Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   sy on gilmore girls... (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=5264)

touch me i'm sick 08.19.2006 10:51 AM

sy on gilmore girls...

this is a disgrace

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyEN6qvujJE

top 40 squeeze 08.19.2006 12:36 PM

Fuck, these guys used to be punk.

Hey wanna go do some crimes?

Yeah, lets go get sushi and not pay.

finding nobody 08.19.2006 12:39 PM

The worst part was the horrible lip syncing

dazedcola 08.19.2006 01:00 PM

i dont think its a disgrace at all.So what if they did a cameo on gilmore girls ? Oh no, now i can never listen to them again! If any of you people on the board feel this way ill be more than happy to take your sonic youth records.

krastian 08.19.2006 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diesel
behave and get in the bar

That's the spirit.....you can always count on ol' Diesel.

acousticrock87 08.19.2006 07:23 PM

I have no problem with them being on the show at all. But I've never understood that clip.

kingcoffee 08.19.2006 08:17 PM

This is pretty fucking awful. Like really, really pathetic. There's no reason for SY to sink so low.

atari 2600 08.19.2006 10:52 PM

good one, top 40 squeeze

touch me i'm sick 08.19.2006 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazedcola
i dont think its a disgrace at all.So what if they did a cameo on gilmore girls ? Oh no, now i can never listen to them again! If any of you people on the board feel this way ill be more than happy to take your sonic youth records.

i'm not saying it's a disgrace that they're on the show. i'm saying it's a disgrace because of how they are presented on the show. did you even watch it?

k-krack 08.19.2006 10:55 PM

i watched it and thought it was corny as hell. kinda embarrassing.

Everyneurotic 08.19.2006 10:58 PM

i didn't know lee and steve left sonic youth.

Cantankerous 08.19.2006 11:18 PM

apparently Lou Pearlman is their manager nowadays.

dazedcola 08.19.2006 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by touch me i'm sick
i'm not saying it's a disgrace that they're on the show. i'm saying it's a disgrace because of how they are presented on the show. did you even watch it?

because theyre represented as people try to cash in on a trend or because they played a minor role? Its really ironic if its the former because sonic youth dont follow any kind of movement, thurston and kim im sure would have seen the humor in it.

Cantankerous 08.19.2006 11:35 PM

They agreed to do it because they like the show. I think that says a lot about them.

Chris Lawrence 08.19.2006 11:52 PM

kim and thurston got to use their fame to get their daughter a guest spot on one of her favorite shows. i can't see anything wrong with that.

i'd be curious to know how many of the people posting negative responses to this thread have actually seen the show, or if they're just basing their hatred on the assumption that it's another lame teen show? it's a really well-written, clever, touching show. what's the big deal?

Cantankerous 08.20.2006 12:37 AM

i'm not into "touching".

top 40 squeeze 08.20.2006 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atari 2600
good one, top 40 squeeze

cool, you got the reference, i guess it's just all part of the cosmic unconsciousness.

Ono Soul 08.20.2006 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Lawrence
kim and thurston got to use their fame to get their daughter a guest spot on one of her favorite shows. i can't see anything wrong with that.

i'd be curious to know how many of the people posting negative responses to this thread have actually seen the show, or if they're just basing their hatred on the assumption that it's another lame teen show? it's a really well-written, clever, touching show. what's the big deal?

You took the words right out of mouth. I to always assumed they did this because Coco is a fan of the show and I really don't see anything wrong with that. I think that's pretty sweet of them actually.

I've only watched a couple episodes but you're absolutely right. Compared to other teen shows of that type Gilmore Girls IS quite well written and all. In fact, it's really nothing like those other teen dramas. It's a slightly off beat, quirky little show. It is a bit too cute for my taste but I will admit I did enjoy the couple episodes I've seen. For one thing, I really like the little Asian girl that plays Rory's best friend. She's a hottie! :p

guitarpro 08.31.2006 06:02 PM

Thurston was rockin out