks on the regular RR track listing. They should have been included on the record and reena and lights out could have been taken out. It would have made it a stronger record.Its strange that SY would leave better songs off their own album

Rob Instigator 08.02.2006 02:12 PM

fuck that
reena rules all
RULES ALLLLLLLL

lights out for YOU motherfucker!!!!!!

Trasher02 08.02.2006 02:14 PM

Because.
Europeans kick yr ass and we deserve and extra song becaus you motherfuckers get all the gigs and we get jack SHIT!
Except the extra song offcourse.

scott v 08.02.2006 02:15 PM

well while i mostly agree with you about how good those songs are, they really don't mesh well with any of the songs on Rather Ripped, those 2 songs were recorded before the album was recorded at Sear and were the last things done at Murray Street, they are alot more abrasive and harsh sounding songs where as Rather Ripped is clean and groovey in many ways, so it wouldn't make sense. though to my ears it would've been nice if the songs on Rather Ripped had a rougher edge (especially on the guitars) and a more of a "live" sound instead of polished clean pop driven album they prefered to make... ah well, can't have it all.

lunberg 08.02.2006 02:41 PM

Because records are too ex in Europe (15 € in a regular store when it's just been released, 20 afterwards). So gotta get us some extra stuff.

greenlight 08.02.2006 04:39 PM

yes, they sound different (better?), coz the reason scott have wrote about. why they aren't included on us version, well....

Rob Instigator 08.02.2006 04:59 PM

they are on 7"

I got em

doctor dan 08.02.2006 05:18 PM

they dont fit onto the album at all. to be perfectly honest, id be happier if they werent even on the cd. and im not just saying that because i baught them on 7" beforehand...

fluxequalsrad 08.02.2006 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trasher02
Because.
Europeans kick yr ass and we deserve and extra song becaus you motherfuckers get all the gigs and we get jack SHIT!
Except the extra song offcourse.

thats a pretty cool concept....is that why you guiys get bonus tracks?

Daycare Nation 08.03.2006 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazedcola
What the fuck ! These two tracks are great, better than at least half of the tracks on the regular RR track listing. They should have been included on the record and reena and lights out could have been taken out. It would have made it a stronger record.Its strange that SY would leave better songs off their own album

What??? Leave Reena off?

These two songs are obviously sub-par and should only have been released as they were, on single.

Cantankerous 08.03.2006 12:05 AM

i will say this one more time.

take it outside or shut the fuck up.

Daycare Nation 08.03.2006 12:07 AM

Shhh!!!!

kingcoffee 08.03.2006 01:27 AM

Reena fucking sucks. It's one of their wirst songs ever. The extra tracks off of Rather Ripped were much better than most of the tracks that are on the regular US version. Really dissapointed with SY on this release.