Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The flu is no joke (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=8505)

EyeballGrowth 11.29.2006 02:41 AM

The flu is no joke

i just got out of bed for the 1st time in 48 hours. I keep going from burning hot and sweating, to freezing and shivering, and freezing and burning at the same time. My whole body hurts, I've only slept about 3 hours in the past 48. The flu doesn't sound bad till you get it, it's absolutely crippling. Don't pass up your flu shots!!

static-harmony 11.29.2006 02:43 AM

I hardly get sick.

EyeballGrowth 11.29.2006 02:50 AM

Me neither. I didn't want to get a flu shot because they usually make me sick by themselves so I didn't. Now I'm paying for it

static-harmony 11.29.2006 02:52 AM

I am going for a streak four years without getting sick.

alteredcourse 11.29.2006 06:06 AM

enjoy that steak .

king_buzzo 11.29.2006 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alteredcourse
enjoy that steak .

:D

i hate being sick. fevers alright, but throat/nose shit sucks

jon boy 11.29.2006 08:01 AM

had a cold recently but it wasnt too bad. only ever had a real flu once and it was awful. they say that the way to tell between a cold and the flu is that if you saw £50 falling like rain outside if you had a cold you would go get them, if you had flu you wouldnt be able to.

king_buzzo 11.29.2006 08:03 AM

ofcourse i would.

lucyrulesok 11.29.2006 08:08 AM

Flu is RUBBISH. I've had it THREE TIMES.
I hate it when people whinge about having the flu at school..... I just want to smack them. FLU ISN'T FUNNY.

Seriously, you don't know the meaning of tthe word comfort until iyou recover from flu.

jon boy 11.29.2006 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucyrulesok
Seriously, you don't know the meaning of tthe word comfort until iyou recover from flu.

what about double quilted toilet paper?

HaydenAsche 11.29.2006 10:00 AM

Pussy. The flu can kiss my drunk chain-smoking ass.

Glice 11.29.2006 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucyrulesok
Flu is RUBBISH. I've had it THREE TIMES.
I hate it when people whinge about having the flu at school..... I just want to smack them. FLU ISN'T FUNNY.

There are two types of flu: Man-flu (a bit of a sniffle, lethargy) and proper flu. My Dad had proper flu once, it was not a pleasant sight, the poor bugger.

I've not been ill, apart from the rattling in my lungs that I'm starting to think might be some new, ultra-long form of tb, for a fair while. Either that or I've been ill forever.

fishmonkey 11.29.2006 10:13 AM

Flu aint nice.
what really pisses me off is when someone has a silly little cold and brands it "the flu"
my Dad always says the flu is determined by €50...

how you ask..

you look out yr bedroom window and see €50 on the ground across the road, if your well enough to leave yr house go across the road and get it you have a cold, if you physically cant leave your bed (even with the thoughts of a nifty fifty in yr back pocket) you have the flu...

words to live by right there.

Iain 11.29.2006 10:41 AM

Yeah, I've had proper flu once.

In school if we were ill our history teacher would ask us what was wrong with us. If anyone said "flu" he would start ranting along the lines of "flu? don't talk nonsense...people die of the flu...you had a cold"...I thought he was a bit mental until I got actual proper flu. It was well shit.