Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   So my years of this board have finally bore fruit (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=8900)

hey alex 12.12.2006 02:00 PM

So my years of this board have finally bore fruit

There was a cd giveaway in the features section todat asking "first person to describe and/or explain the title of Sonic Youth's new album "the destroyed room' will win a free cd."
And boy did I win with a story of J Masics having dirty rooms, as well as It being a dirty era b-side and that the cover picture has to do with the title too.

I don't know what cd I'll get from this--the guy told me to give a list of "more or less current CDs I want" so I just included destroyed room and some things from this year like the my morning jacket live album and the thermals cd. Which I don't if he;ll have- I haven't kept too up in the music scene this year.

Any suggestions if those don't pull thru?

_slavo_ 12.12.2006 02:07 PM

Duran Duran's debut CD.

Inhuman 12.12.2006 02:15 PM

nice going!! If you don't have "Altar" by Boris and Sunn0))) you should check that out

hey alex 12.12.2006 02:30 PM

I considered putting that on there--- but considering the run of cds normally listed on there (shit like van morrison 2006!) I thought the thermals were a long enough shot.

_slavo_ 12.13.2006 06:07 AM

get the Supersilent DVD. I bought it yesterday and it's fucking ace.

hey alex 12.13.2006 01:00 PM

is that the lee and his wife dvd?

He said he couldn;t give up what i asked for, because he wanted to keep them, but he'd make it up in quantity--so sweetness to hit my mailbox soon. Making that and some decent green finds the only good thing happened yesterday---i swear I had my own goddamn personal rain cloud foloowing me all day thru a speeding ticket and losing my wallet (which i did manage to find---a sliver lining has a touch of gray)/

_slavo_ 12.13.2006 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hey alex
is that the lee and his wife dvd?

He said he couldn;t give up what i asked for, because he wanted to keep them, but he'd make it up in quantity--so sweetness to hit my mailbox soon. Making that and some decent green finds the only good thing happened yesterday---i swear I had my own goddamn personal rain cloud foloowing me all day thru a speeding ticket and losing my wallet (which i did manage to find---a sliver lining has a touch of gray)/

nope, supersilent is a norwegian improv/ambient band

scott v 12.13.2006 01:22 PM

who would want that my morning jacket live album?

hey alex 12.13.2006 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
nope, supersilent is a norwegian improv/ambient band

ahh

[quote=who would want that my morning jacket live album?]
Because they're from my hometown, as is the newspaper, and I figured they'd probably have a few extra copies. Plus i was going for recent and that wa slike 2months ago.