View Single Post
Old 06.30.2006, 10:16 PM   #16
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
I always find it funny how, more than any other genre, hardcore fans can often be the most retrogressive group imaginable. Refused are one of the very, very few bands who came out of hardcore and ended up making something that appealed to a wider audience as well as (some) of the original hardcore fans. Personally, I often get shit from mates of mine because I far prefer shape of punk... to the other stuff, because I'm really not a hardcore fan at all. Very rarely I find a proper hardcore band I like.

On a slightly different tack - Converge, "Fuck me how great are they" question mark?

Yeah, the 'early Refused is best' is more from people trying to maintain an image rather than the actual belief that early Refused holds more weight than latter Refused.

I don't get your Converge thing: You mean you like them, or you were just flexing your right to use sarcasm? I like Converge.You Fail Me is the only Converge album I own, but it's a top album.