Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Lee Ranaldo & Leah Singer live in Belgium (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=695)

jean-nicolas 04.07.2006 02:05 PM

Lee Ranaldo & Leah Singer live in Belgium

Lee And Leah will be performing "drift" on the 24th of april at palais des beaux-arts de Bruxelles. 20:30

http://www.bozar.be/activity.php?id=6468&lng=en

pokkeherrie 04.07.2006 04:49 PM

wait, i'm confused... :confused:
is this an actual live perfomance or is it the showing of a newer version of the movie? i ask because it's listed as "projectie" instead of "concert". also the letters are in orange which is the color for the cinema category, but the description seems to suggest that they are performing it there live. can anybody shed more light on this?

edit: it would make sense if it's a live performance though, since it will be a few days after the sy show in paris.

edit edit
ok, i just saw this was listed on the news page... i really should pay more attention. :o

jean-nicolas 04.09.2006 05:08 AM

I hope so.

I hope it's a live performance.
I red the info on sonic youth site and on the site of the palais des beaux arts several times and to my understanding it's a live performance.
I'll be there and i'll tell if it was or wasn't.

greenlight 04.09.2006 06:06 AM

that's cool! didn't know about that. Lee's ambient!
jean-nicolas hope you going to write review of yours afterwards (or maybe recording,hehe)!

Kannibal 04.09.2006 06:40 AM

oh, noone else going?

jean-nicolas 04.09.2006 12:58 PM

Of course i'll do a review, and I'll also try to take pictures (If i find how to record it, i'll do it but i have no idea at the moment).

wim 04.09.2006 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jean-nicolas
I hope it's a live performance.
I red the info on sonic youth site and on the site of the palais des beaux arts several times and to my understanding it's a live performance.
I'll be there and i'll tell if it was or wasn't.

it will definitly be a live performance

SugarLips 04.09.2006 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wim
it will definitly be a live performance

has anyone seen the DVD of this.. I wanted to buy it .. the price is a litle high but I gues it's a cd and dvd?? just wondering if anyone has opinions on it..

:)

pokkeherrie 04.10.2006 06:07 AM

yes, it's 100% a live performance... also mentioned on the news page. i was just a bit confused at first reading.

greenlight 04.10.2006 09:46 AM

fuck, i'd like to be there!!!

Kannibal 04.10.2006 11:04 AM

pokkeherrie will be lame-o and not go?

bikinikillbillchillthrill 04.11.2006 01:25 PM

can't go to Brussels ... are there any other dates , any other countries??UK for example?? PLZZZ!!??!! Lee??

Kannibal 04.12.2006 11:03 AM

just poland, nothing else.

Jef Mertens 04.14.2006 01:41 AM

I'll be there as well.
Planning on a nice video-recording of the whole performance.

Trasher02 04.14.2006 02:44 AM

urgh... wish i could come, unfortunately i have a very busy schedule

greenlight 04.14.2006 02:00 PM

Jeff? so what's the story with filming performance in case of sy? is it leagal? do you need statement of the band? would organizers bothering you as well (once you have permission from the band and before you would show them such a permission?) I'm asking from position of spectactor, I don't know what's yr. involment is like, but i think more than just spectator who's filming the show.

Jef Mertens 04.15.2006 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenlight
Jeff? so what's the story with filming performance in case of sy? is it leagal? do you need statement of the band? would organizers bothering you as well (once you have permission from the band and before you would show them such a permission?) I'm asking from position of spectactor, I don't know what's yr. involment is like, but i think more than just spectator who's filming the show.

Yeah well, all I can say that most of the time the band doesn't mind taping, it's in most cases more to do with the venue. Like the organisation from the Cité de la musique last year, it was quite a struggle before that was arranged.

greenlight 04.17.2006 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jef Mertens
Yeah well, all I can say that most of the time the band doesn't mind taping, it's in most cases more to do with the venue. Like the organisation from the Cité de la musique last year, it was quite a struggle before that was arranged.

thanks!

Towie 04.18.2006 09:39 AM

I've got my ticket. 7 euro for an under-26, nice price.

sonicl 04.18.2006 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jef Mertens

On the subject of your video of the Cité de la musique show, Jef, is that going to see the light of day some time please? I so want to see a copy of that.